=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Would you consider expanding your stat page not only to show individual pilots but also squadrons effort ? Recently I've been seeing a lot more groups entering the server and flying together.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Hi Eekz, the are a few bugs with you stats recording.

One: Sometimes no kills will be recorded for an entire flight.

Two: Sometimes multiple kills will be rewarded for just one dogfight. e.g Just look at my stats, it shows that I killed MeoW.Scharfi eight times in one second when I obviously only shot him down once.

Peace

Two: Sometimes multiple kills will be rewarded for just one dogfight. e.g Just look at my stats, it shows that I killed MeoW.Scharfi eight times in one second when I obviously only shot him down once.

Peace

Same here. On the BS website, it says that out of 5 dogfights, I won 4 (in the Mustang). Within this season, I know that both those numbers are bigger, especially the dogfights one. Many of my dogfights end with a standoff, or I get away, or he gets away.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Btw eekz I admire that screenshots of the I-16 and the cockpit of the A8 already made it to the website. That was pretty quick

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Sorry to say that, but fixed liveries are intended in order to avoid non-existent and duel liveries.

Missed that one but as much as I can understand such approach for custom made liveries, there is a wide range of ingame ones that still could be made available such as ones from Blunosed campaign. Having just 1-2 skins is not fun

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Peace

We are looking into this. That happened in the past and we've made some fixes, but seems it did not solve the issue for 100%

According to dogfights log it was happening from 2019-06-09 02:11:31 to 2019-06-09 02:36:30

Many of my dogfights end with a standoff, or I get away, or he gets away.

Such events are not counted as dogfights, as it does not generate a 'kill' event. It's ok.

Edited by eekz

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

Yesterday when i was starting D-9 "Dodge 1-3" a 109 spawned into me and killed me.

It happened twice, so it was not probably coincidence but it is trouble with spawn point.

109 cabin is visible in cockpit my 190 on picture.

When i replayed track from second accident, 109 appeared above me and fell apart like my Dora..

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/cXn2ocV.png[/img]

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Attention!

Due to tremendous increase in players numbers on the server our stats engine got mad, and problems with recordings on the web may occur for some period of time. We're working hard on resolving the issue. We think that the fix will be backward compatible - it means that in the end all your progress will be counted correctly. We'll keep you updated.

Stay tuned!

Edited by eekz

Burning Skies

My number of air wins dropped by 1, and so did my number of dogfights.

I guess I'll keep pressing on, and see if it records it. It recorded an Anton kill from this morning, so I'll give it time and see if it tracks my progress well from here and on

Thx for the update! I like that fighter ranking thing too

It updated just perfect. Thanks!

Attention!

Due to tremendous increase in players numbers on the server our stats engine got mad, and problems with recordings on the web may occur for some period of time. We're working hard on resolving the issue. We think that the fix will be backward compatible - it means that in the end all your progress will be counted correctly. We'll keep you updated.

Stay tuned!

Great work EEkz. Seeing more players come in with the addition of the A8 and I16 has increased the numbers quite some. It would be great if you can back Engineer the problems with stats as its been that way for at least a month or more. See my post and Campbell's from 3 pages ago. Also on ELO its kind of good but kind of bad, if your fighting and its close to the end of the season and you shoot 3 lower rated players down and get bounced slow and low you can actually go down in stats points which it seems counter productive to engage.

Great work EEkz. Seeing more players come in with the addition of the A8 and I16 has increased the numbers quite some. It would be great if you can back Engineer the problems with stats as its been that way for at least a month or more. See my post and Campbell's from 3 pages ago. Also on ELO its kind of good but kind of bad, if your fighting and its close to the end of the season and you shoot 3 lower rated players down and get bounced slow and low you can actually go down in stats points which it seems counter productive to engage.

Agree, but the improvement should be considered wisely, as I think in general ELO represents pilots skill quite nicely and also creates some nice metagame.

Burning Skies

Hi guys, noob here. How can I check the position of the objectives after take off? I use F10 to bring up the map but the objectives are not marked there.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Hi guys, noob here. How can I check the position of the objectives after take off? I use F10 to bring up the map but the objectives are not marked there.
ALT+B to open briefing and look at the photo. The grid coordinates do not match the F10 map, so you will have to look at landmarks like rivers and towns, as well as headings. Eventually you have the locations memorized. All the target areas look similar, so you will recognize them when you see them. Sometimes look for smoke, if other players are attacking them.

