Roccat Power-grid

Take a look at this : http://www.power-grid.roccat.org/?page=overview

I see lots of possibilities for using this. The iOS version beta is under way and now they need Android testers.

Sounds like the app will be free and you have to pay if you want more than 2 "tabs"

I'm excited cause theres really nothing worthwhile for Android currently...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

• 1 year later...

Any-one tried this?

Edited by hakjar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Just found out myself this software :), however I see there is not much discussions about it over here. I will give it a try ASAP but it looks for me extremly promising. Is anybody experiencing bad things about it?

Hi gents,

I'm playing around with that software. Looks great, but I have encountered one serious restriction: out of the box it can't send combinations with Right CTRL key. I'm trying to build workaround solution for DCS.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Hi gents,

here is my initial Plugin for DCS World design.

• One control set for FC3 plane: Su-27 commands (279 virtual buttons);
  • Two control sets for DCS planes: A-10C commands (839 virtual buttons) and L-39C commands (290 virtual buttons);
  • One control set for DCS helicopter: UH-1H commands (493 virtual buttons).

Please give it a try. If you like it, feel free to support the project or ask for a free key.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...
I have a problem with this app, when i run dcs only works the volumen controls, heeeelllppppp

You need to assign the correct keystrokes to the Power Grid...

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

I have used this program for years, some things are a bit hit and miss, but for what I needed it to do it worked perfectly. Never could get it to work with DCS before Andre took on the project.

Thanks Andre.

Anything with a Rotary Wing is fun and challenging.

Use SRS radio.

Saitek X55 Modding

System Specs

Mixed Metals: i7 4790K@4.6, 32GB Kingston HyperX ram@2400Mhz, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, ASUS Vega 64, 3xSamsung SSD drives, FSP Aurum 1000W PSU, Custom watercooling with EK blocks, Vive, Virpil MT 50, X55 throttle.

I have used this program for years, some things are a bit hit and miss, but for what I needed it to do it worked perfectly. Never could get it to work with DCS before Andre took on the project.

Thanks Andre.

Really?

I thought nobody is interested in my Power Grid plugins and was going to close the project...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Really?

I thought nobody is interested in my Power Grid plugins and was going to close the project...

Haven't downloaded it yet, but it looks really cool! Will be playing with it tonight.

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Yes of course ! It's like having a Warthog or Thrustmaster MFDs except that you can define the buttons look and where you want to put then on your tablet ;)

The most usefull grid I made for me is the NADIR panel for the Gazelle : it was nearly impossible for me to fly and to enter new waypoints at the same time :thumbup:

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

• 6 months later...

Andres>

Hi. Appreciate that this project has been closed from a development perspective.

Is it still possible to download your grid, as created for the Huey? I'd love to give it a try and appreciate that you wouldn't be investing further time into it's refinement.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I want to use Power Grid with DCS, but RCTRL isn't working.

Andre can you please enable a download link of your project?

Is there another workaround available?

How did you solve the problem in your project?

Regards

Kal

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Hi Kal,

Andre can you please enable a download link of your project?

No, that's not easy.

How did you solve the problem in your project?

I converted Roccat button commands into DCS Export API control commands, avoiding keyboard input in the middle at all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Andre,

thank you for your quick response.

I'm willing to spend some time to get your project to work again, if you give me the code and some support. But I don't know if it is possible.

Regards

Kal

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

I'm a system administrator.

I've learned basics of c and c++ programming years ago.

But in the last time I programmed only some small tools with Java, Perl and VisualBasic.

I'm not sure if I'm able to make it work again. But it's a shame that Power Grid isn't fully working with DCS.

Regards Kal

Power Grid has so much potential, I can't imagine flying without it. I cant understand why more people do not use it.

The down side is Roccat abandoned it and they did not open source it, so do not expect new features or bugfixes.

It is still very usable with some limitations (RCtrl issues, some missing features like different grid sizes, horizontal orientation...). for me personaly the biggest issue is RCtrl problem which prevents mapping to default DCS commands requireing you to change some shortcuts in DCS.

I made some grids for my own use, and shared them:

Mirage 2000

https://www.roccat.org/en-US/Products/Gaming-Software/Power-Grid/Store/Grids/Games/Simulation/1025/

DCS FC3 general profile (for russian aircraft)

https://www.roccat.org/en-US/Products/Gaming-Software/Power-Grid/Store/Grids/Games/Simulation/1000/

I was even thinking of building a clone of Power Grid myself, but do not have the time to do it on my own.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MATRIC developer

Check out MATRIC and forget about keyboard shortcuts