VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Is anyone having problems calling up the Configuration tab? Pressing LCTRL, LShift and C brings another tab into the task bar but is blank and the Configuration tab is not present on the screen. Is there some means of reacquiring it please.

Not having issue here.

However it is LCTL LALT C.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Is anyone having problems calling up the Configuration tab? Pressing LCTRL, LShift and C brings another tab into the task bar but is blank and the Configuration tab is not present on the screen. Is there some means of reacquiring it please.

If you hit Alt+Space, then select move, then use the arrow keys on your keyboard, you'll be able to bring the VAICOM window to where you want it. It's something that's been happening to me for months

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Retired CO of the vCSG-3's VF-103 Jolly Rogers

This is my first visit to the VAICOM Pro forum, so I'm hoping you kind folks can help me.

Configuration:

DCS/FA-18C

Helios

SSA via onboard Realtek Audio Console

TrackIR

Logitech G35 headset/Logitech Gaming Software

Default audio output, eClaro 7.1 sound card/speakers

Default audio input, G35 mic

G35 selected as headset in DCS sound settings

Chatter redirected to G35 headset in VAICOM Audio Tab

I run all non-radio DCS sound to my 7.1 sound system so I can feel and hear the cockpit/world sounds while I have the headset on to simulate actually sitting in the aircraft with a helmet (headset) on.

I had VAICOM Pro and all extensions working great and was loving it until last night when I started everything up and then fired up DCS. Here are the problems that seemed to come out of nowhere:

1. Chatter is no longer audible.

2. Audio command cues/beeps no longer audible.

3. Mic switch on/off effect no longer audible.

VAICOM commands are recognized and acted upon by VA and responses from ATC, etc.. come through the headset, but no audio cues or chatter present. Even when I start VA, I no longer hear the beep when the profile is initiated at startup.

All VAICOM licenses are validated, no error messages apparent in the VA console.

I performed a DCS repair, no help.

I shut down DCS, cycled chatter redirection to the headset off and back on, shut down and restarted VA, restarted DCS, no help.

When this all started, my headset was not recognized by my system for some unknown reason. Unplugging and re-plugging the headset remedied that, but then all these other problems started.

I'm hoping I'm just missing something simple being a nube at all this, so I'm attaching screen prints of configuration settings. I REALLY don't want to reinstall/reconfigure all this all over again, but if that's what you guys say I need to do, then I guess I'll have to do it. Any suggestions other than that would be most welcome! Thanks! :smilewink:

807095172_VAAudioTab.JPG.e0a2e1dfd6f701d26840a53744a440b2.JPG

186055259_VAGeneralTab.JPG.b8efdbae15388e2416a40523ef30fc69.JPG

321617191_VAHotKeysTab.JPG.1b0a8ac07069c9d5cb059eb08d417e95.JPG

211388689_VARecognitionTab.JPG.21be21582f441c2a059a6d064d7f2694.JPG

2083467894_VASystemAdvancedTab.JPG.e3cd997799cf4fc3088e5cbf829ef1fa.JPG

2136579435_VAICOMAudioTab.JPG.1493c0922df73e5554ae232c3b41cc41.JPG

754234192_VAICOMConfigTab.JPG.bd04cca431322346e55b85cb93a9640f.JPG

1261140812_VAICOMEXTab.JPG.37c97d6aaf7dbc95c04ba2a124071b1b.JPG

1040207154_VAICOMPreferencesTab.JPG.13cff2cf06b17124d8284c225c4260fc.JPG

System Specs:

Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals, SimShaker

This is my first visit to the VAICOM Pro forum, so I'm hoping you kind folks can help me.

Configuration:

DCS/FA-18C

Helios

SSA via onboard Realtek Audio Console

TrackIR

Logitech G35 headset/Logitech Gaming Software

Default audio output, eClaro 7.1 sound card/speakers

Default audio input, G35 mic

G35 selected as headset in DCS sound settings

Chatter redirected to G35 headset in VAICOM Audio Tab

I run all non-radio DCS sound to my 7.1 sound system so I can feel and hear the cockpit/world sounds while I have the headset on to simulate actually sitting in the aircraft with a helmet (headset) on.

I had VAICOM Pro and all extensions working great and was loving it until last night when I started everything up and then fired up DCS. Here are the problems that seemed to come out of nowhere:

1. Chatter is no longer audible.

2. Audio command cues/beeps no longer audible.

3. Mic switch on/off effect no longer audible.

VAICOM commands are recognized and acted upon by VA and responses from ATC, etc.. come through the headset, but no audio cues or chatter present. Even when I start VA, I no longer hear the beep when the profile is initiated at startup.

