Sensor Control Switch Depress ?

vctpil

Hi,

I have the F/A-18 stick and I was wondering what was the function of the Sensor Control Switch Depress ?

I didn't find the answer on the manual.

Thanks,

Vincent

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

My bad, thought of the wrong button.

I have yet to find the real function for the sensor control switch depress. I mapped that to something else on my hotas.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

It's used to command IFF interrogation on a radar contact under the TDC or locked in STT. This works in DCS right now. AFAIK it also does something in the FLIR page, but I don't remember what and it's not implemented in DCS right now anyway, probably to come later.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

It's used to command IFF interrogation on a radar contact under the TDC or locked in STT. This works in DCS right now. AFAIK it also does something in the FLIR page, but I don't remember what and it's not implemented in DCS right now anyway, probably to come later.

Correct, and when the TGP screen is SOI, sensor control switch depress enters memory mode.

Cheers,

Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria