Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

Nash, looking at the picture and the orientation of the parts in the box, it looks like the box itself was crushed and bent the metal. I'm talking about the open box picture. If you can confirm, that's something VPC should consider when boxing the product. Methinks too much faith was put into the shippers!

The rust, is not excusable since someone along the assembly said "screw it...I'm using it anyway" I wonder if it could be threadlock of some kind leaking? If it's really rust, metal and metal, that rust is going to spread over time, no?

Hey hansangb ,

As I said earlier the metal is really robust and difficult to bend even if it is dropped from a height... say 10 feet ...

The cardboard box though was not very thick and yes they should definately look at some different or thicker material for shipping overseas...

This was my first thought...Even I believe that the rust is not excusable, Even the bubble wrap touching the Nuts had brown rust imprints on it.

However as I said ...just supporting them ... In hopes that a good deed will be passed forth to other customers and that this is not repeated again...:thumbup:

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So finally got back home last week and opened my parcel containing the Desk Mount and the Extension...

First impressions :

- Excellent quality,:thumbup:

- Robust fittings,:thumbup:

- Heavy (as in good quality of metal used),:thumbup:

- Looks exactly like on the website,:thumbup:

- Doesn't move a bit and stays solid on the table with my Warthog fitted.:thumbup:

However on closer examination I did find a few issues like the bent in the metal , the scratches and some rust on the Nuts...

I have included the pictures here...

So the first impressions weren't the last impressions Unfortunately.:cry:

I believe the VPC team needs to be extra carefull with their Quality Check process.

In my opinion the bent in such heavy and thick guage metal cannot be possible even if you throw it from a height. So it is NOT due to being mishandled in shipping or during Customs check but the failure in quality check by VPC before shipping. :mad:

I dont know how I can straighten it. Suggestions welcome... :helpsmilie:

The scratches on the paint on the extension also is due to the failure of QC as it was well packed in bubble wrap and placed in the gap between the Desk Mount. :(

The Nuts of the Desk Mount were rusted. :(

Overall I would say that these wonderful products and the customer satisfaction were ruined due to the issues with their QC. :(

This similar issue with the bend in metal was highlighted by one more simmer in this forum itself, I dont remember who.

Not to forget the already mentioned issues I had earlier with the customs which could have been easily resolved and saved me money only if Cyph3r would have not disappeared that last time...

Since this is a new company and I feel the need to support them I am not going to return these products as a goodwill gesture and as a mark of my support for them however this feedback should be taken very seriously by the VPC Team.

Having said that I honestly wish them the best of luck ... :thumbup:

j3U1Nyf

Hi Nash,

I'm really sorry to see the products arrive to you in this state :(.

To clarify the situation, you were actually one of our very earliest orders, and as discussed privately your package spent a very long time stuck in customs, hence it only getting to you now. I recall there being a lot of difficulty regarding contact with your customs office and additional checks. I want to remind anyone who has requests dealing with their order, customs etc to contact us directly via email!

I can 100% assure you that the rust, and damage on your products are because of being mishandled/sitting during the long duration it spent in customs. Something like that would never make it past our QC team in a million years. We have many customers already, who have ordered these same products and have been very happy, even all the way in the US (paging WindyTX)!

Saying that, as kind of you as it is to offer to not return the products, we absolutely will not allow you to be stuck with our products in this state. We will organise another delivery to you for replacement products and hope this time it will survive the gauntlet of customs!

If you send an email over to sale@virpil.com, we can get the process started.

For future reference I'd like to remind everyone, that if anyone receives anything they are not happy with, if you contact us directly we will always do our best to ensure your satisfaction with any order placed with us.

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thats a great customer support service.

I wish you all the best Virpil.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I must be blind, well actually I am partially blind anyway.

But I can not see any crush marks in that box I am looking at?

You can spot some areas of the box where it was pushed down. And corners are crushed in. My guess is, something heaving was on top and it exerted pressure on the cardboard. Something heavy resting on top of it for some time could bend the plate but not break the box. But I'm just guessing. Though if it was mine, I would have gone full CSI and would have looked for pressure spots, crushed ridges in the cardboard etc. :D

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Ok.my base arrived just now. Trying to find the instructions on the website?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Ok.my base arrived just now. Trying to find the instructions on the website?