All VAICOM licenses are validated, no error messages apparent in the VA console.

I performed a DCS repair, no help.

I shut down DCS, cycled chatter redirection to the headset off and back on, shut down and restarted VA, restarted DCS, no help.

When this all started, my headset was not recognized by my system for some unknown reason. Unplugging and re-plugging the headset remedied that, but then all these other problems started.

I'm hoping I'm just missing something simple being a nube at all this, so I'm attaching screen prints of configuration settings. I REALLY don't want to reinstall/reconfigure all this all over again, but if that's what you guys say I need to do, then I guess I'll have to do it. Any suggestions other than that would be most welcome! Thanks! :smilewink:

Away from computer at the moment, but a first step might be to select Run in debug mode on the Vaicom Config tab and see if there are any additional messages given in the VA log window.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I had this happening for a while...not sure what caused it since it had been working fine for over a year of usage. I think what I did which solved it was to go into the vaicom pro subdir in the voiceattack apps folder and deleted the config dir...after making a back up copy.....after making a back up copy...did I mention about making a backup copy first?....the config dir in there then restarted voiceattack and the config screen was coming up again... Say...did I mention the part about making a backup copy first in case it doesn't work? Yeah...you should definately make a back up copy first. Can't stress that enough...LOL...Hope it helps! Heck....back up the whole damn VoiceAttack directory first!

Fargo

I9-9900, GTX1080Ti,32GRam,Pimax 5k+, HP Reverb, TM WartHog, MTG Pedals

Away from computer at the moment, but a first step might be to select Run in debug mode on the Vaicom Config tab and see if there are any additional messages given in the VA log window.

VA Console output and VAICOM log attached illustrating what I described. Commands recognized and acted upon, but no audio command cues, no chatter. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be anything in the VA console output or VAICOM log that would indicate a problem.

Edit: Attached files were created with debug on as requested.

VA Console.txt

VAICOMPRO Log.log

Edited by GeneralDynamics

System Specs:

Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals, SimShaker

VA Console output and VAICOM log attached illustrating what I described. Commands recognized and acted upon, but no audio command cues, no chatter. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be anything in the VA console output or VAICOM log that would indicate a problem.

Edit: Attached files were created with debug on as requested.

This issue comes up from time to time. I've had some issues myself when trying to have a look at it.

My feeling is that it's "a conflict" between VA and Windows. Emphasis on "feeling".

Some have had luck in VAICOM selecting different outputs, as Windows/VA seems to mess it up.

That said, maybe start a new thread?

Cheers?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Edited by MAXsenna
Forgot to quote

This issue comes up from time to time. I've had some issues myself when trying to have a look at it.

My feeling is that it's "a conflict" between VA and Windows. Emphasis on "feeling".

Some have had luck in VAICOM selecting different outputs, as Windows/VA seems to mess it up.

That said, maybe start a new thread?

Cheers?

Hey MAX, I'm inclined to agree, especially since Windows 10 now has its own mechanisms in place to redirect output on a per application basis (Settings->Sound->Advanced sound options). My gut tells me as well that it has something to do with a conflict in that area after I've tried everything I know to get the system back to operational status. Another clue is the fact that my headset was suddenly no longer recognized by Windows when this all began, indicating "something" initially happened in Windows 10 that persists even after reacquiring the connection to the headset. Based on that, I'm not even sure if a re-install of VA and VAICOM will fix it, but I don't know what else to try at this point so I'll give it a shot and cross my fingers.

Edit: Right after I wrote this, it got me thinking, maybe trying to beat Windows at its own game was indeed the issue causing the conflict. I turned off ALL redirection in VA and VAICOM, and instead relied solely upon letting Windows redirect the VA output to the headset. BOOM! Working again!

System Specs:

Good to know - i am aware that i have similar issues sometimes with Discord being overridden by windows

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Snip...

Edit: Right after I wrote this, it got me thinking, maybe trying to beat Windows at its own game was indeed the issue causing the conflict. I turned off ALL redirection in VA and VAICOM, and instead relied solely upon letting Windows redirect the VA output to the headset. BOOM! Working again!

Good find! I'll test myself next week. I guess any redirection in DCS will work as well then?

Cheers!

Good find! I'll test myself next week. I guess any redirection in DCS will work as well then?

Cheers!

Yes, the headset redirection in DCS works fine, responses from ATC etc.. come in loud and clear along with chatter and command cues from VAICOM.

