Problems galore

BlacleyCole

In the training mission it says hit spacebar to continue, I hit it but nothing happens so I go in to the controls section hit the spacebar it brings up a gun/camera command so I clear it but it still isn’t working in the mission.

What is going on I even tried an external keyboard since it is a laptop, Acer Predator 17x. My spacebar is working by the fact that it pulls up the configuration in controls, that also shows that dcs recognizes it but why will it not work in the mission?

If you got any suggestions please provide them this is driving me crazy .

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Problems galore

Once I get the missions to recognize my spacebar I’ll be able to learn by using the training missions.

My first choice would be the uh-1 huey but my pit isn’t setup for helicopters since I’ve not been able to test and mount my maxflight collective.

Second choice was the viper but the used cougar hotas is having problems so it is sidelined until re4ly is able to send me an overhaul kit using his new mag sensors and convert the throttle to usb from a d9 connector that must go through.the stick if I convert t I can use the warthog stick since they are almost the same except the cougar uses the old type sensor and the warthog uses heart technology sensors but without the throttle setup which emulates the viper throttle I’ll have to wait on this module.

So that leaves me with my warthog hotas and that matches up to the a-10a/c warthog. I probably should try learning the a-10 a but I’m going for the a-10c because I’ve been out of dcs for the past year because health issues early in the year and not getting on a pc for most of the year. Before that I concentrated on the huey with my puma setup but it gave me trouble I may use it in the future but the collective needs a huey head instead of that simple two button two toggle switch setup.

So if you have any suggestions I’m open to them.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Don't sweat the small stuff ?

Enjoy flying what you have with what you've got , and don't get bogged down with details ?

I have a lot of fun flying the Albatross , Huey and Hornet , and my setup does not match any of these :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I'm not sure I understand the question.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Don't sweat the small stuff ?

Enjoy flying what you have with what you've got , and don't get bogged down with details ?

I have a lot of fun flying the Albatross , Huey and Hornet , and my setup does not match any of these :)

Agreed. I fly everything with my Warthog and pedals, and I know guys who fly everything with just a twist-stick. It's more fun than not flying at all!

dcs_sig.jpg

The biggest problem is the missions not responding to the spacebar. If anyone has a clue how to correct this please pass it on

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Spacebar key is by default set to the gun trigger.

If this works, your spacebar key is at least recognized.

Also, you could alter another action and set spacebar key instead (like pausing the game or so) just to see if it responds well.

Also, maybe your HOTAS setting (if any) interphere's?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• ED Team

Hi

please attach your dcs.log and let me know which training mission you are having problems with, or is it all?

Are you trying to use the space bar to early, sometimes you need to allow for the dialogue to finish before proceeding.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

bignewy its all missions that i have tried. i cleared the hotas spacebar key bind. im awaiting for the message to complete and even waited a minute or more at times.

where is the dcs.log located?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

• ED Team

Log can be found here

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\Logs

please reproduce the problem, and then attach the log here.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

i tried to up load thw dcs.log snd dcas.logold filrebut got invalidf file for both

dcs.log.old.txt

dcs.log.txt

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

• ED Team

Hi

you can change the .log to .txt or zip the files and they will attach

thank you

That’s what I was thinking when I power up the laptop I’ll upload them

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB