[REPORTED]HUD scaling in the new cockpit

Eviscerador

Hi everyone!

I have noticed that the new HUD in the A10C is scaled up so you can't see half of the information on the lower part and the upper part.

I'm attaching here two pictures, one from the older HUD and other from the new one.

Screen_180813_231040.thumb.png.6b9381b307e0b34b2a07a4e84e2689ff.png

Screen_191219_105748.thumb.png.81f18f051191586acb2aec187c61df20.png

Edited by Eviscerador

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same here ! Nearly unusable.

Maybe I go back one version. Hope they change this to the better really soon.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

• ED Team

Hi all

This is reported and we have some tweaks being worked on currently

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Try moving your seating position up a bit by using the switch on the left hand side of the cockpit. Or move your view closer to the HUD and save it as a custom view.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Try moving your seating position up a bit by using the switch on the left hand side of the cockpit. Or move your view closer to the HUD and save it as a custom view.

Tell me how to save a custom view, please.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Hi all

This is reported and we have some tweaks being worked on currently

thanks

Thanks you so much, Bignewy, I had just sent a ticket to Andrey Filin about this issue. ;)

DCS Wishlist:

• DCS: A-10C 2: new suite, flight and system improvements. fix no real things. To include new features. Some real love.

Are we going to have to pay for the tweaks?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4144014&postcount=40

That would be, pretty scummy all things considered, i get its an old product but im willing to bet pretty much everybody has sunk money in other places in DCS and for something as simple as adding some scuff marks and paint chips really should not be cause for billing.

A10C - Block 5+7, AV8B/NA Harrier, F-14B.

Pentium G4560, GTX 1050Ti, 20GB's total, 1x16GB Kingston Hyper X, And a 1x4GB Avexir Core Series kit, fleamarket mouse/keyboard, i swear it works fine :megalol:

I disagree, in my opinion the HUD scale is correct, but it's optimized for stereo view, like VR does.

The legacy A-10C simulator was designed under 2D view visualization (screens), were an unique point of view is used. In this case the HUD scale must be reduced in order to get all the information in this field of view.

BUT, in real life, (or VR), this field of view is a bit wider, because of presence of two points of view (the eyes) instead of one. So, we can talk about three different fields on the HUD, from left to right: the area covered by the right eye only, followed by a huge common area covered by both eyes, and finally the area covered by the left eye only. See the picture below.

dibujo.png.28233f1cad705607696d9477402f7845.png

If we want to see all these information under one eye ONLY (screens) we are forced to reduce to scale or place the pilot eye forward.

I don't know why the F-18 does not have this problem. Probably the distance of the point of view as pilot eye in relation to the HUD, but I note it's properly scaled under both 2 and 3D perspectives.

So in order to please all users, and after the modification I read before is made, I sugest to add an entry on A-10C SPECIAL tab, for choosing 2D or 3D HUD optimitation: 3D option could keep this present scale even can support a small reduction, and 2d should be reduced it a bit more. Probably the F-18 reached a compromised solution between both of them. I'm sure the developpers will test and found a good solution.

Thanks.

Antonio.

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

Tell me how to save a custom view, please.

Find your view then save it with "right alt + Num 0".

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack