Latest news/info on the Harrier II +?

Tuuvas

Hi all,

I was browsing through the post history here and the latest info I could find with my attempts was from late 2017. Do we by chance have any more recent info on whether we'll be getting the Harrier II+? Is RAZBAM still waiting on the AG radar to be implemented by ED before working on this?

Razbam hasn’t finished the current version. No updates in months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's completely untrue regarding updates. They only recently enabled GPS guided weapons. If you want to grumble, grumble, but avoid hyperbole.

@OP

You won't see a Plus for years, at any rate, if ever.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

That's completely untrue regarding updates. They only recently enabled GPS guided weapons. If you want to grumble, grumble, but avoid hyperbole.

@OP

I am always fine with debating an issue but calling me a liar is a personal insult. You can make all the apologies you want for their lack of progress.

It has been 4 months since they provided an incomplete JDAM implementation. So that’s months since a Harrier update and your accusation of being untruthful and hyperbolic is dismissed.

Over those months:

Promised key binds have never been implemented, if it clicks with a mouse it needs a mappable key bind. The gold standard has been set by ED to have commands for switches, encoders and potentiometers where appropriate along with the i-command structure.

The “updated” manual is error ridden and you can’t use NATOPS because they didn’t implement systems by the manual.

The Tarawa has been broken for months.

They have a history of acknowledging bugs and then marking them complete without addressing them. These forums have post after post of bugs/problems, yet the bug tracker on their website showed only three items as of two weeks ago. Again, the gold standard has been set by BN and 9L with their marking of reported bugs with [reported] [resolved] ...etc. These forums are where we come to get info, problem solve and report bugs and where their community manager should be managing these items not on a separate website.

I bought into EA with the expectation of continual progress until completion and it hasn’t been happening. The M2000 saw little improvement until they got a military contract that resulted in the changes we have now.

There are significantly different messages being sent across multiple social media platforms.

- Here we are being told “nothing new till existing EA modules are completed.”

- We were introduced to their new coder that was brought in to finish the M2000 and he has reported being reassigned to other unidentified tasks on discord.

-RAZBAM stated on discord that the Super Tucano was currently being actively developed for a military contract, which seemingly contradicts the statement about nothing new until EA modules are completed.

- Then there is the @RAZBAM twitter feed, over the last few months there have been over 600+ posts of politics, sports, vacations and girls in between the couple of RAZBAM product posts. Where is their focus?

- The RAZBAM community manager here doesn’t seem to understand that the lack of progress requires positive reassurances and regular updates and instead gets snarky with customer complaints.

The only thing that is going to change the perception is to make regular updates to the Harrier, M2000 and Mig19 with some semblance of equal attention. The months without progress on the Harrier have taken their toll.

Glad to see they are getting military contracts but we have already paid, now it’s time for RAZBAM to start delivering the product with the fidelity promised on launch.

The Sea Harrier FRS.1 is the next Harrier coming from Razbam and will be the first with a radar.

It has been 4 months since they provided an incomplete JDAM implementation. So that’s months since a Harrier update and your accusation of being untruthful and hyperbolic is dismissed.

JDAM implementation was included in the big update just before Christmas. That was about 1.5 months ago, not 4, and we didn't get any DCS update since nearly one months now. They only accidentally included JDAMS as a selectable loadout some time in autumn, but they were completely non functional then.

Changelog:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4143422&postcount=83

@OP

The Sea Harrier FRS.1 is the next Harrier coming from Razbam and will be the first with a radar.

JDAM implementation was included in the big update just before Christmas. That was about 1.5 months ago, not 4, and we didn't get any DCS update since nearly one months now. They only accidentally included JDAMS as a selectable loadout some time in autumn, but they were completely non functional then.

Changelog:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4143422&postcount=83

Whether 1.5 months or 4 does not matter. Fact is, that since more than 1 year nothing significant has happened (no regular progress) and you talk like if the Harrier had missed the jdams as the final icing on the cake.

According to this logic the announcement of a AV-8B Harrier II Plus by Razbam would be almost no suprise.

