2020 Chinese New Year Mini Update

uboats

Sorry probably shouldn’t have said it like that. It’s more a joke of these kinds of conversations, one meaningless thing confirming something based off wild speculation, should’ve added a winking emoji

DOH! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!?!?!?!? :doh: :chair: :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Happy new year to the drunk Deka team.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

the problem with older era modules/airframe are theres not a big market for them in MP, theres an issue in DCS that discourage others from flying older era modules, and that is spotting.

Yes. Scaling is completely broken. Static objects are fine but player aircraft and AI scale completely unrealistically and disproportionately.

Have a great New Year and look forward to the future developments! :drunk:

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

[Deka Ironworks] Next Flyable Module Suggestions

FTC-2000G [Multirole][Export]

J-8B [interceptor]

J-8D [interceptor]

J-8F [interceptor]

Q-5IA [Ground-Attack]

A-5C [Ground-Attack][Export]

JL-8W [Trainer/Light Attack]

K-8W [Trainer/Light Attack][Export]

I don't think trainers would be so good as we already have those and they don't have much of a mission scope in DCS. The J-8 or Q-5 sound like the best bet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

I don't think trainers would be so good as we already have those and they don't have much of a mission scope in DCS. The J-8 or Q-5 sound like the best bet

Everyone is entitled to their opinion [my own post is an opinion], but to dismiss trainer aircraft entirely from a list of potential aircraft is unnecessarily restrictive. I like most everyone here would prefer more advanced fighter aircraft, but that simply isn't possible for obvious reasons [or not so obvious to some people as some posts would suggest]. My suggestions are all the aircraft I think are possible to replicate within DCS. Though the mission scope of the JL-8W/K-8W might be limited it is more modern than the two existing jet trainer aircraft modules. Also, the FTC-2000G shouldn’t be overlooked. It would easily be the next JF-17 of DCS in the sense that it would be pleasant surprise for most REDFOR/OPFOR pilots.

Edited by Roki_Vulovic

As far as trainers go L-15 is a beast https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=257851

Do not prescribe to someone suffering from big-MFCD sickness!

Won’t happen of course, maybe after a couple other modules:)

I’m sure we will get something good at moving mud!

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

theyve got about as much mission scope as plenty of aircraft in DCS-

uh-1, and mi-8 = carry stuff around or act as a slow gunship

su-25, a-10 = blow up stuff on the ground and not much else

pretty much all the warbirds = also known as neanderthals, only good at gunning each other, except the tf-51 which is only useful for getting shot at

yak-52, CE2= good those deviants who wanna fly civil aircraft in a combat simulator for some strange reason

FC3 aircraft= good if you absolutely, positively hate flipping switches and pushing buttons

Mig15/19/f86 = good for people who can't be trusted with pointy objects, or care whether the terrain below makes their aircraft time travellers (Normandy map) or modern day relics (all the rest of the maps)

if youre not concerned with being part of the multiplayer arms race, the smaller trainer/light attack aircraft are useful for COIN/CAS ops for countries that cant afford the high dollar aircraft and dont want decades old clapped out hand me down cold war aircraft.

some weirdos like me gravitate to the odd and unusual

they can serve as a change of pace from f-14/16/18 et cetera

also, consider the learning curve for new pilots- if their first foray into the sim is something like the f-16/f-18/a-10 , it may be a bit daunting - or an enthusiasm killer- especially for someone with limited time/energy to devote to this- they may want to learn an aircraft, but have too many commitments elsewhere to really dedicate themselves to a complex acft, a trainer/light attack acft is a good place to start, and for good reason

personally, i think the yak-130, boeings t-7a, alenia m-346, the alpha jet, the k-50 all would be neat aircraft to fly, but I fit into all the groups above

Edited by ngreenaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Suggesting the L-15/JL-10 is like suggesting the Yak-130. It is the new primary jet trainer aircraft of the PLAAF and PLANAF. It isn’t doing to happen. That said, I could be wrong. Afterall, the JF-17 does exist within DCS as a flyable module. With regards to J-7 suggestions, I think it highly unlikely we will see it as a flyable module anytime soon. I don’t think ED would want the J-7 [Deka Ironworks] to cannibalize sales from the MiG-21bis [Leatherneck Simulations] at least not for now. If Deka Ironworks starts churning out complete modules and they run out of planes to produce as modules then I think ED would have no problem in allowing it, but for now there are plenty of interesting indigenous Chinese aircraft that as of right now only Deka Ironworks seem capable and interested of bringing to life within DCS.

Edited by Roki_Vulovic

Answer to your question.

Hey!!! Do you want to know our plan for next flyable module?!

We've already started the discussion and investigation:

• Unfortunately, most members of our team now suffer from Big-MFCD PTSD, internally, we decide not to make a class cockpit module next;
  • externally, we want to choose an aircraft with unique design; regarding type, fighter would become lowest priority.

That said, MORE MFCD [FTC-2000G]. Maybe after the next flyable module.

• 2 weeks later...

I will vote for a helicopter used by PLAN to work together with those destoryers . > < like Z-8 and Z-9

Sikorsky S-70 which is still in service in China is also a good choice > <

Or how about AG600 It will be an aircraft with super unique design in DCS(I’m thinking about peach XD)

Edited by Akiazusa

Kyoto Animation forever!

As for U-boats other list, I'd love to see an EE litening, or Mig25 in game too. But I think the cold war lineup would really benefit from strike fighters a Su-17/22 on the east side and something like the Jaaag for the euro/west. And we already have a fair number of cold war fighters on the upcoming plane lineup (F4, mig23, Mirage F1, sea harrier).

Neither the EEL nor the MiG-25 are fighters though. And I'd very much aprreciate if someone did those. The earlier, the better.

But I'd take a Q-5, J-8 II or JH-7 on day one as well. Or a Su-17/22...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting discussions indeed.

Now let me share my opinion, on what this sim dearly needs

It dearly needs a redfor strike aircraft.

I would be overjoyed with a SU-25 full fidelity.

But what we dearly need - is the Su-24.

Hands down.

It is the only choice

Edited by Grodlund

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian