DCS 2.5 Mission 12

derodo

Hi there. First, let me say the campaign is just awesome. Best one I've ever played so far (I already said that in other posts, just wanted to stress it even more :)).

Ayway, to the point. I've played mission 12 two times now, and it kind of got stuck both times for different reasons.

The first time, Claw started to do its thing and I got the call for intercepting the bandits. I manged to kill them both, but I think one of the phantoms was shot down. I got a new radio message telling me everything was OK, and to anchor again with Claw. I got there, started circling around Claw and...nothing else happened. I was monitoring both main and element channels. My wingman reported bingo and I just quit and restarted.

The second time, Fang started the SEAD strike. Everything was going OK. The last thing they reported was they took out a tunguska. And then, silence...Claw kept circling around WP3 forever. No more radio calls (again, I was monitoring both main and element channels).

Am I doing something wrong? Or maybe there's some kind of bug in 2.5?

Ok, thanks for being so supportive and fast!

As for the Claw bug, I think they did their did their job fine; it was just that AFTER that, they kind of kept circling around waiting for something...maybe me? I don't know; I went back and rejoined with them, but they never resumed the mission.

To be honest, I'm not really sure they did their job; I know they started pushing towards their target, but don't remember hearing any calls about the result (I was just busy with the bandits, so I might have missed that).

Is there any link to download the fixed mission? Or maybe I should wait for an upcoming update.

By the way (and maybe this should go in a different thread), it would’ve been nice to have the lat/long coordinates of the starting parking spot on the briefing.

I’d swear I saw them in a youtube video of a guy that was playing mission 11; in the briefing slide showing the parking spots marked for departure and arrival. But I can’t see them in my briefing.

I’m just about to finish de campaign, so it doesn’t really matter that much now. But it may come handy for future players.

Maybe they are there and I’m just blind (that wouldn’t be surprising :).

By the way (and maybe this should go in a different thread), it would’ve been nice to have the lat/long coordinates of the starting parking spot on the briefing.

I’d swear I saw them in a youtube video of a guy that was playing mission 11; in the briefing slide showing the parking spots marked for departure and arrival. But I can’t see them in my briefing.

I’m just about to finish de campaign, so it doesn’t really matter that much now. But it may come handy for future players.

Maybe they are there and I’m just blind (that wouldn’t be surprising :).

It's in the default M2000C kneeboard pages, not in the ones that comes with the campaign. Those pages are always there when you take a M2000C.

Edit from above snipe : They are available in the campaign specific pages as well as in the M2000C specific pages.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Downloaded and tried the latest version of the mission yesterday (file dated February 22nd), but Claw is still stuck somehow.

I get to the point where we take out the bandits; Zeus says we stay with Claw (which has already started the attack). I get back to them, and they keep circling around WP5. It seems they're doing their attack run; I see one of them dive, but the weapons are not released (?!).

I can clearly see previous runs were successful, as the tunnel entrace has some craters and quite a few vehicles smoking; but there are still 2 tanks there alive. It seems claw is trying to take them out but they can't...so they keep circling around and doing "something" to no effect.

I tried taking them out myself, got a few hits but the tanks are just too strong for my guns I guess.

There were only two of them left, by the way (Claw 4-1, and Claw 4-4); the bandits took two of them out before we could even get close enough. Maybe that's why they're stuck somehow?

The mission progression is not linked with the units on the ground being destroyed but just bombs hitting the target. In my tests Claw did drop their ordnance and then just moved ot next waypoint, so the behaviour you experienced is rather weird. You may be right that they are trying to engage remaining targets, which would mean there is a bug in ROE setting. I’ll play with it some more, thanks for reporting back ans your patience with this.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Downloaded and tried the latest version of the mission yesterday (file dated February 22nd), but Claw is still stuck somehow.

I get to the point where we take out the bandits; Zeus says we stay with Claw (which has already started the attack). I get back to them, and they keep circling around WP5. It seems they're doing their attack run; I see one of them dive, but the weapons are not released (?!).

I can clearly see previous runs were successful, as the tunnel entrace has some craters and quite a few vehicles smoking; but there are still 2 tanks there alive. It seems claw is trying to take them out but they can't...so they keep circling around and doing "something" to no effect.

I tried taking them out myself, got a few hits but the tanks are just too strong for my guns I guess.

There were only two of them left, by the way (Claw 4-1, and Claw 4-4); the bandits took two of them out before we could even get close enough. Maybe that's why they're stuck somehow?

Same here !

ROG Maximus XI Hero / i9-9900k @5Ghz / 32Gb DDR4 @3200Mhz / Samsung 960 Pro M.2 / RTX2080ti / Vive Pro / ROG 3440x1440

I will try to update it tonight guys!

*** UPDATE ***

OK, I've updated the triggers making sure that the game sees the bombs on Roki tunnel entrance as enough to fire flag 201, which tells Claw to stop orbiting (after the BDA).

All works fine on my end. I've also made Claw attack the Roki entrance itself and not the units next to it, which makes more sense I guess.. let me know if all is fine!

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 2 months later...
Hi there. First, let me say the campaign is just awesome. Best one I've ever played so far (I already said that in other posts, just wanted to stress it even more :)).

Ayway, to the point. I've played mission 12 two times now, and it kind of got stuck both times for different reasons.

The first time, Claw started to do its thing and I got the call for intercepting the bandits. I manged to kill them both, but I think one of the phantoms was shot down. I got a new radio message telling me everything was OK, and to anchor again with Claw. I got there, started circling around Claw and...nothing else happened. I was monitoring both main and element channels. My wingman reported bingo and I just quit and restarted.

The second time, Fang started the SEAD strike. Everything was going OK. The last thing they reported was they took out a tunguska. And then, silence...Claw kept circling around WP3 forever. No more radio calls (again, I was monitoring both main and element channels).

Am I doing something wrong? Or maybe there's some kind of bug in 2.5?

Hi i seem to have the same issue....(the first one)

I am called to intercept mig31....they manage to hit some of the tornadoes before i and the wingman (which don't obey to orders) manage to hit both...

then the remaining tornado deploy its bombs and start to circling at the infinite (i arrived to bing and had to RTB)...

Any idea on what is wrong?

I am flying the campaign using release version without mods

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Hey! No idea what is wrong. I tested the mission yesterday and all worked very well... you say you are on release, so not on Open Beta?
I have both...but since the radio bugs in the open beta i am using only the release version...

The tornado did bomb the target and after the air control told to rtb and me to stay close on the route back the Tornado started circling and i had not any more radio communication

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png