Anton vs Dora

dresoccer4

Now you finally understand where I'm standing.. ED chose a castrated 190 A8 instead of a 109 G6.. I would never understand.. probably to satisfy some egos. Probably..

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

Because it's more historically appropriate..?

Glad I'm not one of those top-trump folks though :) I love the Anton, as my second favorite DCS warbird behind the Spitfire. It's just done so well. I do wish more content would come for it though, like rockets and such. But in the meantime, we've finally got more bombs. Means the A8 wasnt forgotten after all

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Hello,

I really like this Fw190A-8, and what a nice functional cockpit. A plane with plenty of specificities, good in some features and bad in others :thumbup:

On Normandy map, with an historical respect, I play only Spitfire & A-8. Both totally different make me happy.

Now, new loadouts are coming … very good news :)

Belly

Bf 109 K-4 / Fw 190 A-8 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P51-D / Normandy 1944 map + ww2 assets pack

It has been fairly comprehensively proved that the Fw 190 A-8 was never fitted operationally with MW-50.

Proper loadouts, yes, I agree, are overdue.

Play historically accurate match-ups against Spitfires on the Normandy map is what you do with it.

As a side note, what the hell is it with the top-trumps crowd in this place? Did y'all just pile in from War Thunder? "I pay to win bro, why should I spend $$$ on a worse plane?"

:huh:

All A8 were fitted with an additional 115l tank behind the pilot seat. To make this possible some other parts had to be moved around. This modification is what is charactistic of the A8. This tank was afaik either filled with MW-50 or additional fuel for increased emergency power.

"Starting from July 1944 all Fw 190 A-8 aircraft will be equipped with "increased emergency". By overridding the supercharger boost regulator, boost pressures are increased at take-off and emergency power in low supercharger setting from 1,42 ata to 1,58 ata and at the high supercharger setting from 1,42 to 1,65 ata."

You could switch to increased emergency by pressing a button on the front instrument panel. That power boost would last for about 10 minutes.

Edited by MrExplosion

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

All A8 were fitted with a 115l MW-50 tank behind the pilot seat. To make this possible some other parts had to be moved around. This modification is what is charactistic of the A8.

The A8 was not built to duke it out with Spitfires in low altitude but to attack the allied bomber formations.

And do you know what they actually put in that tank? Cos it wasn't MW50...

Read this thread. You might learn something: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242847&highlight=MW50&page=6

Edited by DD_Fenrir

All A8 were fitted with a 115l MW-50 tank behind the pilot seat. To make this possible some other parts had to be moved around. This modification is what is charactistic of the A8.

The A8 was not built to duke it out with Spitfires in low altitude but to attack the allied bomber formations.

The 115Liter Tank was there, but it was never filled with MW-50 in the A-8.

Was installed there to increase the range of the 190, was filled up when needed with C3 Standard Fuel.

The MW-50 did more harm then anything good to the BMW-801, cracked cylinder, massive decreased service Life of the Engine..

After few test with the MW-50 they give up, didnt increase much the Horsepower of the Engine in combination of the described Problems.

That is only a untrue Tale that never get old for some Reason.

The full Throttle Altitude where the Charger could hold the Boost of the Engine was relative low with 5,7 Km, after that MW-50 is useless.

B-17 Formation's fly around 7-8 KM, therefore MW-50 would only useless Ballast what would decrease the Climb Power.

190 was first deployed in 1942 on the Channel Front, did nothing else then Fighting the Spit in low to medium Altitudes.

So only Fighting Bombers is a little bit Flawed.

By the way the only increased the Boost from 1.32 -1,42-1.56 over the Years....

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

My original research was based mostly on wikipedia. Now that I dive a little deeper into the matter, I find you are actually right about the MW-50. But the emergency power would still be nice to have.

I just ordered this https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/0816805687/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So I will deliver a better researched wishlist to make this bird more fun to fly. ;)

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

190 was first deployed in 1942 on the Channel Front, did nothing else then Fighting the Spit in low to medium Altitudes.

So only Fighting Bombers is a little bit Flawed.

I was refering to the A8, which was built in 44-45 when focus shifted to defence of towns and industry against the bomber formations.

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

My original research was based mostly on wikipedia. Now that I dive a little deeper into the matter, I find you are actually right about the MW-50. But the emergency power would still be nice to have.

