New Mig29 FM

Mizzy

by that logic then why arent pilots designing aircraft?

sorry not sorry but being able to operate an aircraft does not an aerodynamicist make. yoyo is more credible than some random pilot (there are many of them and they dont even always agree with each other)

This is not about who designs the plane. It's just that the opinion of the real Mig-29 pilot on this flight model is negative. For example, the behavior of the aircraft, for example during landing.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is not the hardest module to land now.

Is the most unknown how to land plane yet. When you learn how to do it properly you will see is easy. Very easy.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Is not the hardest module to land now.

Is the most unknown how to land plane yet. When you learn how to do it properly you will see is easy. Very easy.

Care to explain how? Whenever I get on the landing speed, full landing flaps out, I seem to drop out of the sky.

I understand that its a matter of experience, but when no one can show you then how do you learn?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Yes, in clean configuration it's a problem not to exceed Vne in level flight. So, as it has not yet dynamic pressure exceeding punishment you can fly fast... :)

Thanks for your input, Yo-Yo.

I noticed the MiG-29 is so damn fast... it really is very impressive. Supersonic acceleration is insane.

So talking about VnE, how's the thrust curve of the MiG-29? In the sim from what I can see, faster it goes, more powerful it gets (not surprised there - but ram recovery seems to be high). A lot of thrust really!

Is there any specific characteristic that makes it so fast?

For me is simple.

Final at 320-310, depending on weight. No less than 300.

In Close, 290, gentle flare, watch your vertical speed to be almost 0, and touch down at 270-280 KEEPING NOSE HIGH on the strip.

Then let the nose go down gentle, deploy the chute and you will be good.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I took it for a quick spin yesterday and TBH, didn't find any difficulty in the landing. Just lowered gear and flaps in downwind and tried to aim for about 150KIAS final approach speed. So I reduced speed to 320 Km/h turning final and about 290Km/h over the fence.

If you are falling too quickly just increase power as in any other aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Came here to post the exact same thing.

Landing difficulty for me:

Mig21 - Hard, but if I concentrate and pray real hard I can do it

109K - Piece of Cake

Spitfire - Not too difficult, I can manage it most of the time

Mig29 (updated FM) - WHAT KIND OF CRAZY UNTAMED HELLBEAST IS THIS?

Someone really needs to post a landing tutorial video, I've done Nineline's landing mission like 10 times in a row, and there is no way for me to bring it down in one piece. This is officially the hardest module to land now.

See post #48, I'm landing without much trouble at all.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Ok finally managed to get it down in one piece. It only took me about 20 tries, the trick was as many here mentioned to be at about 290kph max, trimmed out, and to add power at the very last second to keep from smashing into the ground. But i discovered another problem. The parachute won't deploy. I keep pressing "p" to no avail. THe result was that I almost ran out of runway.

Maybe its the mission? Is there something else to press other than "p" for the parachute do deploy?

Please note Im using the quickstart landing mission with the the Mig29A.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Ok finally managed to get it down in one piece. But i discovered another problem. The parachute won't deploy. I keep pressing "p" to no avail.

Maybe its the mission? Is there something else to press other than "p" for the parachute do deploy?

Please note in the landing mission Im using the Mig29A.

Mine is opening ok, the key is "p".

It only gets to open one time, before you have to re-fuel and re-arm your aircraft again.

See if you are not opening it too soon, when you still have some nose pitch-up degrees.

As I believe it can hit the runway when opening and get stuck to the asphalt...

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system

'P' works fine here (it just saved my life).

The trouble I'm having with landing is that the pitch sensitivity is so extreme that if I dare bunt the nose after touch-down the nose-wheel slams into the tarmac and the aircraft rebounds back into the air and at that point I'm a passenger.

'P' works fine here (it just saved my life).

The trouble I'm having with landing is that the pitch sensitivity is so extreme that if I dare bunt the nose after touch-down the nose-wheel slams into the tarmac and the aircraft rebounds back into the air and at that point I'm a passenger.

Have you tried to re-assign the axis controls as I have sugested before?

System: MSI Z370 | i7 8700K | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 2080Ti | TM Warthog | Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | SA342 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | F-5E | A-10C | M-2000C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-14 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-21 | MiG-19P | MiG-15 | F-16C | JF-17 | L-39 | Mi-8MTV2 | KA-50 | Christen Eagle II | Yak-52 | Bf 109 K-4 | NTTR | Normandie | Persian Gulf | The Channel

Played around with it last night, first landing was abysmal crash died flipped, with 1500kg fuel it was struggle trying to maintain 260km/h the nose kept rocking up and down on approach which easily can compound into oscillations. My later half experience with the new flight model, I managed two landings and the sweet spot was 280km/h and it seems the throttle is really twitchy around the 80-90 percent range were it will climb that 10percent with little throttle movement, the flipside the RD-33s are extremely powerful and that little movement can easily bring the speed back up. Also noticed you have to constantly trim and she does not like the 1200km/h range as it will positively climb, and will be hard to nose down without going inverted. my axis are pitch 0deadzone ,100,100 15 curve and roll 5 deadzone 100 100, 15 curve.

Ok finally managed to get it down in one piece. It only took me about 20 tries, the trick was as many here mentioned to be at about 290kph max, trimmed out, and to add power at the very last second to keep from smashing into the ground. But i discovered another problem. The parachute won't deploy. I keep pressing "p" to no avail. THe result was that I almost ran out of runway.

Please note Im using the quickstart landing mission with the the Mig29A.

Believe I found your problem:

One has to press and release the "p" key very quickly.

Otherwise if you take some time to release the key, it will also count as drag-chute release function.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Just pulled off a sweaty landing with a blown right tire that I lost on takeoffjoystick.gif was very interesting to say the least

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

I really enjoy the new PFM; nice to see the 29 finally reaching it's full potential amongst the other PFM-based modules. Thanks ED!

Q: Does the 29 have a hi-gain NWS option? Also, does she have a NWS on/off toggle?

Thanks.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

You might have some form of AP channel on. Try and reset the AP, and then hit the trimmer reset.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com