[NO BUG] EZ 42 gunsight issue

Scoll

Tested on map Caucasus and Normandy, solo or MP, Gunsight's gyro power switch "On", Gunsight ballistic adjustment unit Rotary "I" set to 100 (or 90 or whatever) and Target wingspan knob set to 11.2 and wait for 1.5 minute,

twisting grip for range gives this (no gravity drop, under 700m all bullets go above target, and beyond 700m : under target ) :

attachment.php?attachmentid=201727&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1547061575

attachment.php?attachmentid=201728&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1547061575

attachment.php?attachmentid=201729&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1547061575

attachment.php?attachmentid=201730&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1547061595

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 weeks later...

i will post other track with ground target if needed, but you can see in this track that the aim circle center does not go up or down whatever target distance, all bullets goes in the upper half circle (till 700- 800m) and some above.

Fw190-Aim.thumb.gif.0a559a0f74ceef497d092d5cb7eef479.gif

Edited by Scoll

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

At what recognitoin stage is ED on this topic right now.

Most my air-air shooting is withing 100m-200m calibration for 800m is a bit too far

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Yes, thats why I ask before about gun convergence. It's something we should be able to modify for almost each plane. But It's true that P51D and Fw 190D had preset convergence to match with their gyro gunsight.

So normally those are fixed.

But hope to see that option coming for Spitfire, Fw 190A, Bf 109 and I16.

Hope to see it working like Cliffs of Dover with the ability to choose the convergence of each gun. As Pierre Clostermann explained about this, some pilot have different gun convergence for their gun to spread munition in a larger area (as no one could really say where they where shooting).

Yes, thats why I ask before about gun convergence. It's something we should be able to modify for almost each plane. But It's true that P51D and Fw 190D had preset convergence to match with their gyro gunsight.

So normally those are fixed.

But hope to see that option coming for Spitfire, Fw 190A, Bf 109 and I16.

Hope to see it working like Cliffs of Dover with the ability to choose the convergence of each gun. As Pierre Clostermann explained about this, some pilot have different gun convergence for their gun to spread munition in a larger area (as no one could really say where they where shooting).

my question is about gun sight's reticle is it suposed to move up and down when cranking range dial or not.

I realy dont mind 700m coverage as soon as gun sight's reticle will show proper elevation for set range

Ability to set gun coverage range is for difrent topic, nothing to do with gun sight

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I misunderstand ^^

In fact, the EZ 42 gunsight is set "know" the trajectory of the bullet for a good convergence (700m).

If you set the EZ 42 gunsight to 200m, it should center on the point where the bullet go at 200m. So yes, it should move up or down when you change the distance. Then the gyro "take care of the movement of the plane". When at rest, we should see the sight going up and down following the "bullet course". That what missing now. The sight is centered to ~700 m (convergence point). If you modify sight distance, the circle change size but not his center as it should.

That's the correction requested.

As a test, you can center a spit at ~100m distance in the sight. You will have "all" your bullet passing just over it.You have to shoot a little over the center of the cross.

I misunderstand ^^

In fact, the EZ 42 gunsight is set "know" the trajectory of the bullet for a good convergence (700m).

If you set the EZ 42 gunsight to 200m, it should center on the point where the bullet go at 200m. So yes, it should move up or down when you change the distance. Then the gyro "take care of the movement of the plane". When at rest, we should see the sight going up and down following the "bullet course". That what missing now. The sight is centered to ~700 m (convergence point). If you modify sight distance, the circle change size but not his center as it should.

That's the correction requested.

As a test, you can center a spit at ~100m distance in the sight. You will have "all" your bullet passing just over it.You have to shoot a little over the center of the cross.

thanks for answer, So i would say that i can get used to it after some practise but would be great if this feature would work :)

thanks for answer, So i would say that i can get used to it after some practise but would be great if this feature would work :)

With practice I'm used to it now but when attacking from above at high speed it can became hard to correct because of you trajectory and to correct because of the bug. As the plane is fast, you don't have lot of time to do. But yes you can be used to :p

• 3 months later...