fire cannon, button

Lenux

Is maybe a way to have those two controls on the same ( trigger ) button, guys ?

I tried different combinations, but couldn't make it work.

And by the way, is there a mod for Bf 109 K-4 with " clear glass / HUD " for DCS 2.1.1 ?

Thank you

1405658446_bf109.jpg.dbe1279fbcb9bc1bf5787bda85eb49c0.jpg

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

On the real Bf-109 the stick had a trigger for the machine gun, and a button for the cannon. So if you want to be realistick, you should use the same arrangement. On the other hand, if you don't care about realism, if your stick has a 2-stage trigger, like the TM Warthog and the VPC T-50, then you can assign the MG to the first stage and the cannon to the second trigger stage. Then when you pull the trigger all the way, both MG and cannon will fire at the same time.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Or if joystick is not Warthog/Cougar, T50 or X-52 with dual stage trigger, use Joy2key and set joy trigger to press the keys needed for MG and Cannon - maybe need remove the modifier key for "Fire Cannon/Rockets" - simultaneous.

BTW - Since MG bullets and cannon shells has different weight, speed and ballistic trajectories, this may waste ammo outside of convergence distance. :D

Edited by Sokol1_br

I'll have to give it a try with this software, Joy2Key, never used it before

Thank you

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• 3 weeks later...

if you want to have the gun and machine guns on the trigger set a "switch" on a stick key. You can assign a switch or a modifier to give different functions to your keys. You should read the guide, they are down when you open the section of the keys.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]My dream: DCS Tornado

Oreste

I can be missing some detail, but a modifier allow, for example:

Press trigger = fire MG.

Press trigger + modifier button = fire Cannon

A "switch" will allow the same, just without need to hold the modifier button, just press once for 'toggle" the trigger mode.

I use "switch" for use trigger as wheel brake in Spitfire, besides the usual MG. I use ScrkLck key as 'switch' due their LED.

But, none of this modifier options allow fire Cannon and MG simultaneous (in Bf 109) with ONE button press - OP premise, and are using two joy button like the actual (and real) Bf 109 configuration require - configuration that is more flexible because allow fire MG only, cannon only or both, by press one or other button or the two simultaneous, so if is need use two joy' buttons, better just use the default configuration.

Edited by Sokol1_br