Multiplayer crashing when in Airplane selection

Rhinozherous

Hello!

Now I have a new PC (see signature) and I thought it is capable of running DCS on Multiplayer. In singleplayer I have no problems even on nice settings. But when I login onto a server it often crashes when I click somewhere in the Airplane selection. I am not even inside the sim... so I ask myself if my specs are really to low? ^^

Or is this just a bugy Multiplayer with serious performance problems?

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Disregard... I just tried to connect to the buddyspike server. I think there is just a ton of things to load, so waiting is the solution. On another server with less traffic I have no problems,

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

There are indeed a ton of things to load. When you reach the role select screen, you still aren't finished yet and the program will display a "not responding" message if you start clicking around. Even though this message appears, the program has not actually crashed most of the time. If you give it a couple minutes usually you'll be good to go.

It is not at all uncommon for it to literally take 5+ minutes to load extremely complicated missions such as Blue Flag, even from an SSD, especially the first time you enter the server. Try to wait until you can scroll the mouse wheel in the role select screen and have the menu move without lag before picking a slot.

Once you pick a slot and hit fly, expect another minute or so for the cockpit of the aircraft to load in. Once it finally finishes loading and you're sitting in the jet, things should be fairly smooth. You have a perfectly acceptable PC to run DCS, even with relatively high settings.

32GB of RAM isn't a bad idea, but it probably isn't strictly necessary (and you'll still spend quite a bit of time loading.)