HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

I just want to chime in on this thread as being one of the more informative ones in this forum. Thank you to all that have received and troubleshot the Reverb since you received your headsets. I finally met a window of opportunity to purchase the headset and am looking forward to implementing all your lessons learned.

I would have been a day 1, also, if I was quick enough for it. But hey, even the late bird can find a worm, even if it's dried up on the sidewalk.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

I think I got the first Reverb in the US being used for DCS and the worm was a bit sick back then but it was love at first sight. :P

I just want to chime in on this thread as being one of the more informative ones in this forum. Thank you to all that have received and troubleshot the Reverb since you received your headsets. I finally met a window of opportunity to purchase the headset and am looking forward to implementing all your lessons learned.

I would have been a day 1, also, if I was quick enough for it. But hey, even the late bird can find a worm, even if it's dried up on the sidewalk.

Edited by Secoda

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

1565612923-rev.jpg

There could be a million reasons for that. Sounds like it worked, and if it was blacking out it might be a cable issue, or a low power issue.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Ive been chasing the dried worm. **Update. ShopBLT got back to me and said they're processing my order. Didnt mention whether it was instock (website listing is sold out and on a pre-order basis), but it was inferred based on the verbiage of their reply. Looking forward to this one!

**2nd update. ShopBLT came through. They did, in fact, reserve a Reverb with my purchase order and they're shipping it today. Way to go. Whew. Finally managed to snag one.

Edited by msgreene77

Intel i7 8700K / ASRock Pro 4 / 32 Gb Patriot Viper 3200mhz DDR4 / Founders Edition RTX2080 / 250 Gb Westgate SSD for OS / 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD / Win 10 - 64bit / HP Reverb / VKB Combat Stick & Thrustmaster WarthogThrottle / MFG Crosswinds Pedals / 32 Input Button Box / Saitek Throttle Quadrant

I'm just gonna wait until these are available on Amazon. Amazon returns are so easy today even if I have to wait until 2020 to get one. I don't want to deal with third parties involved. By the sound of what I've read here doesn't sound like dealing with HP would be difficult but at least time it would be time consuming.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I have found returns to be:

Best Buy best (for me as an elite plus member 45 days on returns)

Amazon and HP both good and about the same

I would not worry about any of them. Free shipping labels and prompt credits.

I'm just gonna wait until these are available on Amazon. Amazon returns are so easy today even if I have to wait until 2020 to get one. I don't want to deal with third parties involved. By the sound of what I've read here doesn't sound like dealing with HP would be difficult but at least time it would be time consuming.

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

It has finally happened to me, my Reverb has officially crapped out. I started getting the intermittent switching back and forth between the HMD and the default audio output, then a couple of black screens. Then came random USB disconnect sounds. Now, the only thing that happens when I plug it in is WMR recognizing that it has been connected with the little circle of dots, then I get a USB error telling me to connect the headset to a USB 3.1 port. Haven't had a single problem with this thing until yesterday. On top of all that, my Reverb Pro warranty, which was a 3 year warranty has suddenly changed into a 1 year warranty for the same unit. I'm pretty sure that is illegal for them to change the terms of a warranty that you already agreed to. Extremely disappointed in HP. They'd better make this right. I'm thinking about just demanding a full refund, since the warranty thing is nothing short of dirty pool. :mad:

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I have found returns to be:

Best Buy best (for me as an elite plus member 45 days on returns)

Amazon and HP both good and about the same

I would not worry about any of them. Free shipping labels and prompt credits.

Yea I have 30 days to return to best buy too because of elite member status or whatever they call it. I'll keep waiting and see what happens but I'd like to get back into dcs at some point.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

That is weird. The one I had still says 35 months remaining on warranty as I just logged on to HP Support. I wonder who has it now.

It has finally happened to me, my Reverb has officially crapped out. I started getting the intermittent switching back and forth between the HMD and the default audio output, then a couple of black screens. Then came random USB disconnect sounds. Now, the only thing that happens when I plug it in is WMR recognizing that it has been connected with the little circle of dots, then I get a USB error telling me to connect the headset to a USB 3.1 port. Haven't had a single problem with this thing until yesterday. On top of all that, my Reverb Pro warranty, which was a 3 year warranty has suddenly changed into a 1 year warranty for the same unit. I'm pretty sure that is illegal for them to change the terms of a warranty that you already agreed to. Extremely disappointed in HP. They'd better make this right. I'm thinking about just demanding a full refund, since the warranty thing is nothing short of dirty pool. :mad:

That is weird. The one I had still says 35 months remaining on warranty as I just logged on to HP Support. I wonder who has it now.

I imagine that since you already returned yours to HP, they're no longer worried about having to honor a warranty that they apparently are now regretting having offered in the first place. Mine did say it expired in June of 2022, but now it says "June 2020-11 months remaining"

Not looking forward to having to deal with it, since almost every tech support experience these days requires a UN interpreter. I guess I'll be back on the CV1 for a while, and hope for great things with the Acer ConceptD Ojo. HP is going to have to do something spectacular to regain my trust after the whole warranty thing.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Wasn't the Reverb recalled/partially recalled due to screen issus and that's why Best Buy pulled it (and also why some places have very limited supply with no scheduled replenishments)?

