Profile saving

Havoc04

So if am to understand correctly. FOR EVERY plane i own i have to create 3 separate profiles for each plane?

Stick/Throttle/Rudder.

Why does this have to be so complicated? Why cant DCS see's me using the Huey and saves all appropriate axis etc to a single file? Say HUEY template with all my alteration and additions to the save file?

Regards

Mike

Actually I understand you. Maybe Devs can prepare presets for premium HOTASes that present in the market.

But I don't think it's complicated. Contrarily, it's fun.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Why does this have to be so complicated? Why cant DCS see's me using the Huey and saves all appropriate axis etc to a single file? Say HUEY template with all my alteration and additions to the save file?

Because there are too many different controller solutions out there. For example, an X52 user would have stick, throttle and rudder axis all in a single controller, while a user with a Warthog and Saitek pedals would have three separate controllers. Meanwhile, if the Warthog user was using Target, they would only have two controllers (Warthog Combined and Saitek pedals).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

While it can be a little cumbersome at times and one needs to be careful with selection they make, I personally like it very much - pretty dang impressive in the depth it gives in setting up controllers imho.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

So if am to understand correctly. FOR EVERY plane i own i have to create 3 separate profiles for each plane?

Stick/Throttle/Rudder.

Why does this have to be so complicated?

It seems to me that what you call profiles are the axis tuning parameters; and yes you have to tune them for every plane (unless you like the default straigth curves) .. I do this chore once, whenever I purchase a new module (which isnt that often)

... thereafter the tuning info (and the key & button assignment) is stored by DCS on /user/saved games/dcs/config/input .. I just keep a backup of this folder (actually, I backup the entire /saved games/dcs/ folder) and have never had to fiddle with the Hotas configuration again .. even if I reinstall Windows and/or DCS.

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB