HOTAS Cougar - Antenna elevation knob bug

Yes. If not centered, it rapidly accumulates instead of allowing fine adjustment. Should be 0 elevation when centered, and increment or decrement angle relative to knob deflection. 33% rotation of knob past center should be 20 degrees up deflection of radar array.

Yeah - I had to unmap it from my rotary dial and use buttons instead.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

Is this fixed yet? I just bought the module and doing the hotas mapping as we speak.

Edit : Apparently it works now

Edited by d0ppler

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

@nineline This is a bug. You have modeled the antenna elevation control wrong in this aircraft. It does not act like the F18 with a centering spring load, but absolute elevation across the scroll like the F15.

According to available data...this is correct. The Ant Knob is NOT spring loaded to center in the F-16.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

@nineline This is a bug. You have modeled the antenna elevation control wrong in this aircraft. It does not act like the F18 with a centering spring load, but absolute elevation across the scroll like the F15.

All said! Now boys ED will get this fixed eventually at some point I’m pretty sure! And include a nice set of fixes and new features along with new patch 2.5.6 so we get a new feel and more immersive experience being a “virtual” fighter pilot

I want 100% of baby viper not 50% not 75% but yes a ????% dangerous viper a machine born to kill and being superior! :megalol:

GIVE US!

Obvious F-16 C/D/A and B (MLU ver.)

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

Intel Core I7 6850K 6/12 core OC@4.3Ghz /Gigabyte X99 Wifi/ Corsair DDR4 3400Mhz 32Gb VENGENCE LED/ PSU Corsair RM 850 Fully Modular 80+Gold/ MSI GamingX GTX1080OC/ SSD M.2 500GB Samsung Evo970 and 1TB FireCuda SSHD HYBRID/ 24'5inch AOC75Hz Gsync Monitor 1ms/ Win10Pro 64Bit/ Cooling 4 LED 120mm Fans, CPU Cooling Corsair H80i V2. Flight equip. HOTAS COUGAR F-16 modded.:joystick:

huh...:huh:

This has been fixed for ages.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Would like to add that my radar cursor is also not functioning properly.

I am using a TUSBA so first thing, check the calibration in the TUSBA software and all works well,

but the y axes won't show up in the controls settings and the x shows loaded but won't function in the game.

Any help or advice or other information would be greatly apricated.

To add, all were working just fine a short while ago.

Might I suggest clearing that mapping and remap it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Thanks for the reply Sierra. I have cleared and retried in axes command several times with not only the antenna elevation but the manual range knob and the cursor control with no results.

I have checked the calibration in the TUSBA software 3 times and all is working well so I know I don't have a faulty switch problem. As I wrote in the previous post, all was working well the first of March, I was away from my computer till the 13th, when I booted up the game for the first time, that's when I discovered the problem. Nothing had been touched.

I'm going to blame old age, its my story and I'm sticking to it. But I had completely forgot that there is Thrustmaster software with a calibration page. Duh! With this discovery, the manual range and antenna elevation work as advertised both in calibration and in the control panel in the game.

The bad news is the radar cursor works in the Thrustmaster calibration page, neither axes shows up in the game.

Open for any suggestions.

I'm going to blame old age, its my story and I'm sticking to it. But I had completely forgot that there is Thrustmaster software with a calibration page. Duh! With this discovery, the manual range and antenna elevation work as advertised both in calibration and in the control panel in the game.

The bad news is the radar cursor works in the Thrustmaster calibration page, neither axes shows up in the game.

Open for any suggestions.

When you say neither of your radar cursor axis show up in game, how are you looking for them? when assigning an axis there is a drop down box which allows you to selectively select an axis

90AEC3F86C2CB9D6EAD774B009133DBE1A227857

Above is a pretty old picture but you can see that you can chose axis from that dropdown box, so you might be able to see the axis you're looking for in that list, even if the sim wont pick it up normally when you try and bind it.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I'm claiming the old age thing again. I had no idea the axes were in that drop down menu.

Deano87, you pulled me out again, worked just as you wrote and I am pleased to say all is well.

Thank you very much for the help.

No problem! Glad you’re back up and running again! :thumbup::D:joystick:

Proud owner of: