Cat launch animations - are other planned as well?

Gierasimov

From the information gathered so far, on my pre-ordered Supercarrier module, I understand that catapults 1-4 will include automated animations for launch operations.

My understanding is that this is going to be for runway start setting in ME.

Are the taxi and recovery animations also planned for this module at some point?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I understood that taxiing from a perking spot to the catapult is included. You can even see parts of it in the trailer, with hand signals for hooking up to the catapult, deploying wings and lowering flaps.

Since a "runway" start spawns you on the catapult, fully configure to go, there wouldn't be a reason to have these animations if they didn't intend to support taxiing. At least that's how I see it.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

That would be very cool. I saw this on the "wishlist" forum. I really hope the deck crew assists in taxiing.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Hopefully we need to ask permission to start and ATC gives us a Cat to taxi to it.

But i dont think we will get a taxi to a parking position after recovery.

At least I want to see the U yellow shirt raising both his/her arms when trapped. You know, eyebrow/peripheral vision. BTW how does a real aviator know which wire he/she snagged? Do they get a crackling headset "THREE WIRE!"

What if they bolter, do they get Mexican/Latino song playing in the headset? (I know, too much Stingers TV here)...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Well, they can look back and see. The wires don't retract that fast, so the pilot can look over their shoulder while they clear the LA to check.

Also, Paddles takes the grade sheet from the LSO platform to each of the ready rooms and briefs the Squadron Duty Officer on each aircrafts grade and wire. This is the better option because the pilot should be paying attention to the flight deck crew guiding them, not what wire they just snagged.

Also I'm sure after a while they just get a feel for it.

No music on the radio.

• 3 months later...
Well, they can look back and see. The wires don't retract that fast, so the pilot can look over their shoulder while they clear the LA to check.

Also, Paddles takes the grade sheet from the LSO platform to each of the ready rooms and briefs the Squadron Duty Officer on each aircrafts grade and wire. This is the better option because the pilot should be paying attention to the flight deck crew guiding them, not what wire they just snagged.

Also I'm sure after a while they just get a feel for it.

No music on the radio.

Ahh thank you. I guess a mod can be replicated for F-14 LSO sheet? Can we get the glidepath box?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.