Glad to hear your base has arrived! I am currently finalising the English manual. What do you want to know specifically as I could help you out right now :smartass:

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Saying that, as kind of you as it is to offer to not return the products, we absolutely will not allow you to be stuck with our products in this state. We will organise another delivery to you for replacement products and hope this time it will survive the gauntlet of customs!

:thumbup:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

If you can, could you measure from the bottom of the base to the top of the joystick? Virpil's and Warthog?

Thanks

VPC Base & Stick is about 375 mm (14.8 inches) tall;

VPC Base & Warthog Stick is about 320 mm (12.6 inches) tall.

389570250_T-50BaseampStick375mm14_8inches.thumb.jpg.0474cb3bf840093ea3f57db66877710b.jpg

396328240_T-50BaseampWarthogStick320mm12_6inches.thumb.jpg.4e5eaa11951ab2445849030b887c027b.jpg

• Like 1

I9-9900K@5000, Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Dell UP3216q

VPC MongoosT-50 CM2 Stick, Base (75+100 ext.) & Throttle, BRD KG-13B, adapted to use with Warthog connector, VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals, 2 x Saitek Quadrant,

Pimax Vision 8K Plus + 2 HTC Bases + Index Controllers + DAS

A lot of 3D printed modifications for all above.

Ultimaker 2+; Hardlight Sirius

Hi Nash,

I'm really sorry to see the products arrive to you in this state :(.

To clarify the situation, you were actually one of our very earliest orders, and as discussed privately your package spent a very long time stuck in customs, hence it only getting to you now.

I can 100% assure you that the rust, and damage on your products are because of being mishandled/sitting during the long duration it spent in customs. Something like that would never make it past our QC team in a million years. We have many customers already, who have ordered these same products and have been very happy, even all the way in the US (paging WindyTX)!

If you send an email over to sale@virpil.com, we can get the process started.

For future reference I'd like to remind everyone, that if anyone receives anything they are not happy with, if you contact us directly we will always do our best to ensure your satisfaction with any order placed with us.

Hi Cyph3r,

The parcel was shipped on the 03rd of May and was with the Indian customs on the 09th May and I got the parcel delivered to my address on the 17th June after the customs released it. My wife received it and after opening it then (17th/18th June) she had mentioned that it had some rust on it.

Since I just returned home last weekend (29th Jul) after being away on some office project work I opened it personally and found it to be true.

I honestly don't know where actually the damage happened but by the physical looks of the metal and by the rust imprints on the bubble wrap I do not think it would be the customs mis-handelling it (although thats what even I thought at first). But the bubble wrap and the Virpil tape on it was intact as you can see from the pictures so they would not have opened the bubble wrapped products inside the cardboard box for customs checking.

Anyways whats done is done. Thanks for offerring the return and replacement. If at all I change my mind about returns then I will pm/mail you.

In future please do look at more robust and rugged packaging for shipping internationally.

Also as I mentioned before only the Nuts and Bolts are rusted so you might want to look at using a non-rusty material for Nuts and Bolts for all your future orders. If you want I can email you more pictures for your perusal.

Wish you all the Best for all your future ventures... :) And as a member of Founders Club I look forward for more exciting products from you guys...

And I did forget to thank you for that spare cable you sent for the extension on my request. Silly me ...:doh:

So Thank you for that as well... :thumbup:

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

Wait till you receive the Desk mount and Extensions which are metal parts if you have ordered any... Please keep us updated...

I received Extensions some time ago with T-50 Stick; it also don't have any noticeable damages.

I don't ordered the Desk Mount.

I9-9900K@5000, Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Dell UP3216q

VPC MongoosT-50 CM2 Stick, Base (75+100 ext.) & Throttle, BRD KG-13B, adapted to use with Warthog connector, VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals, 2 x Saitek Quadrant,

Pimax Vision 8K Plus + 2 HTC Bases + Index Controllers + DAS

A lot of 3D printed modifications for all above.

Ultimaker 2+; Hardlight Sirius

Hi Cyph3r,

The parcel was shipped on the 03rd of May and was with the Indian customs on the 09th May and I got the parcel delivered to my address on the 17th June after the customs released it. My wife received it and after opening it then (17th/18th June) she had mentioned that it had some rust on it.

Since I just returned home last weekend (29th Jul) after being away on some office project work I opened it personally and found it to be true.