ALT+B to open briefing and look at the photo. The grid coordinates do not match the F10 map, so you will have to look at landmarks like rivers and towns, as well as headings. Eventually you have the locations memorized. All the target areas look similar, so you will recognize them when you see them. Sometimes look for smoke, if other players are attacking them.

Thanks mate! I will take another ride with the A8 this afternoon.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

There is no working SRS for BS

Agree, but the improvement should be considered wisely, as I think in general ELO represents pilots skill quite nicely and also creates some nice metagame.

Agree I have noticed some players in the the top 5 seem to slowwww their attacks towards the end of the round for each season. Makes for interesting results. Now Flying today we (362nd) noticed the 109 has now upgraded its armour from a Tiger Tank to a Super TIGER and takes 7 or 8 planes to bring one down? Obviously a glitch in the DM but its was very noticeable today! On almost all of my fights today (5 Kills) of the 109 it was several planes shooting the K4 to finally get the kill and when I mean several I counted 8 and the K4 kept flying after all 8 Allied aircraft including the Spitfire Shooting all his cannon into the 109K4 with (Nil performance degradation) except lots of smoke. I know this is most likely a DCS issue as no one in their right mind would make the K4 harder to Kill. Perhaps consider to remove the K4 until this is repaired? Any other comments welcome?

Agree I have noticed some players in the the top 5 seem to slowwww their attacks towards the end of the round for each season. Makes for interesting results. Now Flying today we (362nd) noticed the 109 has now upgraded its armour from a Tiger Tank to a Super TIGER and takes 7 or 8 planes to bring one down? Obviously a glitch in the DM but its was very noticeable today! On almost all of my fights today (5 Kills) of the 109 it was several planes shooting the K4 to finally get the kill and when I mean several I counted 8 and the K4 kept flying after all 8 Allied aircraft including the Spitfire Shooting all his cannon into the 109K4 with (Nil performance degradation) except lots of smoke. I know this is most likely a DCS issue as no one in their right mind would make the K4 harder to Kill. Perhaps consider to remove the K4 until this is repaired? Any other comments welcome?

yeah, Im wondering if something on the server is causing the issue. I had no problem the weekend after the patch came out. Could shoot planes down as per normal. But the last few days the 109 in particular does not seem to take much damage from hits. Takes a silly amount of hits to bring them down. I'm not even sure if a single P51 can shoot a 109 down at the moment. I think the P51D does not carry enough ammo. I watched 5+ aorcraft chase and shoot a single 109 and struggle to shoot it down. I switched to the spitfire because its cannons normally wreck planes reletivelty quickly but I found myself almost running out of ammo before enemy planes would go down.

I bounced a 109 and put a good 3 second burst in his ass at close range before he reacted. I saw no noticable damage and then he started dogfighing me lol. It got to the point where I was luring them into our AA because my guns were not doing enough damage and I kept running out of ammo. I wish I had shadowplay working, would have had some amusing videos.

I have not had a chance to test it yet but I suspect its an issue with the Burning skies mission. Maybe something to do with the fix for the multiple kills bug.

Hey guys,

I’ve never played multiplayer before and am thinking I’d like to. I fly numerous planes, but due to the nature of the dog fighting and my love of old warbirds, feel that WW2-era multiplayer would perhaps be the most fun. That said, hopefully it’s okay to ask these questions here even though they’re not exactly BS server related (but I’m interested in playing on your server for the aforementioned reasons):

The biggest question I have is this: Will I get completely dominated playing in VR? As others who have gone VR can attest, there’s no going back. However the main issues and potential handicaps I see are both a result of visibility. I know spotting other aircraft is hard enough as it is, but it’s REALLY hard in VR. I mention this because in the videos I’ve watched from the server it looks like no type of labels are used. I imagine It’ll be very easy to get bounced often.

Second is the difficulty in checking your six. Again in videos, I see guys on monitors using a key or whatever to quickly, easily, and clearly check directly behind them. This is harder (although more realistic) in VR and potentially a major disadvantage.

Perhaps I’m looking too hard into it all and should just jump in and try. Thanks to anyone who read this far into my rambling and for any responses.

-Chris

i9-9900K | 1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | TM Warthog | Oculus Rift S | gametrix JetSeat

F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | P-47D | Spitfire | Fw 190A-8 | Bf 109K-4

Odd. After the update, I didn't detect any issue. I dove on a 109 with my 51, and with a long 2 second burst, I knocked off his tail and he flat spun into the ground, and before that I did a similar tactic and burst length, and knocked off a 109's left wing.

What I do have a hard time with is the A8. I can pump another few hundred pounds of lead into a 190A8, and it will still tick its way back home, fat and happy