Rescue Helo-Carrier Formation 24/7

funkyfranky

• 3 weeks later...

i try to load the script twice.

copy script anr rename it to Helo Carrier_Formation77 and Helo Carrier_Formation74

change units name to CVN-77 & CVN-74 also Planeguard77 & Planeguard77

only the 77 script works.

is it posible to load it twice?

• 1 month later...

Have not been able to get this to work; mind you I'm new to this using scripts.

I've renamed the carrier and helo names in the script to what I have in ME. Is there something special that needs done in ME to the units? I have triggers Mission Start>>>Load MOOSE and MISSION Start Load Rescue Helo. Added a helo and set it to late activation; which is how I was told to do it.

The only thing that needs changed in the script is the carrier and helo names to match ME so what am I missing?

Edited by BoneDust

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I'll load mission later, but it is a simple test mission with the carrier and one helo.

I see this error in the log.

SCRIPTING: *** MOOSE INCLUDE END ***

2019-01-22 13:50:56.724 INFO SCRIPTING: Loading MOOSE Rescue Helo-Carrier Formation Script v1.1 by FF

2019-01-22 13:50:56.724 INFO SCRIPTING: Carrier Unit Name = the USS John C Stennis

2019-01-22 13:50:56.724 INFO SCRIPTING: Helo Group Name = SAR_Helo

2019-01-22 13:50:56.724 INFO SCRIPTING: Offset X (front) = 300.0 m

2019-01-22 13:50:56.724 INFO SCRIPTING: Offset Z (port) = 200.0 m

2019-01-22 13:50:56.724 INFO SCRIPTING: Offset Y (alt) = 80.0 m

2019-01-22 13:50:56.724 INFO SCRIPTING: Spawn in air = nil

2019-01-22 13:50:56.724 INFO SCRIPTING: Random Route = false

2019-01-22 13:50:56.724 ERROR DCS: Mission script error: : [string "C:\Users\dwigh\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis000018A4.lua"]:61: attempt to index local 'Mother' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[string "C:\Users\dwigh\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis000018A4.lua"]:61: in main chunk

EDIT:

I found the problem. Dumb error on my part. I had the ships name in the Group window rather than the unit window. Works great. No more late night mission building for me haha.

Cheers

Edited by BoneDust

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

It still does not respawn...still working on it. Here's the script. Eveything works well but the helo flies along the water partially submerged rather than land.

Any thoughts? :thumbup:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
trigger.action.outText('Loading SAR_Helo_Respawn Script v1.0 by FF', 10)
-- Script is loading.
env.info("Loading MOOSE Rescue Helo-Carrier Formation Script v1.1 by FF")

-- v1.1: Made AI_FORMATION object global variable since garbage collector removed it.
--       Used new RespawnAtAirbase() function. Requires MOOSE version >= 2.4
--       Download Moose.lua at https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE/releases

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Set parameters.

-- Carrier UNIT name as set in the ME. 
local CarrierUnitName="the USS John C Stennis"

-- Helo GROUP name as set in the ME.
local HeloGroupName="SAR_Helo"

-- Offset [meters] in the direction of travelling. Positive values are in front of Mother.
local OffsetX=270
-- Offset [meters] perpendicular to travelling. Positive = Starboard (right of Mother), negative = Port (left of Mother).
local OffsetZ=200
-- Offset altitude. Should (obviously) always be positve.
local OffsetY=80

-- If true, Carrier will randomly select waypoints from the ones defined in the ME.
local RandomRoute=false

-- Scripting Part - no need to change anything below unless you know what you are doing.

-- Report mission time every 30 sec.
local ReportTime=false

-- Report fuel of helo group every 60 sec.
local ReportFuel=false

-- Display mission time.
if ReportTime then
 local Scheduler_Mission_Time = SCHEDULER:New(nil, UTILS.DisplayMissionTime, {}, 0, 30)
end

-- Debug info.
env.info(string.format("Carrier Unit Name = %s", CarrierUnitName))
env.info(string.format("Helo Group Name   = %s", HeloGroupName))
env.info(string.format("Offset X (front)  = %.1f m", OffsetX))
env.info(string.format("Offset Z (port)   = %.1f m", OffsetZ))
env.info(string.format("Offset Y (alt)    = %.1f m", OffsetY))
env.info(string.format("Spawn in air      = %s", tostring(SpawnInAir)))
env.info(string.format("Random Route      = %s", tostring(RandomRoute)))

-- Set takeoff type.
local Takeoff=SPAWN.Takeoff.Hot  -- Adjust this to SPAWN.Takeoff.Cold for a cold start, i.e. with engines off. 

-- Carrier "USS Stennis" = Mother. "USS Stennis" is the name of the unit of the carrier given to the carrier in the ME. 
local Mother=UNIT:FindByName(CarrierUnitName)

-- Carrier group will patrol the defined waypoints indefinetly.
if RandomRoute then
 Mother:PatrolRouteRandom(20)
else
 Mother:PatrolRoute()
end

-- Spawn helo.
local SpawnHelo=SPAWN:New(HeloGroupName)
local HeloSpawn=SpawnHelo:SpawnAtAirbase(AIRBASE:FindByName(CarrierUnitName), Takeoff, OffsetY)

-- Set of group(s) to follow Mother.
local FollowGroupSet = SET_GROUP:New()
FollowGroupSet:AddGroupsByName(HeloSpawn:GetName())

-- Define AI Formation object.
CarrierFormation = AI_FORMATION:New(Mother, FollowGroupSet, "Helo Formation with Carrier", "Follow Carrier at given parameters.")

-- Formation parameters.
CarrierFormation:FormationCenterWing(-OffsetX, 50, math.abs(OffsetY), 50, OffsetZ, 50)

-- Start formation FSM.
CarrierFormation:__Start(2)

-- Subscribe helo group set to the event land.
FollowGroupSet:HandleEvent(EVENTS.Land)

-- Respawn helo group once it landed because it was out of fuel.
function FollowGroupSet:OnEventLand(EventData)
 local group=EventData.IniGroup --Wrapper.Group#GROUP
 if group and group:GetName():match(HeloGroupName) then
   env.info(string.format("CarrierFormation: Respawning group %s.", group:GetName()))
   group:RespawnAtCurrentAirbase(nil, Takeoff)  -- MOOSE v2.4.X
 end
end

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if ReportFuel then
 --- Report fuel function of following group.
 local function ReportFuel()
   for _,myhelo in pairs(FollowGroupSet:GetSet()) do
     if myhelo and myhelo:IsAlive() then
       local fuel=myhelo:GetFuel()
       local text=string.format("%s: fuel = %.2f %%", myhelo:GetName(), fuel*100)
     end
   end
 end

-- Report fuel state of helo every 10 seconds.
 local Scheduler_Helo_Fuel = SCHEDULER:New(nil, ReportFuel, {}, 60, 60)
end

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by BoneDust

What the helo appears to be doing is trying to land at the same spot it departed the ship from, but the ship of course is moving so it lands in the water where the ship was when it departed and flies along partially submerged; hence no respawning.

Any thoughts?

Edited by BoneDust

Hi guys, and sorry for the late reply but I have not been lazy ;)

The code has been enhanced with new features and added as an own Moose class. The scripting part on your side is, however, significantly reduced and you have convenient user API function available for customization.

Please revisit the first post for further info, new code and and an example mission featuring two rescue helos at different carriers :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Hi guys, and sorry for the late reply but I have not been lazy ;)

The code has been enhanced with new features and added as an own Moose class. The scripting part on your side is, however, significantly reduced and you have convenient user API function available for customization.

Please revisit the first post for further info, new code and and an example mission featuring two rescue helos at different carriers :)

That's awesome man :thumbup:

I'm using the new code and it works great until it has to land. The helo still lands in the water and just flies along partially submerged under water, so it doesn't respawn.

I read through this thread, and while I see the orbiting tanker and E-2C was discussed, but I never saw any scripting for it.

I had a look through my Moose set up in LDT but didn’t see anything that resembles that script.

Any comments or thoughts on that capability?

The Recovery Tanker is under its own function in MOOSE, like the Rescue Helo:

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS_DEVELOP/Documentation/Ops.RecoveryTanker.html

Don't know about the Hawkeye though.

EDIT

well...

HawkyStennis=RECOVERYTANKER:New(UNIT:FindByName("Stennis_AI"), "Hawkeye")
HawkyStennis:SetAltitude(20000)
HawkyStennis:SetRadio(266)
HawkyStennis:Start()

Edited by Sundowner.pl

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

The tanker framework is awesome.

I am testing this for the E2 and so far it seems to work.

Thanks.

Edited by BoneDust

• 4 weeks later...

How do I actually use RESCUEHELO.SetAltitude() or similar? I have this which works. I'm new to this... clearly. :lol:

-- Rescue Helo @ USS John C. Stennis.
local rescueheloStennis=RESCUEHELO:New("USS Stennis", "Rescue CH-53E")
rescueheloStennis:SetTakeoffAir()
rescueheloStennis:Start()

-- Rescue Helo @ USS Tarawa.
local rescueheloTarawa=RESCUEHELO:New("USS Tarawa", "Rescue SH-60B")
rescueheloTarawa:SetTakeoffAir()
rescueheloTarawa:Start()

-- (Optional) Make carriers patrol their route indefinitely.
UNIT:FindByName("USS Stennis"):PatrolRoute()
UNIT:FindByName("USS Tarawa"):PatrolRoute()

How do I implement? Neither of these work. I think it should be the latter, but when I add either to the script the helos do not spawn.

RESCUEHELO.SetAltitude(40)
RESCUEHELO.SetOffsetX(10)
RESCUEHELO.SetOffsetZ(50)
RESCUEHELO.SetRescueOff()

rescueheloStennis.SetAltitude(40)
rescueheloStennis.SetOffsetX(10)
rescueheloStennis.SetOffsetZ(50)
rescueheloStennis.SetRescueOff()

Edited by McShetty

replace . with : in your last example.

rescueheloStennis:SetAltitude(40)
rescueheloStennis:SetOffsetX(10)
rescueheloStennis:SetOffsetZ(50)
rescueheloStennis:SetRescueOff() --This would turn it off (just a guess not looked at the code)

Edited by Quadrafarian

I7 8700K @ 5Ghz | 32Gb DDR4 | Strix 1080ti | Warthog Throttle + Stick on Virpil T50 Base | Omen 32"

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone figure out how to get the E2D to use datalink using this script?

I use this script for the E2, S3, and SH-60 and I cannot get the E2D to transmit data when using this script to spawn it.

• 4 weeks later...
The Recovery Tanker is under its own function in MOOSE, like the Rescue Helo:

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS_DEVELOP/Documentation/Ops.RecoveryTanker.html

Don't know about the Hawkeye though.

EDIT

well...

HawkyStennis=RECOVERYTANKER:New(UNIT:FindByName("Stennis_AI"), "Hawkeye")
HawkyStennis:SetAltitude(20000)
HawkyStennis:SetRadio(266)
HawkyStennis:Start()

Hey Funkyfranky,

Any chance of the E-2C getting its own function in Moose.

Using the method above seems to work but it would be nice to be able to specify an orbit point that not connected to the carriers position.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Hey Funkyfranky,

Any chance of the E-2C getting its own function in Moose.

Using the method above seems to work but it would be nice to be able to specify an orbit point that not connected to the carriers position.

Hmm, not sure. One of the main features of the class is, that it updates the orbit wrt the moving carrier (as good as DCS API allows).

For a stationary orbit, I would use some "simple" spawn and task functions usually. Within Moose, you could achieve that with a couple of lines, I guess. But I might be overlooking something?

As a workaround, you could try to place a ship unit (does not have to be a carrier) somewhere or even a ground unit if the orbit center should be on land. I never tried this myself, so not really sure whether it actually works though ;)

Check out the thread about the recovery tanker as well https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3778751

I have not updated the example mission, but the latest development Moose.lua also activates the datalink for the AWACS automatically :)

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

For a stationary orbit, I would use some "simple" spawn and task functions usually. Within Moose, you could achieve that with a couple of lines, I guess. But I might be overlooking something?

Not really overlooking...it's just a different mission.

In the "Real World" the Recovery Tanker would be right about where you have it. Right over "Mother".

E2s on the other hand Takeoff and Land on the carrier, but orbit well away from the carrier in the direction of interest / threat to increase warning time. So while the carrier might be steaming East / West because of the winds inside its operating area...the E2s may be orbiting 150 miles to the NORTH looking ANOTHER 150 miles North for bad guys.

Now, can this be done in game without scripting? Yes. (In fact they follow Case 1 procedures quite nicely!)...But Moose allows for much quicker customization.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Syntax

The callsign of the tanker can be set via the RECOVERYTANKER.SetCallsign(callsignname, callsignnumber) function. Both parameters are numbers. The first parameter callsignname defines the name (1=Texaco, 2=Arco, 3=Shell). The second (optional) parameter specifies the first number and has to be between 1-9. Also see DCS_enum_callsigns and DCS_command_setCallsign.

TexacoStennis:SetCAllsign(CALLSIGN.Tanker.Arco)

Which syntax is correct in this example?

RECOVERYTANKER.SetCallsign

TexacoStennis:SetCAllsign

I cant find either searching Moose

Thanks in advance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Which syntax is correct in this example?

RECOVERYTANKER.SetCallsign

TexacoStennis:SetCAllsign

I cant find either searching Moose

Thanks in advance

TexacoStennis:SetCallsign is correct. The dot is done by the autogenerated doc html file. Colon is syntax sugar in lua if you want to omit self as first parameter.

CRAP CRAP CRAP!

I HATE making the same mistake over and OVER again because I cut and paste.

Thank you for the help sir.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

OK gents,

Why does this crash?

TexacoStennis=RECOVERYTANKER:New(UNIT:FindByName("USS Stennis"), "Stennis Tanker")

TexacoStennis:SetModex(704)

TexacoStennis:SetCallsign(1, 7)

TexacoStennis:SetTACAN(74, "TKR")

TexacoStennis:SetTakeoffCold()

TexacoStennis:SetRadio(274.3)

TexacoStennis:Start()

But this:

TexacoStennis=RECOVERYTANKER:New(UNIT:FindByName("USS Stennis"), "Stennis Tanker")

TexacoStennis:SetTACAN(74, "TKR")

TexacoStennis:SetTakeoffCold()

TexacoStennis:SetRadio(274.3)

TexacoStennis:Start()

Doesn't.

I know it has to do with:

TexacoStennis:SetModex(704)

TexacoStennis:SetCallsign(1, 7)

But I am at a loss as to why.

[TAC-CAUC]_300_V 4.0 Working.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

• 4 months later...