Which Tornado do you want?

CyMPAK

I believe he was talking about the IDS version only and not the ECR variant.

The IDS is HARM capable too, although they weren't used in the Balkan wars by Germany AFAIK.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
As for which tornado do you want - lets not even raise the spectre of the ADV. pointless. I'd love an early F2 , i'm sure the blue circle radar would be a great match for the AWG 9....NOT!

Having read a book on the F3 recently I'm a bit more enthusiastic about a late one - but that would a) run into issues getting data on systems, I suspect, and b) well, there's still the tomcat. Early F3s, yeah, let's not go there :)

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

Real question though. Is the Heatblur team even going to do another module though? I remember watching the Grim Reapers video where they said that these developers are no longer going to make anymore modules for DCS.

Knowing how wrong those people are majority of the time (even in their tutorials), it would be best to ask here for some confirmation.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

Real question though. Is the Heatblur team even going to do another module though? I remember watching the Grim Reapers video where they said that these developers are no longer going to make anymore modules for DCS.

Knowing how wrong those people are majority of the time (even in their tutorials), it would be best to ask here for some confirmation.

Heatblur is going to do another module, this rumors are crap.

The GR have no clue what they're saying most of the time. Half of what they say is wrong...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Is the addition of the Tornado to the RWR, supposed to be an allusion to something? :)

:bounce:

Tornado3 small.jpg

From 12/18 Changelog:

DCS F-14B by Heatblur Simulations

Added JF-17 VID/ recognition callouts for JESTER

Added JF-17 to the RWR threat library as '17'

Added all variants of Tornado to the RWR threat library as 'TO'

Added utility kneeboard charts for radar elevation

Added utility kneeboard charts for scan bars

Updated both versions of Cage the Bear Campaign. Thank you Kaba!

Fixed Jester Navgrid Reference manual entry being stuck after first use

Possible fix for idle lockup RPM bug

Tweaked damage probabilities for the engine (the engine will take damage more consistently from direct missile hits to the aircraft)

Adjusted damage thresholds for aerodynamics/structures (the airframe, structure and flight surfaces will take damage more consistently from direct missile hits to the aircraft)

Tuned AB thrust for top speeds after stores drag improvements

Further increased full flap drag when deployed above 275 KIAS

I mostly fly U.S. planes, but I'd fly the crap out of a Tornado.

• 1 month later...

Isn't this just the most Heatblur thing you've seen? :)

There's heaps of good stuff, but check out the input of waypoints via electronic cursor, c. 6'30', programming the flight information cassette, and feeding it into the aircraft at c.11'54''

Yes please... :)

Nah, I've only just met 'er...:pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...
Listen, the ADV/F.3 started very slow, but by the end of its time it was a surprisingly capable platform, able (if used wisely) to give any Eagle a real bad day. Trust me, I know... and they know! SO...

+1 ADV/F.3

I find that hard to believe :huh:

Are you saying a Tornado can outmaneuver an Eagle in a dogfight? How should that work? The Tornado is quite maneuverable for a Bomber, but not compared to a fighter and especially not to the Eagle.

Or are you talking about BVR? Even then I can not see how a Tornado would be superior with Fox1s against an Eagle with Fox3s, unless we're talking about the early Fox1-Eagles.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Later in its life the F3 got AMRAAMs too, so between the good radar and lowered workload by having the RIO I can see it being a fair match for an Eagle in BVR. Obviously if the Eagle gets to the merge, it's over.

Oh, I wasn't aware that it got upgraded with AMRAAM. Good to know, thanks! :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

In my van - the bags of cement are in the back!

:megalol:

Tornado3 small.jpg

Later in its life the F3 got AMRAAMs too, so between the good radar and lowered workload by having the RIO I can see it being a fair match for an Eagle in BVR. Obviously if the Eagle gets to the merge, it's over.

Not quite, the F3 implementation lacked the mid course updates and didn't use the full capability of the AMRAAM, but it was better than Sky Flash. They could and did carry ALARM's though...