Red Flag - Aggressor PvP February

104th_Maverick

Thx for IronMike, Manawar and Tiger for their streaming. It was very funny to look for the event from another point of view.

Иногда лучше сказать: «Я не знаю», чем пытаться что-то донести до дурака.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another awesome Red Flag! Looking forward to watching the stream.

Thanks to 104th again for hosting this event and special mention should go to Bushmanni who put together an excellent plan and acted as the "General." Definitely corrected many of the lessons learned from 1st Red Flag.

This was my first Red Flag... and just surviving it with 3 ground killings confirmed and escaping in the end from the enemy almost scratching with the Hog belly in the Nevada desert was great!

Thanks to the 104th, for all the organization in this event, hope to see you all on the next time!

Thanks for all the blue side for doing exellent job executing the plan even if we were a bit slow at the beginning. If I'm commander in the future I try to streamline the briefing and the plan more but this was the best I could do this time. I think the fundamentals of the plan were pretty good but the realisation of it still needs a bit work. Strikers did a great job also taking out the targets.

Aggressors put up a really tough fight despite inferior numbers and we really had to fight for the control of the air with all we got. Good Fight! S!

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

Thanks for all the blue side for doing exellent job executing the plan even if we were a bit slow at the beginning. If I'm commander in the future I try to streamline the briefing and the plan more but this was the best I could do this time. I think the fundamentals of the plan were pretty good but the realisation of it still needs a bit work. Strikers did a great job also taking out the targets.

Aggressors put up a really tough fight despite inferior numbers and we really had to fight for the control of the air with all we got. Good Fight! S!

Na man you did good wrote it up well and applied it the best you could first engagement was always going to be a cluster it got more organised as it went on.

Another awesome Red Flag! Looking forward to watching the stream.

Thanks to 104th again for hosting this event and special mention should go to Bushmanni who put together an excellent plan and acted as the "General." Definitely corrected many of the lessons learned from 1st Red Flag.

Massive thank you to the 104th.... just incredible fun.

Also big thanks to Bushmanni. You put a lot of effort into the planning and it was appreciated.

Many thanks to the 104th for a smooth running of Red Flag! I had immense fun! Yes busmanni you did stellar! The write-ups, remembering mistakes from the last run, planning and taking charge... you did well mate!

Gigabyte Tech. 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, 16 Gig RAM @ 2200 Mhz, Radeon X480, Oculus Rift

Thanks to everyone who took part, another epic event!

Once we get the tracks and tacview etc we will post them up for you guys along with the official scoring results.

Special thanks to 104th_Manawar and 104th_IronMike who did a great job stepping up as commentators at the last minute!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

It was great fun participating.

Bushmanis plan worked really well and we had some very good experience with consolidating flights after losses were taken.

I will stick with my luminati baguette launcher I think its still very viable to take on the F15 with it, its more the mutual support on aggressor side that makes a fox1 a pretty risky maneuver then the aim120s of the targeted F15.

I take the 3-4 AIM120s at once in the endgame kinda as an compliment, the push to save as much of our strikers as possible, definitely was the right thing to do over staying alive imho though.

Really compliments to the 104th guys protecting each other from the 530s NEZ launches.

Next plan is already on the drawing board. ;)

Really hoping a recording exists somewhere. Even audio only would be surpreme to overlay it with le tacview. :) Allways interesting how other people perceive your flying, gives a lot of input on how to improve. :)

The commentary I got to hear in the last minutes was really nice.

EDIT: One GCI per team would be super duper cool, it really enhances air to air so much. Imho it basically goes from fighters shooting each other to fighters controlling airspace and gives you so much more SA its simply amazing. Also declare on visuals you do not want to scare with radar is such a usefull tool.

Edited by microvax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Can someone from the 104th post the Twitch repay with commentary link, if possible?

Sadly we do not have one.

Our Commentators were set up at the last moment, it was their first ever time streaming an event and they did not know about how to save the stream.

Unfortunately we found out 'after' the stream had started, which was too late.

We do plan to do a Highlight video however, while not as good as having the actual Commentary video we hope it will at least provide some entertainment for those who did not get a chance to watch the action live.

We now know how to save the stream so this will not happen again in future on the events that Hook cannot make the commentary.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I'm really sad I missed the event due to work :( I only managed to catch the last half an hour and it was indeed fun to watch and listen. Hopefully I'll be more lucky next time.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

;3064003']Sadly we do not have one.

Our Commentators were set up at the last moment, it was their first ever time streaming an event and they did not know about how to save the stream.

We do plan to do a Highlight video however, while not as good as having the actual Commentary video we hope it will at least provide some entertainment for those who did not get a chance to watch the action live.

We now know how to save the stream so this will not happen again in future on the events that Hook cannot make the commentary.

A highlights video would be great if you guys could post one up.

;3064003']Sadly we do not have one.

Ahhh, pity. :D Ran into the same kind of thing myself already, doesnt even work if one does turn on the archival function during the stream unfortunately.

I think a post event analysis by the commentator or whoever is qualified, [which is absolutely not me for an exception ! ;D], would be even better to watch it afterwards in some ways, but tbh doing a highlight video is just way to much work to do everytime.

Looking forward to what you guys make of it. :))

Edited by microvax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great event again thanks 104th, again sorry for the poor turn out from us it was unacceptable, vodka rations are being removed as I type.

Shame there is no stream save I only caught the end of it with IronMike in hyper mode, great entertainment a worthy alternative to Hook waxing lyrical.

Great fight from the challengers again. A momentarily loss of focus and hesitation cost me my life early doors that is how tight these events are, so many contacts in amongst so much noise it is easy to get overwhelmed but it seems a great job was done by Bushmanni commanding the challengers as they had good co-ordination and applied pressure in different areas. After my life I listened into the comms on the aggressors while watching the stream i've got to say Maverick and Stuge showed up in a big way too. And Tiger, awesome stuff just got too ahead of himself.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

38528b95587078ed1cf3843b04a1f91a.jpg

Note: its a Magic2, not a 530 as the track says.

Just found this gem, I have to say I was only aware of Mustang, my energy state was high enough to probably defend anything thrown at me from the ground up, but still was kinda funny when I noticed that situation while looking at the tacview. :D

Pity commentary for this bit is lost. ;D

I am kinda surprised this worked out so well for me having run the numbers just 2 days before the event, which also lead to me beeing a little over cautious sometimes.

There is optimisations to be done I guess. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MicroVAX, congratulations on getting the 1st kill with a M2000 in Red Flag. You inspire me to fly Mirage at the next modern Red Flag. Cheers.

thx for le kind words. If you really want to, give me a shout and we can set up some kewl stuff. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]