South Atlantic Terrain - Work In Progress

SUNTSAG

Hi All,

A quick update showing the FV106 Samson part of the CVR(T) Combat Vehicle Reconnaissance (Tracked) family , Work In Progress (WiP), part of the South Atlantic terrain which has started development, all assets will be part of the same product as a single purchase.

As mentioned this is an early Work In Progress update and as such, elements maybe subject to change.

attachment.php?attachmentid=183703&stc=1&d=1525181271

attachment.php?attachmentid=183704&stc=1&d=1525181278

attachment.php?attachmentid=183705&stc=1&d=1525181290

Cheers :thumbup:

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! Looking forward to it. :)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Sweet! Can't wait to bomb some runways, and calling out "Superfuse!" on the radio while having Chariots of Fire playing at full blast :pilotfly:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Nice.... :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

how far do you anticipate the map will extend east/Northeast? IFAIK the Argentine carrier battle group was quite far north early May - will you extend our water up that far? Will South Georgia be modeled?

Also - for other folks... here is a great resource for conflict maps:

https://www.britishempire.co.uk/forces/armycampaigns/southamerica/falklands/falklandswarmaps.htm

Edited by dooom

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Are there any screenshots of the terrain posted somewhere else?

They have only just started so unfortunately no, The terrain will take a while to create.

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

"south atlantic terrain" doesn't mean very much to me.

is there any further information about the map and which parts of beautiful mother earth it will bring into DCS?

surely I'm gonna purchase it anyway... one can't have enough DCS maps!

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

"south atlantic terrain" doesn't mean very much to me.

is there any further information about the map and which parts of beautiful mother earth it will bring into DCS?

Falklands Islands.

Bye

Phant

AMVI

thanks a lot. really looking forward to it! :D

ps: every tiny bit of information about the progress is very much appreciated!:thumbup:

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Really looking forward to this. Keep up the great work :)

Will there be era specific AI aircraft? A4's/ Mirages and sea harrier/ Sea kings/Lynx for instance?

And if we own an AV Harrier will we be able to launch of that ski jump? ;)

Modules- F15, F18, Spitfire, Mirage F1, Persian Gulf, Normandy 2.0, Syria, WW2 assets.

"Try to have the same number of landings as you have takeoffs"

The Image is purely being used for illustrative purposes, for those unfamiliar with the region. When we have further details regarding map specifics, we will post them here. Many thanks

The area looks very ok, please do this bigger part with terrain (like on the picture), not only the sea and Falklands/Malvinas.

Btw. here is comparison between Nevada and this proposition:

l4jlrbRh.jpg

It looks like 600x610 km not enough for sure and for us ;), especially that 80% of the covered area is water (free water! :D).

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro