How to set up a drone for Lasertargeting?

Ragnar65

Hi guys,

while working around with LGB-Missions, I found a YT-video of the Grim Reapers that shows a Predator drone being used for lasing targets to use LGBs.

Unfortuantely I haven´t found any entry in the ME that orders the drone to use a laser targeting as any JTAC does...

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Kind regards

Stefan

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

• 2 weeks later...

Have now the Reaper set as FAC. See also enclosed screenshot. But - how do i contact the reaper to get my target designation? In my radio menu there´s only the other human JTAC available...

Could anyone please gimme some advise how to put the Reaper into service?

Thank you... ;-)

Screen_190412_203717.thumb.png.d99bd7e56200416d2b7b73c3b66bbd38.png

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

@majinbot, did you actually succeeded into doing that ?

I tried but to no avail : I call the autolaze function in CTLD with my Reaper's group name and laser code, and it seems to work (at least no error nor anything in the log) ; then I use the JTAC status radio menu and my Reaper is not there...

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

@majinbot, did you actually succeeded into doing that ?

Yep,

1- Load script file: mist_4_3_74.lua

2- Load script file: CTLD.lua (I use a modified version for the Hornet, Lat Long with 2 decimals)

3- In editor name the jtac vehicle ex.: JTAC

3- Load script: ctld.JTACAutoLase('JTAC', 1688, true,"all", 1)

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

Yep,

1- Load script file: mist_4_3_74.lua

2- Load script file: CTLD.lua (I use a modified version for the Hornet, Lat Long with 2 decimals)

3- In editor name the jtac vehicle ex.: JTAC

3- Load script: ctld.JTACAutoLase('JTAC', 1688, true,"all", 1)

Thanks !

This is weird ; I do exactly the same thing in my mission and it works for dynamically spawned ground vehicles (even the non-laser-capable kind) but not for the Reaper drone (it simply never appears in the Jtac Status radio menu).

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

I don’t know the first thing about coding or scripts. Is there a way to get a Predator to lase just using the stock Mission Editor?

Yes there is...

Create a Reaper

Set its task to AFAC

Go to the advanced WP actions selection for WP0

Confirm the "Start Enroute Task" is set to to FAC

Confirm the "EPLRS" is set to to On

Confirm the callsign, frequency and modulation

Create a second WP (WP1) close to the target

Go to advanced WP actions selection for WP1

Create a "perform task" command

Set that command to "orbit" and set the other settings in that command

Create a "Start Enroute Task" command

Set that command to "FAC-Engage Group"

Set the group to the group name of your target

Set the weapon to AUTO

set the priority to 0

Set the Designation to LASER

Check the datalink box

Confirm the callsign, frequency and modulation are the same setting as before

Fly the mission

• Like 1

Have now the Reaper set as FAC. See also enclosed screenshot. But - how do i contact the reaper to get my target designation? In my radio menu there´s only the other human JTAC available...

Could anyone please gimme some advise how to put the Reaper into service?

Thank you... ;-)

See the post above for a step by step. I can upload a very short example mission if you like.

You can use the JTAC Automatic Targeting and Laser script, no need to contact the drone, as soon as the script starts, the drone begins to lase the target.

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

Hi Buddy,

I have now dl´d both files (MIST.LUA and CTLD.lua), implemented in my mission to have a infantryman be the JTAC, but get errormessages on missionstart. See enclosed screenshots. I have enclosed the .miz, so you can see how ther scripts are put in...

Any ideas what went wrong?

EDIT: found the solution here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=224366. Had picked the single files from the directory isterad of loading the whole zip-file... Now it works... Crazy thing indeed...

M2000 Tanklager.miz

Fehler1.PNG.28730a56059209583b1381335aa91508.PNG

Fehler2.PNG.cc4d47df71a8d0bb8f7bc63e9915e7b5.PNG

Edited by Ragnar65

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

• 4 weeks later...
See the post above for a step by step. I can upload a very short example mission if you like.

Hey if you could load a sample. i have followed your directions to the letter, and it works for the harrier, but i get no response for the hornet, unless i have the ammo for the cannon. then i get request GUN, WP, 0. it never fires the laser.

thanks

Woody.

Hey if you could load a sample. i have followed your directions to the letter, and it works for the harrier, but i get no response for the hornet, unless i have the ammo for the cannon. then i get request GUN, WP, 0. it never fires the laser.

thanks

Woody.

I’m away at the moment but I can get it done on the weekend.

thanks

Woody.

Here you go

aaaaaaa.miz