VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

I assume you don't know where this somewhere might be?

I'd like to daisy chain my other VA profile into vaicompro's, but would like to have it talk to dcs directly instead of key bindings.

Sorry. I don't. But you might be able to ask ED, Hollywood or the makers of SRS, TacView, DCS-BIOS etc. Programs that uses the export.lua IIRC.

But this I know, you must put your progging skills into gear. Probably get in touch with Gary, maker of Voice Attack and the other Voice Attack gurus, (Pfeil, Exergist etc. They are VERY helpful in the VA Discord), in order to make a plugin for VA. I think Hollywood might also have this on his road map, but sooooo many modules. I know some guys have special plugins for VA in the works for specific modules. The Gazelle comes to mind...

Hope this helps and encourages you, as I would love to see this implemented for all modules. Would take VA/DCS to the next level, especially when I switch to VR sometime in the future. Probably best used for special radios, not supported by VAICOM, and other rotaries like "Set instrument lighting 30", or something, to have lighting at 30 percent. I know this can be done.

One more thing, I don't remember the name of the file. But as far as I know, there is a file in every module, you need to delve into which has all of the possible actions for everything clickable etc. in the cockpit. That's why I know about the Gazelle, because somebody asked on the Polychop Discord.

Cheers and best of luck!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Sorry. I don't. But you might be able to ask ED, Hollywood or the makers of SRS, TacView, DCS-BIOS etc. Programs that uses the export.lua IIRC.

But this I know, you must put your progging skills into gear. Probably get in touch with Gary, maker of Voice Attack and the other Voice Attack gurus, (Pfeil, Exergist etc. They are VERY helpful in the VA Discord), in order to make a plugin for VA. I think Hollywood might also have this on his road map, but sooooo many modules. I know some guys have special plugins for VA in the works for specific modules. The Gazelle comes to mind...

Hope this helps and encourages you, as I would love to see this implemented for all modules. Would take VA/DCS to the next level, especially when I switch to VR sometime in the future. Probably best used for special radios, not supported by VAICOM, and other rotaries like "Set instrument lighting 30", or something, to have lighting at 30 percent. I know this can be done.

One more thing, I don't remember the name of the file. But as far as I know, there is a file in every module, you need to delve into which has all of the possible actions for everything clickable etc. in the cockpit. That's why I know about the Gazelle, because somebody asked on the Polychop Discord.

Cheers and best of luck!

Thank you

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

There is something I would like to request:

1. Please make a forum with different topics. It is hard to find something here that someone has asked before.

2. (the most important of the 3 for me). In several missions I have to order my wingmen that they have to attack boats, attack main objetive and rejoin, or attack objetive and RTB. Those are different configurations in the menus, so I cannot map them in the normal usual voice attack voice orders.

Would be great to be included into VAICOM. I hate everytime I have to show the comms menu.

3. How is the option to show Jester round menu with vaicom with the A key?. Wasn't that fixed?

There is something I would like to request:

1. Please make a forum with different topics. It is hard to find something here that someone has asked before.

2. (the most important of the 3 for me). In several missions I have to order my wingmen that they have to attack boats, attack main objetive and rejoin, or attack objetive and RTB. Those are different configurations in the menus, so I cannot map them in the normal usual voice attack voice orders.

Would be great to be included into VAICOM. I hate everytime I have to show the comms menu.

3. How is the option to show Jester round menu with vaicom with the A key?. Wasn't that fixed?

There is a forum already - we created it earlier this year. Go to the Input and Output section of the main DCS forum and you will find it. Lots of people already use it and we do try and rekind people periodically.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hi I'm having an issue when using vaicom pro with srs in the viper. When I push my PTT for either radio the SRS start and end clicks are happening without any delay in between even if I hold the PTT in. Obviously I need to hold the PTT in when transmitting on SRS to get my message out but I don't want to hear the end click almost immediately after pressing the PTT and while still holding it in as this is not realistic. In VA it listens the entire time the PTT is held in. Please help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitch:

My Specs:

i7 8700K, 32gig Corsair DDR4 3000Mhz, 2080ti, Obutto R3volution, VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro EN, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Combat Pedals, Oculus Rift S

MMSOBGYTAST!

I did a recent Windows re-install and didn't re-download DCS, so there is no registry entry. The sim works straight off my DCS SSD.

My Viacom however, while it recognises my commands in VA, does not work in game and the aircraft does not show in the PTT screen.

I have set the custom path, registry fix and deleted the export LUA in the scripts folder but nothing works.

Is this due to lack of DCS on Windows registry?

I'm still getting nowhere with this. I have run repairs on DCS, uninstalled Vaicom, reset luas etc.

