F-15E?

JazonXD

V(2/3) are AESA radars. The V(1) was the last MSA iteration - we were not discussing AESA as there is no APG-70 equivalent AFAIK.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Datalink pod.

A-ha :thumbup:

The surface of the travel pod isn't as smooth so that should've been a give away.

None of those jets are carrying the GBU-15/AGM-130 series weapons, so are there other reasons for carrying the D/L pods or are the GBU-15/AGM-130 loaded on a different aircraft (unseen) within the flight?

A-ha :thumbup:

The surface of the travel pod isn't as smooth so that should've been a give away.

None of those jets are carrying the GBU-15/AGM-130 series weapons, so are there other reasons for carrying the D/L pods or are the GBU-15/AGM-130 loaded on a different aircraft (unseen) within the flight?

It’s been 16 years (to the day pretty much), so I’m not going to claim to remember the exact reason. We had some jets on alert in case they had intel about some of the HVTs (think the deck of cards) that were loaded with AGM-130s. They were basically “no fail” missions so there were extra tails with pods in case they needed spares had the prime aircraft broke. That may/may not have been why those still had them on there. We dropped a few 130s at the start, but they were not dropped on a continuous basis as they were not really necessary.

It’s been 16 years (to the day pretty much), so I’m not going to claim to remember the exact reason. We had some jets on alert in case they had intel about some of the HVTs (think the deck of cards) that were loaded with AGM-130s. They were basically “no fail” missions so there were extra tails with pods in case they needed spares had the prime aircraft broke. That may/may not have been why those still had them on there. We dropped a few 130s at the start, but they were not dropped on a continuous basis as they were not really necessary.

Thanks

HVT, that reminds of a GW/Janes F-15 mission.

PASS is (Passive Attack Sensor System), it combines PAD, Sniper, DVR (Digital Video Recorder) to control recorded and live video imagery from various onboard sources and EMD (Engine Monitor Display).

FPCI is the (Flat Panel Control Indicator) and is basically an updated version of the Navigation Control Indicator (NCI)

VSRD is the (Vertical Situation Display Replacement)

There's also FPCDV (Flat Panel Color Display Variant) which is basically an updated MPCD.

Thank You, a lot, for opening up all those acronyms!

Too many is always believing that everyone who reads something knows all the acronyms, and using those acronyms opened means that it is easier to understand the discussion when it is not jargon.

Sure, when a pilots and engineers talks, they can use as much they want all the jargon, like lawyers can use their jargon about case who v. who, but for common sense all the acronyms should be opened at least first, before referring using those.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 3 weeks later...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Hey they did an Hommage to me to ;)

Harley-Quinn.jpg?ssl=1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Thank You, a lot, for opening up all those acronyms!

Too many is always believing that everyone who reads something knows all the acronyms, and using those acronyms opened means that it is easier to understand the discussion when it is not jargon.

Sure, when a pilots and engineers talks, they can use as much they want all the jargon, like lawyers can use their jargon about case who v. who, but for common sense all the acronyms should be opened at least first, before referring using those.

Glad you found that helpful Fri13.:thumbup: