Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

really great news:thumbup: looking forward to this.......

happy days ahead......;-)

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

well, i told my guys that this will happen at one point, but i didnt expect it happen already. i always said it would be insane to not include parts of southern england, as there would be so much potential lost, so i was convinced it will happen...that we already see it included is a good surprise though...

i wonder, if all of southern england is low res, or if there are already more detailed areas...anyway, im really looking forward to fight spits over the channel yet another time! great memories, and much to look forward to!lets hope they meet their deadline, Q1. :thumbup:

EDIT: thinking about it,....i know its not me to decide, but still i think it would be time for some streams of the map by wags like he did with nevada ;)

Edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed

Well, Matt could make a livestream showing the map, actually that makes a lot of sense! And of course, it would be really nice to see this great map with those amazing effects.

Do you guys remember of the NTTR? When it was about to be released? Matt did a few livestreams..

We already have Normandy footage, which makes me think the Normandy module isn't that far away from being shown in a livestream, don't you think?

• ED Team
Not sure if you guys can answer this question, maybe using the google earth, but, Racoon,

What's the distance between Chailey and Maupertus? Just to have a better idea of how far the coasts are from each other.

Why don't you use Google map? It has measure distance tool.

Average distance between UK airfields and Normandy beaches - 170km

hey racoon.. is the avranches area modelled to any extent on the map? i am wondering if we will be able to build missions out around Operation Luttich between Avranchess and Mortain.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

• ED Team
Hope you have this one also Racoon ;)

https://afterthebattle.com/store/index.php?id_product=202&controller=product

Keep up the exemplary work!

I think they are only doing a limited number of airfields initially. That is why some are missing.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team
Well, Matt could make a livestream showing the map, actually that makes a lot of sense! And of course, it would be really nice to see this great map with those amazing effects.

Do you guys remember of the NTTR? When it was about to be released? Matt did a few livestreams..

We already have Normandy footage, which makes me think the Normandy module isn't that far away from being shown in a livestream, don't you think?

I am sure he might do something closer to release, maybe after pre-sale, but not till its a little closer to release for sure.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Nice, but also painful to watch someone else have fun with the map while I wait.;)

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Calm down girls! I hope this isn't 'fake news' :)

I haven't checked on any of the fields shown but if some are the temporary fields established after the landings and abandoned shortly afterwards, perhaps they should be no more than markers on the map and mission builders have to add them as grass airfields as their Overlord campaigns develop. Might save some dev time. I'm sure it wouldn't be long before somone creates 'mission templates' for stages of the campaign with the appropriate grass field in place.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Calm down girls! I hope this isn't 'fake news' :)

I haven't checked on any of the fields shown but if some are the temporary fields established after the landings and abandoned shortly afterwards, perhaps they should be no more than markers on the map and mission builders have to add them as grass airfields as their Overlord campaigns develop. Might save some dev time. I'm sure it wouldn't be long before somone creates 'mission templates' for stages of the campaign with the appropriate grass field in place.

Doesn't seem fake - easy to find info on these airfields (~2 minutes of looking below).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Needs_Oar_Point

http://www.bognor.co.uk/lifestyle/nostalgia/down-memory-lane-airfields-built-just-for-d-day-1-4026025

BTW, your pantyhose is tucked into your skirt...:)

-Nick

• ED Team
hey racoon.. is the avranches area modelled to any extent on the map? i am wondering if we will be able to build missions out around Operation Luttich between Avranchess and Mortain.

This area within the map, but on very edge of it. Means not very detailed.

Doesn't seem fake - easy to find info on these airfields (~2 minutes of looking below).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Needs_Oar_Point

http://www.bognor.co.uk/lifestyle/nostalgia/down-memory-lane-airfields-built-just-for-d-day-1-4026025

BTW, your pantyhose is tucked into your skirt...:)

-Nick

Nick, I was really talking about the airfields on the Normandy part of the map. There were very many temporary grass (dust!) fields and it seems a waste of the devs valuable time hard coding them all into the map when we could do that with 'Grass Airfield' in ME depending on the stage of Overlord being modelled.

BTW thanks, I forgot to check in the mirror. Trust you to look!

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

I can assure you that both needs Oar Point and Bognor were not simply grass fields Klem; temporary yes, but with large areas of PSP, SMT or Bar and Rod laid down to stabilise surfaces for runways, taxiways and dispersals plus the bare essential infrastructure required for the logistics supporting a wing or group operation, they were far from meadows with some grass cut; more like a pop-up take anywhere version of a class A-airfield!

The weights of the aircraft involved at this stage of the war (Jugs, Typhoons and Mustangs in particular) particularly when fully fuelled and loaded with heavy ground attack ordinance would preclude ops from simple green field sites due to the risk of bogging down.

Ultimately I would hope for a release with at least a partial representation of at least some of these airfields with an aim to include most if not all at a later date.

I can assure you that both needs Oar Point and Bognor were not simply grass fields Klem; temporary yes, but with large areas of PSP, SMT or Bar and Rod laid down to stabilise surfaces for runways, taxiways and dispersals plus the bare essential infrastructure required for the logistics supporting a wing or group operation, they were far from meadows with some grass cut; more like a pop-up take anywhere version of a class A-airfield!

The weights of the aircraft involved at this stage of the war (Jugs, Typhoons and Mustangs in particular) particularly when fully fuelled and loaded with heavy ground attack ordinance would preclude ops from simple green field sites due to the risk of bogging down.

Ultimately I would hope for a release with at least a partial representation of at least some of these airfields with an aim to include most if not all at a later date.

I think you're missing my point. I am talking about the temporary fields in Normandy.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'