RAZBAM does not reply to general queries in this forum anymore. They enjoy using discord more where they can just tell people whatever they want to hear. I asked earlier here if they are planning any support for Supercarrier module but they didn’t bother to reply.

Regarding your question, RAZBAM has promised a lot of modules and have too many projects in their pipeline. Quantity over quality is their attitude so far. I’m sure they have the harrier 2 shoved somewhere within their pipeline too.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

The “updated” manual is error ridden and you can’t use NATOPS because they didn’t implement systems by the manual.

This is news to me. I use NATOPS all the time for it. In fact from a procedure point of view the only thing I can find in there that’s not implemented is; SHAAAS bit. Literally every other procedure is in and working per the manual.

In fact as far as systems go on the harrier the only things missing are:

FLIR hotspot detector

SEAM

Sidewinder DMT Slaving

SMS tone

Contrast and brightness settings for the ACMPDs

Gain settings for FLIR

TTT and TOT functions

JDAM terminal functions

ECM page

Hardly as incomplete as you make it sound. The biggest issues the FLIR Im sure are waiting on ED since they are remodeling the entire system in the core game. Other then that is extremely useable, the remaining items are very Quality of Life, don’t really affect gameplay. Big things like the FM/visuals/weapons suite have been done for some time.

Not sure if your just a troll but don’t get on here and lie.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Razbam hasn’t finished the current version. No updates in months.

Got to love the razbam haters - i'd put down the pipe and stop smoking whatever is in it to divert space and time re no updates in months.

Its not a big team, harrier is actually very enjoyable, yes there are niggles, some long standing however as with all EA aircraft and DCS its not a rapid process. Look at the F16 and F18 release states lol.

Its currently the best simulation we have of the harrier on a PC. Its brilliant fun and great to fly in VR with one of the best cockpits and MFD's.

Instead of trolling with nonsense maybe be constructive with your comments and approach the dev's with your specific concerns just not with an arse of an attitude. Take it personally or not its observational. Clearly EA or OB is not for you, which i understand its not for everyone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

This is news to me. I use NATOPS all the time for it. In fact from a procedure point of view the only thing I can find in there that’s not implemented is; SHAAAS bit. Literally every other procedure is in and working per the manual.

FLIR hotspot detector

SEAM

Sidewinder DMT Slaving

SMS tone

Gain settings for FLIR

TTT and TOT functions

JDAM terminal functions

ECM page

Hardly as incomplete as you make it sound. The biggest issues the FLIR Im sure are waiting on ED since they are remodeling the entire system in the core game. Other then that is extremely useable, the remaining items are very Quality of Life, don’t really affect gameplay. Big things like the FM/visuals/weapons suite have been done for some time.

100% correct can do nothing without ED - the hold up lies with them as needs FLIR to be accurately modelled and also software target recognition algorithm (as in RL) as currently every tree would be a target lol!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

FLIR hotspot detector

SEAM

Sidewinder DMT Slaving

SMS tone

Gain settings for FLIR

TTT and TOT functions

JDAM terminal functions

ECM page

You left out dive toss, not to mention the moving target and wind corrections using ARBS/INS. I'm sure there are far more examples if you go through piece by piece step by step. And that's not counting the bugs in what is "implemented".

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

You left out dive toss, not to mention the moving target and wind corrections using ARBS/INS. I'm sure there are far more examples if you go through piece by piece step by step. And that's not counting the bugs in what is "implemented".

Yes definitely, there's Bugs for sure, and I'm not particularly happy with how RAZBAM handles customer service either. But my point was; whats "missing" as far as the manuals go and step by step instructions is actually quite negligible compared to what IS implemented.

That individuals dramatic post makes it sound like you can't even fly the thing, and it doesn't correspond to the manuals at all. In reality I can do most every procedure in the manual, aside from doing things like setting the correct contrast on the displays and setting up the NAVFLIRs detector modes or using dive toss delivery options, a few degraded modes, and some bits ect ect, but frankly you could make the same sorts of statements about missing systems implementation regrading; the hornet, the viper, the tomcat, the MiG-21, the F-5E. So really nowhere near what that post claims. You can be mad about it, but be mad for the right reasons. It not RAZBAM in particular its the whole culture of this sim.

But don't get me wrong I want it finished too, but there is ZERO reason for posts like Fusedspine33's riddled with straight up falsehoods and extreme exaggerations, and generalizations. It's not the way to express criticism and it actually hurts our position as customers because it's discrediting to ALL of us. Then we wonder why some of the developers refuse too communicate anymore.

Anyways as far as the OP goes, I'd love to see an AV-8B+ in the sim. I don't think we'll have to wait to long for one, once the hornet and vipers radars are complete.

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Wizard,

You have focused on only one aspect of my position, the manual and you let that dismiss the other complaints. So let me expound.

It was a single paragraph attempting to capture one point of contention which is the poor state of the RAZBAM manual. It is in a state of disrepair. The NATOPS is the basis for the module and there are some procedures in the NATOPS that have been modeled accurately BUT there are others that are not accurately modeled, so the NATOPS isn’t the go to book. I don’t expect 100% to NATOPS for a video game but I do expect the RAZBAM manual to be the source of documentation and deconfliction from source material. In it’s current state it is not.

Part of the procedure for adding features and should be a corrected manual with each update, or it winds up where it is.

Sure, I can have fun with the module, but that’s not the point, the point is the lack of progress and poor communication from RAZBAM. I put honey out first by paying upfront for a module based on a promise to complete in the future and that has been rewarded with stalled progress, a decaying module and snarky comments from the developer at my peers who also voice discontent. Your patience may be greater than mine but it doesn’t make your opinion any more valid.

That individuals dramatic post makes it sound like you can't even fly the thing, and it doesn't correspond to the manuals at all. In reality I can do most every procedure in the manual, aside from doing things like setting the correct contrast on the displays and setting up the NAVFLIRs detector modes or using dive toss delivery options, a few degraded modes, and some bits ect ect, but frankly you could make the same sorts of statements about missing systems implementation regrading; the hornet, the viper, the tomcat, the MiG-21, the F-5E. So really nowhere near what that post claims. You can be mad about it, but be mad for the right reasons. It not RAZBAM in particular its the whole culture of this sim.

But don't get me wrong I want it finished too.

Well, we will have to agree to disagree on the notion "what is missing" is minor, I consider stuff like toss bombing and wind/moving tgt correction pretty essential systems along with things like INS drift that aren't modeled, nor are ARBS/tpod errors, and DMT sidewinder slave or a working SEAM mode would be great for A/A where I have to IFF targets. Not to mention larger issues like having a usable Tarawa online or having useful "road FARPS".

And while I agree that many of the other EA planes are missing stuff, I have vastly more confidence that they will be done before the harrier, so a big part of the issue is the rate of progress which is glacial and the order things are done in makes little or no sense to me. And all that being said, I can totally understand other posters frustrations on the issue.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Well, we will have to agree to disagree on the notion "what is missing" is minor, I consider stuff like toss bombing and wind/moving tgt correction pretty essential systems along with things like INS drift that aren't modeled, nor are ARBS/tpod errors, and DMT sidewinder slave or a working SEAM mode would be great for A/A where I have to IFF targets. Not to mention larger issues like having a usable Tarawa online or having useful "road FARPS".

And while I agree that many of the other EA planes are missing stuff, I have vastly more confidence that they will be done before the harrier, so a big part of the issue is the rate of progress which is glacial and the order things are done in makes little or no sense to me. And all that being said, I can totally understand other posters frustrations on the issue.

This is the take I most agree with here. Let's not forget about magic CCIP, missing EHSD symbology for JDAMS and CAS targets. Also, not sure how anyone is following the attack run procedures in the NATOPS. They all reference course line deviations. These should be on the EHSD (even according to the training mission in the sim) but are not implemented.

Yep Harlikwin has it spot on.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm