Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

I was nervously reading back to the original post thinking it was posted from April 1, more so when the I get to page 234 with top post date of April 1. like reading a thriller story, glad it's got happy ending. LOL

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

F-14 Tomcat released AND a 50% performance improvement in VR...I love you guys!!!

Great time to be getting back into DCS!

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

50%! :shocking:

That's incredible!

Any official statement from ED yet on when we can expect this tweak to be implemented?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

"Soon"

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

"Soon"

Yeah but soon in ED time...

I sure hope it makes it to the next Open Beta Update.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Being quite happy with my current settings and corresponding fps, I wonder if with this performance improvement I'd be able to significantly increase PD whilst keeping the same fps.

Maybe then we can actually read gauges in the F-14 :D

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Being quite happy with my current settings and corresponding fps, I wonder if with this performance improvement I'd be able to significantly increase PD whilst keeping the same fps.

+1

In the mean time, stuff like this helps... :thumbup:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3304383/

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Hey everyone,

Earlier we mentioned that we have been working on DCS VR optimization. I have good news today! After much investigation and work, we traced the issue back to the terrain engine. We have since adjusted the terrain engine, and this has resulted in a 50% increase in VR performance! We will continue to test and optimize this further, but we hope to have this great improvement to you soon.

Thanks

Was a long wait to see something positive in this regard, great news indeed. What time scale you refer here as soon btw?...days?..weeks?

I’m totally gonna nullify those gains by quadrupling my pixel count with a new headset. ; )

Seriously though, a 50% performance improvement is an incredible claim. Experience has taught me to be skeptical of those, and very skeptical of the word “soon”. Here’s hoping this is the exception!

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

• ED Team
Was a long wait to see something positive in this regard, great news indeed. What time scale you refer here as soon btw?...days?..weeks?

As soon as we can. The Caucasus map has been optimized and the team is now working on the other maps. Once all are done and carefully tested, we'll release as part of an Open Beta.

Thanks!

As soon as we can. The Caucasus map has been optimized and the team is now working on the other maps. Once all are done and carefully tested, we'll release as part of an Open Beta.

Thanks!

Great.

Making plans for my VR headset.

Thank you.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Seriously though, a 50% performance improvement is an incredible claim.

From what I understand - they (ED) have optimized certain areas of the maps where the VR performance was suffering from the engine 'imperfections' etc. That does not mean we will see 50% fps boost :) everywhere, just some areas. I hope I'm wrong though :)

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

Thanks!

Hi Wags,

Since the Caucasus map is done, can you provide info on what exactly you mean by "50% increase in VR performance"? Is it in most areas or certain areas of the map? Does this include populated areas such as airbases, cities, etc? Is it an actual frames increase?

Thanks in advance!!!

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I expect a Total increase. I think that in the terrain things were double projected. So performance decrease. By optimizing the bottleneck we getting a huge boost overall. But that’s my opinion.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

• ED Team
Hi Wags,

Since the Caucasus map is done, can you provide info on what exactly you mean by "50% increase in VR performance"? Is it in most areas or certain areas of the map? Does this include populated areas such as airbases, cities, etc? Is it an actual frames increase?

Thanks in advance!!!

Simply using a handful of different "scenes" to do direct apples-to-apples VR FPS comparisons between the VR optimized Caucuses map and the public map. I naturally cannot promise that everyone will see the same level of performance increase due to hardware differences, but that has been my observation that I wanted to share.

Thanks

Edited by Wags

Hey Wags,

As always, thanks SO much for your accessibility and prompt update...… clearly this is an issue close to the hearts of VR users. I'm sure we're all looking forward to seeing an improvement to an amazing product.

I've been flying flight sims since Amigas and DOS so I really DO appreciate how far this genre has come!!

S!

| FC3 | KA-50 | A-10C | MIG-21Bis | F-86F | UH-1H | HAWK T.1A | F/A-18C | AV-8B N\A | F-14B | F-16C | AJS-37 | CA | NEVADA | PERSIAN GULF | SUPER CARRIER | SYRIA

Have you checked this improvement also on Pimax 5K + on a large FOV?

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H

Is there any performance increase too for us 2D monitor users? I mean would we notice any?

But it's not like you'd notice going from 80 to 100, would you? I mean with the counter turned off?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

But it's not like you'd notice going from 80 to 100, would you? I mean with the counter turned off?

I would notice... I average only mid 40s over heavily populated areas in the PG, for example.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

With the recent Oculus beta update and following this article setting up my 1080

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fsharedfiles%2Ffiledetails%2F%3Fid%3D1613410347&h=AT3IpkaPtYY-eE_oTDers8XiIOLf5kTVbIHQG-opK956uXLmJmO75FTqmVR6AQJHwLt5tgrt1FZ_I567qmFnycua4scBcfjZ0_nLuaf-QhTXO0iGFdtfLjHSB-_sUY_nzbrqZj0cVg&s=1

My performance has already improved immensely. I can run PD at 1.9, read everything and get 45fps 90% of the time.

Very happy already but another increase would be icing on the cake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was messing with settings, too many at once, now I can't figure out which one "broke" what I had.

Now, when I look off to the side and perform a roll, I see a double horizon. Also when passing over buildings, there is a double-image. It's not v-sync as I thought it might be.

Will tune one setting at a time next time.

Ideas what it may be?

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast