I think we should pay for the new CAUCASUS????

Psicodreamics

I want to ask you this: Should we pay for the new upcoming Caucasus???. I think it's incredible!!!! For large, It will be the best theater in DCS World. I'm going to explain my oppinion of that question: ED announced Caucasus 2.5 will be free (great for old customers wow) but I think Nevada could be the starting theater for NEW players in 2018. Thinking with logic, Nevada it's only a TRAINING theater and Caucasus is a huge WAR / OPERATIONS map. So beginners will be training first in Nevada for free improving and updating their skills and then they will decide to jump to a paid war operations map like CAUCASUS, NORMANDY or SoH. Sincerely ED is going to suffer risk of no theater sales if new customers get Caucasus first for free. A solution to reward old players and customers could be the possibility of getting Caucasus for free if they bought Nevada or Normandy before 2018. It's only my oppinion and I'm NOT a staff member of ED ha ha.

Edited by BIGNEWY
title
  • Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Keep informed about DCS World news at: ALLIED FLYING FORCE

CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.00 Ghz / Gigabyte Z170X Gaming Motherboard / Memory 32GB DDR4 / Graphic Card Asus GTX1080 Turbo/ S.O. Win 10 Pro 64bits /

Considering we're sharing opinions, well, here's mine, with a twist or two to provide a more direct counterpoint. Forgive the cynicism, but I might as well make my points clear.

A map that I've personally been flying on for over a decade, waiting for an update to modern standards, would be revoked from my ownership. To add insult to injury, I'd have to pay to get it back, paying likely 40 USD or above judging by how the rest of the maps are priced. All to get some desert map for free, one I never asked for.

That's a very odd line of logic.

it's only a TRAINING theater and Caucasus is a huge WAR / OPERATIONS map.

Not true. This is an alternate universe. Anything could happen in either theater. You could do anything you wanted in the mission editor, regardless of the map, provided you used your imagination. I have yet to find a combat simulation worth it's salt that makes you pay for the combat.

Sincerely ED is going to suffer risk of no theater sales if new customers get Caucasus first for free.

ED would suffer in the realm of sales across the board if all you could initially do was train yourself. You know what the lot of newbies would say to that? "Bo-o-o-ring." They'd think it was a waste of their time, spending an hour or two to install DCS only to find all they have are training missions. If it was advertised that you started out training only until you paid, then they might as well just close their browser tab and forget about downloading DCS.

So customers who bought NEVADA or NORMANDY before 2018 could download Caucasus for free.

Your entire determining factor of new vs. old players is whether or not they have ever bought the two maps that are DLC. Now, don't get me wrong when I say this, but most customers don't spend their money on maps just to support Eagle Dynamics. They do it because they want to fly in those maps. Just because I only got the urge to fly in Normandy or Nevada post-2017 doesn't mean I should be punished by having to pull upwards of 40 dollars out of my bank account to get the one theater I initially wanted to fly in back. This is mostly a "me" problem, but there's also the factor of us who have little HDD/SSD space and would not be able to download a different version of DCS at this time.

Again, don't worry about me being any sort of angry at your post. I'm just making myself clear as can be.

Edited by Harpoon

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

A map that I've personally been flying on for over a decade, waiting for an update to modern standards, would be revoked from my ownership.

I think ED is not obligated to give away the new updated Caucasus. they have been taken a lot of work on it and I think all works in the world must be paid. Nevertheless don't worry. they said the 1.5 version will be only discontinued but you could continue playing on this free version.

You know what the lot of newbies would say to that? "Bo-o-o-ring."

Nevada... Booring???? ha ha. I disagree, Release a bunch of interesting and immersive campaigns and people will enjoy it a lot. Dogfights with Agressors booring???? Don't make me laugh.

customers don't spend their money on maps just to support Eagle Dynamics. They do it because they want to fly in those maps.

I agree. If you want to fly in a new updated map like Caucasus, you should pay for it. This is like if someone give me away a Ferrari. Then I don't want to buy another car, and less if I only have the possibility of buying a new Ford or a new Toyota. the logic is to give away the Ford or the Toyota and pay for the Ferrari, don't you???

Again, don't worry about me being any sort of angry at your post. I'm just making myself clear as can be.

Don't worry, at last we are in the same ship :thumbup:

Edited by Psicodreamics

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Keep informed about DCS World news at: ALLIED FLYING FORCE

CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.00 Ghz / Gigabyte Z170X Gaming Motherboard / Memory 32GB DDR4 / Graphic Card Asus GTX1080 Turbo/ S.O. Win 10 Pro 64bits /

I think the 2 of you got into the Christmas peyote.

• Like 1

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I want to ask you this: Should we pay for the new upcoming Caucasus???. I think it's incredible!!!! For large, It will be the best theater in DCS World. I'm going to explain my oppinion of that question: ED announced Caucasus 2.5 will be free (great for old customers wow) but I think Nevada could be the starting theater for NEW players in 2018. Thinking with logic, Nevada it's only a TRAINING theater and Caucasus is a huge WAR / OPERATIONS map. So beginners will be training first in Nevada for free improving and updating their skills and then they will decide to jump to a paid war operations map like CAUCASUS, NORMANDY or SoH. Sincerely ED is going to suffer risk of no theater sales if new customers get Caucasus first for free. A solution to reward old players and customers could be the possibility of getting Caucasus for free if they bought Nevada or Normandy before 2018. It's only my oppinion and I'm NOT a staff member of ED ha ha.

I'm sorry to say that I hardly would pay for anything running on something as buggy and unstable as DCS is today. There is not one stable version left, so buying anything at all is a waste of money. You can repost this comment when they have something actually working properly.

• Like 2

Psicodreamics, if you have money you'd like to throw at ED, then just do yourself a favour and make a second account, buying all the maps and modules for it.

We, regular customers, expect the Caucasus map free of charge, as it is the default operations theater in an otherwise free environment. Remember, DCS World as a "shell" is supposed to be free. It's the modules that generate revenue.

Don't forget the Hormuz theater. It will be a paid one and people would definately want it. Caucasus is a good showcase of what to expect from the paid maps. And by the way. NTTR is great. And has a few fun campaigns already. It's the AI that somewhat spoils the fun though.

• Like 1

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

The fact that the Caucasus map is free is what brings new players into the game. If there were no free maps, I suppose it would bee too daunting to take the leap of faith and invest in DCS. Also, imagine how much it wold hurt multiplayer. There are plenty of modules you can buy if you want to support the devs for the fantastic work they are doing on the new Caucasus map.

+1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

He did offer a suggestion for a free map Reflected......

I don't really care what ED does as long as my gameplay experience is what it has been to date. Free map, buy a map, whatever, as long as I can ball out in my Huey on ops then yeehaw. If ED wants to charge me for an update though it had better be flawless. That's my only "expectation", fix whatever is wrong with Normandy and applied it to the new Cauc map so CA works properly. Aside from asking that stuff work properly if I'm to spend money on something I don't really lean one way or the other, but if my money goes towards other sweet modules like Hornet or whatever helicopter ED hinted at working on then yes please, take my money.

• ED Team

Please bare in mind Caucasus update WILL be free.

The OP is just expressing his opinion :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It probably makes better business sense to give it away to be honest. I probably wouldn't be playing DCS if they hadn't offered the free teaser package. I have since gone on to spend an amount of money I am scared to total up on this wonderful sim world. I doubt I'm the only one as it is almost impossible to describe how good DCS is without getting someone to try it themselves.

Keep up the good work ED and thanks for the free new map. I eagerly await every new release and would no doubt throw money at DCS Ironing Board if it were to be released. :thumbup:

• ED Team
The fact that the Caucasus map is free is what brings new players into the game. If there were no free maps, I suppose it would bee too daunting to take the leap of faith and invest in DCS. Also, imagine how much it wold hurt multiplayer. There are plenty of modules you can buy if you want to support the devs for the fantastic work they are doing on the new Caucasus map.

If there was no free maps, DCS World free core and two aircraft wouldn't work very well. ED wants it to reflect the quality you can expect from paid terrain content, its needed to be brought to similar levels.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Sorry but I see this thread as some kind of troll. Nothing els.

ED know what they are doing and it works great.

The free map and the 2 free aircraft was what made me go into DCS. in advance I had the KA-50 and the A10 C. Now I have all the modules.

When the new Caucasus is coming out people would be amazed and have a great showcase. Slowly new pilots will start to buy some aircrafts. I don´t believe that would happen if it was Nevada. Honestly I don´t think Nevada is not that great a showcase for new pilots.

Have a nice day

Intel I7 4770K, Evga 1080 FE, win10 64Pro, 32GB ram, TracIR 5, Hotas Warthog, MFD Cougar x2, MFG Crosswind

I would gladly pay, simply because I get hours upon hours of enjoyment out of DCS modules, whether its maps or modules; however, since that's not an option with the 2.5 Caucasus, I'll continue to buy DCS content left-and-right to support ED.

I cannot wait to buy campaigns intended for the Caucasus theatre, when the 2.5 merge goes live (I haven't been using the 1.5.x branch in a long time, so I might have missed some otherwise good campaigns for the Caucasus).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com