I cannot get Vaicom to communicate with DCS.

I installed aerio, although I cannot import the commands through VA.

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

I'm still getting nowhere with this. I have run repairs on DCS, uninstalled Vaicom, reset luas etc.

I cannot get Vaicom to communicate with DCS.

I installed aerio, although I cannot import the commands through VA.

Could you turn on Debug in the Vaicom config and then see what appears in the VA log window when you start up - can it find a DCS installation?

How are you trying to import the AIRIO commands?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

The run in debug mode was already ticked and does nothing when I uncheck/re-check it in the VA window.

I have dropped the AIRIO d11 into the extensions folder alongside Chatter and then tried importing the commands through the edit profile in VA. However, when I point VA to the extensions folder it is empty. Chatter and AIRIO are there if I access it through My Computer though.

My scripts Export lua below if relevant.

local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

Edited by oz555

Will have a look at my setup after work today but I would expect a Vaicom entry in the export lua

In the VAICOM control panel, make sure all paths and sliders etc are set correctly. IE. OB/stable/Steam. Go to the reset screen and fix reg entries, and repair Lua. That will add VAICOM to your export.lua. Restart VA and check if it worked.

Checked and done. This didn't add anything to my export lua.
Okay. Rename your export.lua ans start/restart VA. It starts with the VAICOM profile, right?

Check your export.lua (VAICOM should have made a new one), if it has just merge the two files by adding the other lines in. I keep TacView as last, and VAICOM above it.

As I've read in other posts, export.lua should become "obsolete" as there is a new framework, which enables developers to have their own, without interfering with other apps.

I cross my fingers for you!

No luck unfortunately. Tried re-naming and deleting the Export lua. Started VA, it says Viacom 2.5 pro initialised, but no new lua in the scripts folder.

Do you have more than one DCS folder in your saved games?

Please could you start VA / Vaicom with debug on and then post your Vaicom Log file here so we can have a look at it. This can be found in:

<Install path>\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO\Logs

Think you may have nailed it. Just found a new DCS Open Beta file in Saved games.......Must have automatically created one after the Windows re-install. The Vaicom LUA is there.

Should be able to work it from here. Will get back if not.

Thanks both for your help.

Hope it solves it and no problem at all:thumbup:

everything was working fine last night, did a small windows update this morning now VA wont execute commands and I get this

8:37:40.201 there was a problem sending state update request:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at VAICOM.Client.DcsClient.SendUpdateRequest()

it will recognize commands and I get the beep, but it does nothing in the game

vaicom.JPG.b26c00ae81750ee0f3d08ea19736fb5a.JPG

I believe I got this problem a while ago. And I solved it by resetting the keywords database. I somehow corrupted it by deleting something in it, or made a conflict or whatever. You se that orange square. That's what I got as well. That's where it already fails. What does that complete error say?

I believe I got this problem a while ago. And I solved it by resetting the keywords database. I somehow corrupted it by deleting something in it, or made a conflict or whatever. You se that orange square. That's what I got as well. That's where it already fails. What does that complete error say?

it says

there was a problem sending state update request:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

the orange says

Problems were reported during initialization. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

at VAICOM.Servers.Server.SetImportedMenusAsCommands()

at VAICOM.Client.DcsClient.CreateDatabase(Object vaProxy)

at CallSite.Target(...

it says

there was a problem sending state update request:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

the orange says

Problems were reported during initialization. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

at VAICOM.Servers.Server.SetImportedMenusAsCommands()

at VAICOM.Client.DcsClient.CreateDatabase(Object vaProxy)

at CallSite.Target(...

Right, thanks. I'm pretty sure that's what happened to me. This is what I did. Editor Tab, exported. That was my backup. Reset Tab and reset Keywords. Restart VA and imported keywords back.

How I got there in the first place? I think I was cleaning out F10 action menu items that had been imported.

Now, before you do this, if you decide to (don't blame me ). Go to Editor Tab and click test. Might take a loooong time. If you get an error, I think the database might be corrupted. It will also tell you if there's a difference between database and profile.

Now, before you do this, if you decide to (don't blame me ).

Hahahaha I had exported it, but now when I import it doesn't recognize my F10 commands I lost so many custom phrases. hahaha. when I open my exported file it shows the F10 Commands in there. weird its not importing them

Hahahaha I had exported it, but now when I import it doesn't recognize my F10 commands I lost so many custom phrases. hahaha. when I open my exported file it shows the F10 Commands in there. weird its not importing them
Really? That's odd, but I think some of mine was rejected as well. But maybe that's because the database was already corrupted.

Anyway. Did you get rid of the error message?