DCS Civilian Mods

Joe_rowe

Hello,

I have created some models for civilian style mission creation. Mainly based on helicopter operations but not limited just to this.

The MOD currently contains:

6x Emergency service vehicles as ground units.

2x Follow Me vehicles.

1x Hospital Heliport with FARP properties.

3x Full land based Heliports, Temperate / Desert / Winter with FARP properties.

1x Large Helipad with FARP properties.

1x Small with FARP properties.

1x Large Helipad which can be placed on existing roofs.

1x Small Helipad which can be placed on existing roofs.

- A fleet of Emergency vehicles, both lit and unlit.

- Airfield lighting including Ramp Lights.

The MOD will have additions added as I make each one.

This thread is for Request / Bugs / discussion and general use of the MOD.

It would also be nice to see some images of how you are using the MOD.

Changes:

v1.0

2x Helipads.

v1.1

Added: Airfield Lights.

v1.2

Added: Emergency Vehicles.

v1.3

Added: Drivers to lit vehicles - Second Police Car.

v1.4

Added: Hospital building with heliport - Converted 2x helipads to heliports. (This allows starts from pads and counts landings in logbook)

v1.5

Added: Apron Lights 360 & 180, BTS. Reworked all lighting, increased range of ground lights.

v1.6

Added: 3x Heliports, Temperate / Desert / Winter - Some optimisations - Lighting optimisations.

v1.7

Added: 6x emergency vehicles as ground units.

Added: Windows to the back of the hospital.

Added: Gates to the heliport fence.

Optomised all models for better performance.

Optomised all textures for better performance.

v1.75

Added: Animated wheels for Ground unit vehicles.

Added: Animated lights for moving Ground unit vehicles.

v1.8

Added: 2x "Follow Me" animated ground untits.

Optomised vehicle glass for ground units.

v1.9

Added: Police Motorcycle animated ground units.

Optimised vehicle performance data to vary speed.

Re-scaled objects on hospital roof.

It can be downloaded from the ED user files area here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302094/

Enjoy and thanks for viewing.

JR

Up next - Airport Ground Service Vehicles

Images below:

1.thumb.jpg.b3d23d862b94af8deb193757f7406ac4.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.b9e6f719d89db0d2ebb9257e248b6d54.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.f0533f8acf669b66f1d4e8700983d00a.jpg

7.thumb.jpg.859ba5da95f6cd2d881b4a239808e9e8.jpg

Vehicles.thumb.jpg.7f24f20edfa4e2d2eb01f67808ac0048.jpg

HP-1.thumb.jpg.eec8c6d238249d5687abb1cf6360d9a0.jpg

HP-2.thumb.jpg.caa9ec4be74005a3d8a4cfe67bd349d3.jpg

HP-3.thumb.jpg.42bd2aaba78da1a8bf418b49364b989a.jpg

Picture-Main.thumb.jpg.e56d42347e8293ebc493d854ef4de34f.jpg

Picture-1.thumb.jpg.08e547316fb414bba2a8eee70239251a.jpg

Picture-2.thumb.jpg.de0cebf9b60ca9a8ab1ae0f3aabb7230.jpg

Lights.thumb.jpg.3c3e7f8c5bc5d013e207076568d52b7c.jpg

FM-1-1.thumb.jpg.8455f5c2e1e28e3ed3f196a590a2cb35.jpg

FM-1-2.thumb.jpg.b26af3fe3c7d8ea073bf2a841900c6c0.jpg

901741532_FollowMe.thumb.jpg.beeef5fe5b918b25c3c330f8f4b81b50.jpg

FM-1.thumb.jpg.949bae27bb7428fb7585de884e581aa9.jpg

Police-1.thumb.jpg.aae0587b0ab224327aca1f695c21eba9.jpg

Service.thumb.jpg.23cfae188dbf5e48c686227693931aa6.jpg

AP-GV.thumb.jpg.a19fba3bfd57ab9f663595435ccff5a3.jpg

Edited by Joe_rowe
  • Thanks 1

amazing stuff!

request: could you include or add a link to download some of the examples shown in the screenshot to be used as a mission template? i don't have the skill (or time) to create well-designed FARPs or bases and always love it when i can get immersed in another's fantastic work.

cheers!

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

amazing stuff!

request: could you include or add a link to download some of the examples shown in the screenshot to be used as a mission template? i don't have the skill (or time) to create well-designed FARPs or bases and always love it when i can get immersed in another's fantastic work.

cheers!

Hello,

You can download the current versions from the link above in my first post, the pictures here are showing some minor updates which I will release when I get back home (I am away for a week).

Or did you want a mission with these in?

Thanks

Edited by Joe_rowe

Hello,

You can download the current versions from the link above in my first post, the pictures here are showing some minor updates which I will release when I get back home (I am away for a week).

Or did you want a mission with these in?

Thanks

i guess i'm confused. i assumed your mod was a conglomeration of cool static pieces that you could then use to assemble into a base if you were so inclined (and talented).

i suck at arranging all of those pieces in the mission editor (it also takes a long long time to get right). so was wondering if you had mission file with pre-assembled bases that i can just fly around on?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

i guess i'm confused. i assumed your mod was a conglomeration of cool static pieces that you could then use to assemble into a base if you were so inclined (and talented).

i suck at arranging all of those pieces in the mission editor (it also takes a long long time to get right). so was wondering if you had mission file with pre-assembled bases that i can just fly around on?

Hello,

The heliports / models are "all in one" objects and not a conglomeration, all you have to do is place it on a map and place any aircraft you want to fly on them in mission editor. I cant create any missions at this time as I am away from home for a week and do not have DCS on my laptop. Give it a go and see how you get on. If you are unable, I can put a couple of mission files on this forum next week.

Thanks

Edited by Joe_rowe

excellent work. is it possible to add some little roads and some concrete or asphalt areas, fences and walls, bushes and trees and little groups of them etc.? thank you very much for your hard work, every little detail make dcs better and better. . .

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, are you asking for the above items to be added to existing models or stand alone items?

What I tend to do is place the objects on the map in areas that are already wooded, or place the hospital next to a road in a town for example, this works OK.

I am fully open to enhancing the models for the better.

Thanks

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, are you asking for the above items to be added to existing models or stand alone items?

What I tend to do is place the objects on the map in areas that are already wooded, or place the hospital next to a road in a town for example, this works OK.

I am fully open to enhancing the models for the better.

Thanks

hello and thank you for response! i would be very happy to see these things / trees, bushes, little forrests, parks, pavements, industrial areas (ground layers with tarmac and concrete. . . and so on) stand alone available in the mission editor to create some new areas or scenarios or populate the existing ones!

thank you for this fantastic work! will we be able to use vehicles - firemen, cop, ambulance as a units, not statics? it can bring whole new horizons for civilian mission building!!!

MB: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E \ CPU: i9-9900K NZXT Kraken X52\ DDR4: 3000MHz G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 32Gb RAM \

VID: MSI Nvidia RTX4070 12GB \ MON: Samsung ue49ks8000 49'', Lilliput 8'' x2

CNTRL: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog \ Saitek Combat Rudder pedals \ TrackIR 5 \ Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack

thank you for this fantastic work! will we be able to use vehicles - firemen, cop, ambulance as a units, not statics? it can bring whole new horizons for civilian mission building!!!

Hello,

I think you can already, a user has reported that if you add the object through the "fortifications" menu in mission editor you can add waypoints etc. I have not tried this.

However the objects models are not facing the direction of travel in version 1.6, but I have already rotated them all for version 1.7 which I will try to upload as soon as I can.

I will also investigate the LUA coding to add all models as ground units and not just statics as they will be much better in missions.

I hope this helps

Cheers

Hello,

I think you can already, a user has reported that if you add the object through the "fortifications" menu in mission editor you can add waypoints etc. I have not tried this.

However the objects models are not facing the direction of travel in version 1.6, but I have already rotated them all for version 1.7 which I will try to upload as soon as I can.

I will also investigate the LUA coding to add all models as ground units and not just statics as they will be much better in missions.

I hope this helps

Cheers

just tested cop car as fortification obj. indeed, you can assign waypoints but an objects is still static when mission starts( however, keep up you fantastic work, you're making a history here! :thumbup:

MB: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E \ CPU: i9-9900K NZXT Kraken X52\ DDR4: 3000MHz G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 32Gb RAM \

VID: MSI Nvidia RTX4070 12GB \ MON: Samsung ue49ks8000 49'', Lilliput 8'' x2

CNTRL: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog \ Saitek Combat Rudder pedals \ TrackIR 5 \ Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack

The answer is YES, I have converted them to units with assignable waypoints and speeds etc. and will release them as soon as I get time, I have some other stuff to update first.

Thanks

just tested cop car as fortification obj. indeed, you can assign waypoints but an objects is still static when mission starts( however, keep up you fantastic work, you're making a history here! :thumbup:

Hello,

This has been fixed and now and they will show as unarmed ground units which do move. I will release when I get some time along with some other updates.

Thanks

finally got this to work. and it is soooo cool. i set up a fleet of giant oil rigs and have helicopters and boats zooming all over like its a party. many thanks and can't wait to see where this mod goes next.

• 2 weeks later...

@ joe rowe

Very nice mod. I have been waiting for cars with flashing lights a long time.

Don`t misunderstand me, but imho the cars look a littlebit too clean. Some "dirt" like they get in every day use would let them look more realistic. In a way the grey ambulance looks right now.

And at nighttime the flashing lights are extremly bright.

These little changes would make this beautiful mod even better. make it a 1+++ !

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Hi guys,

I am pretty sure it is somewhere but I cannot find it in the stickies. I do not want to hijack this thread, but someone could point me out how to install objects mods like this one?

Also I guess that if I write a mission using those, there are not imported in the mission? Meaning that if I share the mission they will need to install that mod first. (just want to confirm)

Thanks!