If not, why did Best Buy pull it? I was looking to pick one up and try it out...but no way I'm getting one without a Amazon/Best Buy level return policy. :/

Edited by JG27_Arklight

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

Wasn't the Reverb recalled/partially recalled due to screen issus and that's why Best Buy pulled it (and also why some places have very limited supply with no scheduled replenishments)?

If not, why did Best Buy pull it? I was looking to pick one up and try it out...but no way I'm getting one without a Amazon/Best Buy level return policy. :/

That's not really a recall. It's just best buy and amazon deciding not to sell it while versions with the issues may still be out there. An actual recall I would expect HP to say something publicly and allow everyone who got one to send theirs in for an exchange. Probably too low on supply to deal with that. Either way it was a crappy launch for them.

That's not really a recall. It's just best buy and amazon deciding not to sell it while versions with the issues may still be out there. An actual recall I would expect HP to say something publicly and allow everyone who got one to send theirs in for an exchange. Probably too low on supply to deal with that. Either way it was a crappy launch for them.
I am pretty sure HP recalled stock from retailers to test them and deal with those already sold on a case by case basis to replace them or refund as necessary.

I have an original and it works fine so I think it is a matter of weeding out the rogue units and putting in better QA processes and production fixes for future ones.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I imagine that since you already returned yours to HP, they're no longer worried about having to honor a warranty that they apparently are now regretting having offered in the first place. Mine did say it expired in June of 2022, but now it says "June 2020-11 months remaining"

Not looking forward to having to deal with it, since almost every tech support experience these days requires a UN interpreter. I guess I'll be back on the CV1 for a while, and hope for great things with the Acer ConceptD Ojo. HP is going to have to do something spectacular to regain my trust after the whole warranty thing.

Looks like the Acer is not going to have the same resolution as the HP see video

https://store.acer.com/en-my/acer-ojo-500

Looks like the Acer is not going to have the same resolution as the HP see video

https://store.acer.com/en-my/acer-ojo-500

The OJO 500 and ConceptD OJO are 2 different headsets.

Yes, the names and similar designs are confusing...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I've been following the Acer Ojo Conceptd for a while, and it really hasn't had notified news since late April/early May. It was sold commercially, but there has been zero mention (to the best of my knowledge) that it would be sold as a consumer product. Acer has been silent about it for months. There is no guarantee the new Ojo HMD will even be released to us. I wanted it waaaaay more than the Reverb, but at the end of the day, is it better to wait and not enjoy the time you have, or jump on the Reverb and have the same clarity now (barring IPD adjustments)?

For me, it was Reverb. It has a 1 year warranty to cover mishaps. Pretty much the same risk as any electronic device. I'm willing to dive in and pay my dues so I can fly now and enjoy DCS at the best quality resolution a VR can provide.

Intel i7 8700K / ASRock Pro 4 / 32 Gb Patriot Viper 3200mhz DDR4 / Founders Edition RTX2080 / 250 Gb Westgate SSD for OS / 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD / Win 10 - 64bit / HP Reverb / VKB Combat Stick & Thrustmaster WarthogThrottle / MFG Crosswinds Pedals / 32 Input Button Box / Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Where do you do this, do you have to register it?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Speaking of the Reverb, I just checked and it is available on the HP website, due to ship 08/21/2019, if anyone is looking to buy direct from them.

Speaking of the Reverb, I just checked and it is available on the HP website, due to ship 08/21/2019, if anyone is looking to buy direct from them.

Damnit! Amazon has stock again too. Laptop or Reverb?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Still up on HP site, I pulled the trigger, not sure if I’m excited or worried about the wife’s reaction. Now regretting not buying her a gift on her bday last month.

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

Are these the new versions?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Are these the new versions?

nobody knows (yet).

They come with a cable clip, the same which already was available weeks ago. It seems to fix the connection-issues, but I really can't call that a *solution*.

Regarding the other known issues we need to wait for what people report.

Mine is ready to be picked up at the dealer, but I'll wait a few more days.

Ryzen 3700X, 2080ti, 32GB, HP Reverb, Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog, Crosswind, SFX-100 motion rig :thumbup:

Just ordered from Australian HP site. In stock and $999aud ($678usd) inc GST and free delivery. Nice change to see we are not being price gouged which is the norm over here. So without our gst tax we are paying approx $618 usd equivalent. Very fair.

Edited by Macka

There we were....two against a thousand.....so what'd we do....Shotem' both!!!!

Intel core I5-9600, GB RTX 2080TI@2050Mhz, Asus ROG Strix Z390, 32GB G.Skill ddr4 3000 Ram. 40" Philips 4K monitor, HP Reverb, Vive Pro, Rift CV1, TMWH and SimXperience Motion Sim, Lime green jocks, Jack Daniels 1770, 2 packs Marlborough, etc etc etc...:megalol: