C-101 update

Vibora

A-10 and Ka-50 are ancient, and DCS had two major graphics engine changes since then, so they are a different story. Some of the other modules also got slight changes because they had to after PBR was introduced. Then there's Mirage, but it's cockpit wasn't up there with others visually before, which I think 101 is, at least as far as I recall from using it the last.

A-10C just received the cockpit update, the KA-50 is receiving one later, and then others older modules, possibly set the F-5E among first ones.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 2 months later...

This is our latest changelog, in case someone missed it. A tiny one, but better than nothing.

DCS C-101 Aviojet by AvioDev

Kneeboard is now not visible in the internal view when the pilot is not present.

Moving the front cockpit air diffuser will not hide/show the control stick.

Updated Caucasus cold start QS mission. (Replaced AI C-130 by Yak-52 since it was too large for the parking positions at that airport).

There will be more interesting updates in following Open Beta versions.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the nice set of updates, guys.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4251208#post4251208

I appreciate you fixing the seat motor sound which has been a pet peeve of mine. :) And thanks for making the cockpit inputs standard. On that note, I found one little bug? where the ejection seat is activated by the right mouse button instead of the left. Probably should be left button to be consistent with the rest of the cockpit.

Thanks much for the changes to the FM as well. We can now aerobrake on landing. :) Seems a little easier to trim the plane now to level flight or is that just my imagination?

Edited by kontiuka

Welcome Kontiuka. You are right, it should be easier to trim now.

Regarding ejection seat handle, the convention is that a right click of mouse button sets a switch up and following the same reasoning a right click would move the handle up (pull the handle), and left click to push it down. You can also use Control plus E three times as in other modules, as you for sure know.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Wow..cool..!
Yup. Pilot harness looks considerably better. And gauge lighting is different. Looks pretty good. Wonder if there are any other improvements coming.

One little bug-a-boo of mine is the front canopy frame / arch. It seems to have 2 different textures - one along the top and another on the sides. I think the top texture is a left-over from the last texture rework. Would love to see that fixed.

Thank you for the updates and your work on this beautiful module

I9-13900K 5.6Ghz / MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI/ 128Gb 6000MHz/ RTX 4090/ Asus RogXG279Q/ TM Hotas Warthog/ Saitek X65F/ ThrustMaster TPR Worldwide version/ TrackIR 5/ HP G2 / Logitech  G13. etc All Modules All Terrains

Just some minor improvements, hard to see it. We are preparing a large update of both cockpits anyway, it will be ready in a few weeks.

Nice!! Looking forward to this! :)

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

• 3 weeks later...

We have been working on new cockpit textures that are nearly finished, just missing some minor items. We could have released it in last DCS Open beta build, but we decided to have it fully finished so that you get a satisfactory experience from the first moment.

You can see some screenshots in our Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/Aviodev

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We have been working on new cockpit textures that are nearly finished, just missing some minor items. We could have released it in last DCS Open beta build, but we decided to have it fully finished so that you get a satisfactory experience from the first moment.

You can see some screenshots in our Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/Aviodev

Nice. Looks cleaner and the night lighting doesn't seem as harsh. Especially the floods.

Question. Have you fixed the little issue where the wear around the gauge housings would light up when you turned on gauge lights? It looks like it might be fixed by that one night shot but can't totally tell.

Anyways, thanks for the continued effort on the module.

Nice. Looks cleaner and the night lighting doesn't seem as harsh. Especially the floods.

Question. Have you fixed the little issue where the wear around the gauge housings would light up when you turned on gauge lights? It looks like it might be fixed by that one night shot but can't totally tell.

Anyways, thanks for the continued effort on the module.

Thank you! I don't recall having got any report about such bug. Do you have a screenshot?

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Take the IFF control panel for example in the screenshot. It seems like the wear around the edges is a luminescent orange that brightens as you increase lighting. I guess it is supposed to be reflected light but on some of the gauges, it looks like it's own light source.

I never opened a bug report on it since it is a minor thing and you guys are busy with other stuff. Just figured I'd bring it up since you are doing a texture rework.

Screen_200618_184744.thumb.png.7b37aa6d820abd3c149d52abe2ee067f.png

• 2 weeks later...
Take the IFF control panel for example in the screenshot. It seems like the wear around the edges is a luminescent orange that brightens as you increase lighting. I guess it is supposed to be reflected light but on some of the gauges, it looks like it's own light source.

I never opened a bug report on it since it is a minor thing and you guys are busy with other stuff. Just figured I'd bring it up since you are doing a texture rework.

When a panel or instrument loses it's paint due to wear, the integral light will be seen through it, this was simply overdone in previous version (too much wear or, in other words, too much percent of total surface with wear). It will look better with new textures.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]