System Specs:

Well, Max, the bad news is I shut everything down and unplugged my headset to do some other stuff on the PC. Got ready to fly again so I plugged them back in and started everything back up, and everything was all jacked up. Redirection for the headset in DCS was pointing to "default" and Windows had lost all its redirection settings for VA, pointing all the VA output to "default" as well. Reset the Windows and DCS redirection and Windows reverted back to default again after I started VA. Reset it again and it stayed set the second time through. There still seems to be some contention going on. Possibly related, but I haven't the foggiest idea how, my centering key bind for TrackIR was set but no longer working. Restarting TrackIR fixed it, but that's never happened before. Definitely some funky stuff going on under the hood here.

The good news is that I know how to get it working now when these issues happen, but it's just a bit of a hassle is all. Sorry my "solution" didn't live up to expectations...

System Specs:

Well, Max, the bad news is I shut everything down and unplugged my headset to do some other stuff on the PC. Got ready to fly again so I plugged them back in and started everything back up, and everything was all jacked up. Redirection for the headset in DCS was pointing to "default" and Windows had lost all its redirection settings for VA, pointing all the VA output to "default" as well. Reset the Windows and DCS redirection and Windows reverted back to default again after I started VA. Reset it again and it stayed set the second time through. There still seems to be some contention going on. Possibly related, but I haven't the foggiest idea how, my centering key bind for TrackIR was set but no longer working. Restarting TrackIR fixed it, but that's never happened before. Definitely some funky stuff going on under the hood here.

The good news is that I know how to get it working now when these issues happen, but it's just a bit of a hassle is all. Sorry my "solution" didn't live up to expectations...

Oh, don't worry. You're seeing exactly what I did before, as I remember now. And if I plugin my simple speakers, (don't have my 11.2 setup currently installed), they start to fight my USB headset. I'm gonna do some testing tomorrow.

You know the difference between admins and users?

The admin doesn't mind problems as long as there's a solution/fix/workaround. Users don't want problems at all. I'm an admin!

Cheers!

Edited by MAXsenna
Spelling

so with the airio extension i cannot get the "Radio Tune" commands to show the hell up in the editor. Im trying to train the voice recognition so i can actually use the command. How do i reset the keywords so i can start from scratch on this
Radio tune etc are command phrases and not keywords. They should appear in their own category in the VA Vaicom profile list of commands but not in the Vaicom editor list of keywords.

If you are struggling with recognition you may need to change the command phrases (I use freak instead of tune and say Oh instead of zero). There is a separate thread about this in the Vaicom sub forum.

Unlike the normal command words, try to read these phrases without micropauses

Hey All,

I am having an issue with Vaicom, when I am in game and I can say Options and the menu pops up but when I say "Take x" nothing in DCS Happens..

I have read the troubleshooting and it said to delete the Export.lua which I had done multiple times and restarted Voice Attack. I also tried pointing to the default DCS folder and it still does not want too work.

Now I can do other commands in Vaicome like Request Taxi and such, I just can not issue any "Take" Commands well I can issue them and VA responds but in DCS it does not work..

Well I am pretty sure the lua file is correct because I get the module showing up in the PTT screen and the voice commands are recognised by VA. so I am really unsure why the "Take" commands are not working in DCS..

Going to post a couple screenshots here so you can see the PTT screen and VA Accepting the commands..

Vaicom.JPG.b4a2d821d8d507702b050a715bcb2194.JPG

VA.JPG.3d1ff5f7124e08ddd5b9291fe9e6af4c.JPG

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

I did a recent Windows re-install and didn't re-download DCS, so there is no registry entry. The sim works straight off my DCS SSD.

My Viacom however, while it recognises my commands in VA, does not work in game and the aircraft does not show in the PTT screen.

I have set the custom path, registry fix and deleted the export LUA in the scripts folder but nothing works.

Is this due to lack of DCS on Windows registry?

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

Do you own the AIRIO extension and have it installed? If not, this is a known issue with this version and the workaround from @Hollywood_315 is to download the AIRIO dll and install it in the Vaicom directory (you do not need to purchase it)

Do you own the AIRIO extension and have it installed? If not, this is a known issue with this version and the workaround from @Hollywood_315 is to download the AIRIO dll and install it in the Vaicom directory (you do not need to purchase it)

Hi are you talking to me or the other poster? If your post was aimed at me I tried inserting that dll and it still did not work.

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Just tried it too. No joy.

For your issue, try doing a repair of DCS - I use Skatezilla's graphical updater to do this

Well I did a Windows Upgrade from my USB disk and now the "Take" Commands are working.

so it was basically like reinstalling windows but it keeps all my programs in place.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Edited by The_Nephilim

Well I did a Windows Upgrade from my USB disk and now the "Take" Commands are working.

so it was basically like reinstalling windows but it keeps all my programs in place.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

This can solve many issues - i had to do last week so that Windows update would work