I honestly don't know where actually the damage happened but by the physical looks of the metal and by the rust imprints on the bubble wrap I do not think it would be the customs mis-handelling it (although thats what even I thought at first). But the bubble wrap and the Virpil tape on it was intact as you can see from the pictures so they would not have opened the bubble wrapped products inside the cardboard box for customs checking.

Anyways whats done is done. Thanks for offerring the return and replacement. If at all I change my mind about returns then I will pm/mail you.

In future please do look at more robust and rugged packaging for shipping internationally.

Also as I mentioned before only the Nuts and Bolts are rusted so you might want to look at using a non-rusty material for Nuts and Bolts for all your future orders. If you want I can email you more pictures for your perusal.

Wish you all the Best for all your future ventures... :) And as a member of Founders Club I look forward for more exciting products from you guys...

And I did forget to thank you for that spare cable you sent for the extension on my request. Silly me ...:doh:

So Thank you for that as well... :thumbup:

Ah that is still much longer than we'd like for something to be banging around in customs!

But I can indeed promise you the products would not have left our hands in that shape. Well I hope you change your mind about receiving the replacement products as it is a shame to use them in that state.

Thank you for the well wishes though, and we hope to see you return to us for future products!

Also no problem about the spare extension cable :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok need to find the cam change instructions as the one it ships with is too hard. I adjusted the spring tensions but over did roll so it had a slack bit in the middle. The upside was that it was still reading the stick movement in the slack zone. I couldnt get the brake to act as an axis bit I think I read somewhere it needs a software update.

As to delivery I got my notification on the 5th and its here now. I live close to dfw which helps. I have had no snags with anything, I actually ordered a third desk mount as I liked the first 2 so much.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

So here is a quick photos 30cm Sahaj extension from my Warthog days.

I will get some serious tests done over the weekend but after an hour it feels good but as mentioned the shipped Cam is pretty hard.04c513a9d11c84b2c682624467db73bd.jpg9b967da1c7d4674d8577f880039cacaa.jpg44db340e1a881afbb614c9dfe322ed39.jpg

GTX 1080 Has its uses

VPC Base & Stick is about 375 mm (14.8 inches) tall;

VPC Base & Warthog Stick is about 320 mm (12.6 inches) tall.

Awesome! Thank you so much.

:thumbup:

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I ordered 4/14

But it was modified that day as I added the deskmount. I need to look again for the exact date of the original order.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Hey all,

I've attached a quick start guide to help those out who have their VPC MongoosT-50 Bases now. In the near future we'll have an in-depth user manual available!

VPC MongoosT-50 BASE Quick Start - ENG1.0.pdf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One quick question what springs and cams does it ship with.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

One quick question what springs and cams does it ship with.

It comes preinstalled with the hard center cams and medium strength springs!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anyone swapped the cams yet.

I have my Roll cam swapped but the Pitch Cam will not come out and I have tried pretty forcefully worried about breaking the whole dam thing.

Ok its a pain in the Arse but to do it take a small torx put it in the screw hole be careful not to get into the threads of the mount and then lever the thing out against the Cam Gymbal mount.

Also watch the logic board it has spacer washer and nut between it and the side to stop it getting bent when you tighten it. took me 2 hours to work through it all still it works.

Cheers

Windy

Edited by WindyTX

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Anyone swapped the cams yet.

You may have to give us a few days. You might well be the first in an English speaking country to have received your Mongoose LOL. I am envious!

Mine still shows just leaving the Export office on the 10th, no updates since. I assumed it is en-route to me somewhere in betwixt and between.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Just got my T-50 base. Changed the cams/springs to the soft center/light springs, then mounted everything up to try it out. Unfortunately I was met with the below screen on the control panel. None of the buttons respond. The axes work just fine, though.

Side note, the cam changing process, while a pain, wouldn't be so bad, except the milling of the parts seems like it might be too tight. I had a real hard time getting the pitch cam to seat all the way so the screw holes would line up. I had to press it in place using the bearing arm assembly.

Edit: Turns out it was the PS2 connector. I changed to a different one, and now everything is working. I'll leave the rest of the post as is, in case someone has the same problem.

1645765716_T-50ControlPanel.jpg.a59e1058c3e61686560f308ce8eb9b8a.jpg

Edited by heloguy

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1