The Enemy Within 3.0 MP

baltic_dragon

Hey guys, as the summer is coming and some will have more time for flying with friends, I am making available the beta version of my Enemy Within 3.0 Multiplayer mission.

Designed for 2-4 A-10Cs, it offers three kill boxes with randomly spawning units and a Predator drone in each calling out targets in real time plus 4 additional tasks that will also be randomly triggered - two from the SP campaign and two made specially for this mission.

If you want to make the best of this mission you will also be forced to do some roleplaying, interacting with Overlord, ground troops and other flights (there are no pre-recorded VOs for the flight lead, so you will have to do the talking!).

Before playing MAKE SURE to read the Designer's Notes. There are things you should and should not be doing for the mission to work as intended.

Remember, this is an Open Beta, report back any bugs you find, suggestions etc. If there is positive feedback I will be adding more content to this mission as time goes by.

UPDATES

BETA 4 available (DOWNLOAD).

Main fixes: fixed a bug in a bridge tasking where enemy infantry didn't shoot; added missing letters for some of the Pontiac messages; fixed an issue where Predator in Killbox November would crash; updated RTB flag; added separate messages with grids given by Pontiac for all killboxes to make it easier to note them down; updated wrong VO for Overlord in Outpost tasking.

Edited by baltic_dragon
  • Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hi Baltic! How would you play this mission with friends? Does it require a dedicated DCS server? I would like to try it but I've never used a multiplayer mission before.

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

As baltic dragon said, you can just host a multiplayer session from the multiplayer menu within DCS. You might need to open the respective ports on your router/firewall though, so other players can connect to your session. I don't know the port numbers out of my head right now, but they are listed in the game manual, wiki and you can also check the multiplayer subforum for them as well as for more information on how to do it.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'll give that a try. Thanks all!!!

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

Awesome, thanks a lot! :thumbup:

It's a real bummer that DCS doesn't allow for paid coop campaigns :(

That’s my dream as well, I would happily pay handsomely for a full on coop campaign i an play with my mates.

I will certainly be giving this a try mind you, it looks stunning

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Hey guys, updated version of the mission is now available for download in the first post.

Thank you, I've been using Apache600's MP missions on my Dedicated Server, but will try this soon ... glad you are sharing it for free :) but tell ED that there is a market for paid MP missions, as I would certainly buy rather than edit my own.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

If anyone is interested in flying this mission together. Send me a private message. Would love to fly with 3 others so we could fly all 4 A-10C’s.

Tried it twice with 4 then 2 players. We really enjoyed it, it was good fun. Very instructive as well, it makes us use most of the systems in the plane which is a good way to practice. The voiceovers make the mission alive, and having a different mission each time makes it more entertaining.

One thing that would make it better though would be to make two pairs instead of 4 units in a single flight. In other words, replacing Dodge 1-3 and 1-4 by Dodge 2-1 and 2-2. It makes it easier to lead. Other than that, excellent work.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/17/2022 at 2:22 PM, baltic_dragon said:

Yes it is one mission, but with random tasks, so there is a degree of replay-ability there. 

I personally think this is the way forward

Missions are about teamwork and tactical planning

DCS has become very lonely

Hopefully campaigns soon will be like Falcon 4.0 

Is there any chance other aircraft can be added to this multiplayer campaign

My friend is hooked onto the harrier at the moment and has there been any more missions or updates added

Also is there an easy way of transferring the original A10c to A10c ll progression within the campaign

I got to mission 11 but would like to carry on in the newer A10 module

If not no problems I'll just start again

Regards

John 

• 4 months later...

Are there any news? We are looking forward to upgrade for a10cII and whole company )) Ready to buy again ))

Edited by tushkanov

ОБОРУДОВАНИЕ:

- Проц: i9 11900kf - Мать: Asus Rog Strix z590 f Gaming - Память: 4х16 гб оперативы (2400 мгц) - Видео: MSI RTX 4090 X GAMING 24 гб - SSD Intel

• 1 month later...