I just ordered this https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/0816805687/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So I will deliver a better researched wishlist to make this bird more fun to fly. ;)

Mw-50 was tested, but end results weren't as expected, so they went with C3 injection as WEP give less power but it is safer for engine.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Mw-50 was tested, but end results weren't as expected, so they went with C3 injection as WEP give less power but it is safer for engine.

Yes, they had either additional fuel (C3) injection or increased manifold pressure. Both systems were called "erhöhte Notleitung" and activated by the pilot by pressing a button as described here:

https://www.deutscheluftwaffe.com/archiv/Dokumente/ABC/m/Motoren/BMW/Leistungssteigerung/BMW%20801%20D%20Leistungssteigerung.html

Additional fuel (C3) injection was used to get the plane airborne when carrying heavy bombloads.

Bei der C3 Einspritzung konnte in dringenden Notfällen für Flughöhen unter 1 km die ungedrosselte Motorleistung des BMW 801 D entnommen werden. Durch speziell eingebaute Blenden regelte dann der Ladedruck von 1,42 ata auf 1,65 ata. Da für diese Leistung die Höchstfördermenge der Einspritzpumpe nicht mehr ausreichte, musste mit einer Düse im linken Ansaugschacht zusätzlich Kraftstoff eingespritzt werden. Diese Zeitdauer für die Entnahme der Notleistung lag zwischen 10 – 15 min. Sie durfte auch nur im Fluge eingeschaltet werden. Eingeschaltet wurde die Anlage vom Flugzeugführer mit einem Bedienknopf links unter dem Hauptgerätebrett.

Der Bedienknopf trug die Aufschrift:

Erhöhte Notleistung

Ziehen

1,65 ata

2700 U/min

Increased manifold pressure (erhöhter Ladedruck) and was used in the dog fighting variants.

Im Vorfeld während der C3 Erprobung in Rechlin zeichnete sich bereits ein anderes einfacheres Verfahren ab. Durch ausschließliche Freigabe der Ladedruckerhöhung sowohl im Boden als auch im Höhenladerbetrieb des BMW 801 D sollte auch hier die Leistung der Fw 190 A als Jagdflugzeug gesteigert werden. Aus der Baubeschreibung Nr. 284 der Fw 190 A-8 ist zu entnehmen, daß ab Juli 1944 sämtliche Flugzeuge der Baureihe A-8 mit der „erhöhten Notleistung“ ausgerüstet worden sind. Durch einen Eingriff in dem Ladedruckregler wurde hierbei der Ladedruck der Start- und Notleistung im Bodenladerbetrieb von 1,42 ata auf 1,58 ata und im Höhenladerbetrieb auf 1,65 ata heraufgesetzt. Dabei betrug der Geschwindigkeitsgewinn bis zu 22 km/h bei Bodenladerbetrieb und bis zu 25 km/h im Höhenladerbetrieb. Aus thermischen Gründen durfte diese erhöhte Notleistung allerdings auch hier nur maximal 10 Minuten entnommen werden. Normalerweise erreichte die Fw 190 A-8 644 km/h in 6,3 km Flughöhe und 548 km/h am Boden. Die Höchstgeschwindigkeit der A-8 lag durch diese Maßnahme jetzt bei 652 km/h in 5,5 km Höhe und bei 578 km/h am Boden.

Der Bedienknopf trug die Aufschrift:

Erhöhte Notleistung

Ziehen

2700 U/min

B=1,58; H=1,65

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

In the X-ray model of the Anton, there is actually a tank literally labeled nitrous tank, behind the pilot. Not saying it's used for such, but it's there in the upcoming DM at least. Maybe we really could see a boost or some sort, eventually, as an option. Or even just additional fuel, which would still be useful (as to me it seems the Anton is a gas guzzler)

Edited by Magic Zach

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

In the X-ray model of the Anton, there is actually a tank literally labeled nitrous tank, behind the pilot. Not saying it's used for such, but it's there in the upcoming DM at least. Maybe we really could see a boost or some sort, eventually, as an option. Or even just additional fuel, which would still be useful (as to me it seems the Anton is a gas guzzler)

GM-1 , thats for high alt boost.

I would like to have version with increased MP 1.58/1.65 L/H for A8

and for F-8 C-3 injection for heavy take offs.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor