Lost in Campaign mission "Extraction"

Yurgon

In mission 8 of the Spring Tension Campaign, "Extraction", I'm lost on what to do or where to fly.

I followed the other Mi-8. When they got ready to extract troops, I was ordered to head to the drop-off spot from the previous mission ("Air Assault"). According to a voice-over from the navigator, I was supposed to fly a certain heading for 7 km.

After flying that heading for a short time, I got a message like "We're here, land and pick up the troops". I landed on a couple of plains that somewhat looked like the place where we'd dropped of the troops, but there was no indication that troops were actually picked up.

According to the F10 map, there was some infantry almost 2 km to the south of where I was told to land (but I just crashed before I found out whether or not those were the troops that I was supposed to pick up).

I'm lost on what to do and where to land. I think this should be made much clearer. A smoke marker would be a huge help, and an F10 radio option like "Bearing to troops" would also be a huge help. Or radio-homing, in which case the briefing should just give the frequency/channel for locating the troops.

Edit: Flew the mission again and made a few screenshots. I think the directions for the pick-up are a bit off. "Down there", that's like taking off from Senaki and saying "Kutaisi is right up ahead" - it is, but the statement is very non-specific. :music_whistling:

spring_tension_08_down_there_left.thumb.jpg.5b107a0abb5027424f0233676f267b45.jpg

spring_tension_08_down_there_right.thumb.jpg.865af9f8615356425602a67a0f8fb60e.jpg

spring_tension_08_down_there_wait_what.thumb.jpg.82b567bccf9d8be4bbbf4342a06c6db3.jpg

spring_tension_08_down_there_yeah_sure.thumb.jpg.2c03fce48a0e13eb81e30c620e33fdbf.jpg

Edited by Yurgon

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...