DCS: P-47D-30 Discussion

Barrett_g

No, that I didn't know. I wonder how that works and if there are any limits in what that can handle before going overboost. I mean, if you dive wildly from a turbocharger altitude everything should go beyond green lines, turbo rpm of course but either regular MP controlled by a throttle which would be slammed into the control panel. That boost regulator could handle that?

All sort of cowl flaps are of course something more to keep an eye on, but in the end those aren't that hard to control or the mess some other tittles made people believe :smilewink: . To be honest I've flown only one aircraft featuring them, and that was only one cowl flap, but still it was quite a simple management.

S!

I think throttle type boost regulator can handle a lot but is it safe for engine i think not,but you should not see 100' on MP gage :)

If pilot would left turbo lever at max and start backing up throttle turbo rpm should drop too,since less air/fule getting in to engine = less energy in exhaust gases, if pilot reduce engine rpm it will reduce turbo rpm too,similar situation would be when pilot would dive with full power, boost regulator still would be able to limit boost but air/fuel mixture would go up. So engine will not deal with infinite boost from supercharger which could not handle by throttling.

but air fule mixture would be heat up to very dangerous temperatures cousing knock in engine or even detonations before entering combustion chamber definetly not healthy thing for engine.

Idont know how this boost lever working exactly do pilot have direct control over exaust gases flowing in to supercharger or is it done vie some semi automatic system.

I just though off another factor which will limit turbo rpm,ambient pressure, when you diving ambien pressure will rise up exaust pressure will remain the same or will drop a little bit so turbo will slow down.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

OMG please stop with all the wonderful talks of Turbo/Superchargers, Intercoolers, overboost, this lever, that lever, regulators, flaps, cowls and so many engine management switches I could swoon.

She is going to be a magnificent beast if managed properly, and you guys are killing me with all this nerd speak! Gimme my P-47 already!!

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

OMG please stop with all the wonderful talks of Turbo/Superchargers, Intercoolers, overboost, this lever, that lever, regulators, flaps, cowls and so many engine management switches I could swoon.

She is going to be a magnificent beast if managed properly, and you guys are killing me with all this nerd speak! Gimme my P-47 already!!

So sorry mr. But i wont stop unless forum moderators would put it in forum rules then and only then i will stop.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

So sorry mr. But i wont stop unless forum moderators would put it in forum rules then and only then i will stop.

Well, then, I guess I am resigned to dreaming of these systems while we wait.

:thumbup:

JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

For all you wannabe Jug riders, a little something to wet your appetite whilst you await the "7-ton milk bottle":

http://vintageaviationecho.com/p-47-thunderbolt-nellie/

Thoroughly fabulous article.

Great article. Many interesting hands on details on for example how cutting the throttle to quickly on the ground can damage the engine because of the propellers heavy inertia. Turning 18 blades to avoid hydraulic lockup. 10 min warm up. I wish details like this gets included. There's always the "Start on runway" for the impatient and for time constrained multiplayer missions.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

I know resources are concentrating on other modules but I seriously cannot wait for this aeroplane. It is by far my favourite WW2 fighter and have been lucky to have been up, close and personal to P-47G 'Snafu'. There is something about the Thunderbolt's size and presence that has amazed me for years and to be able to fly it in DCS, fully modelled will be awesome! Can't wait to jump in and fly it in VR!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• ED Team
I know resources are concentrating on other modules but I seriously cannot wait for this aeroplane. It is by far my favourite WW2 fighter and have been lucky to have been up, close and personal to P-47G 'Snafu'. There is something about the Thunderbolt's size and presence that has amazed me for years and to be able to fly it in DCS, fully modelled will be awesome! Can't wait to jump in and fly it in VR!

The P-47 is in active development right now.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Remember, ED has a WW2 team, working on P-47, Mosquito, initial stages of Me262 and more.

Remember, ED has a WW2 team, working on P-47, Mosquito, initial stages of Me262 and more.
This is awesome to hear... I wasn't aware

My aviation passion is WW2 but none more so than the P-47... We are lucky to have one back in the UK!

can you PLEASE make the P-47 compatible with the carrier's catapult? after all that is how planes were deliveredin real life, and it would make for a very interesting gameplay.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 5820K, 32GB DDR4, 3x250GB SSD RAID0, nVidia GTX 1080, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Virpil WarBird base with Thrustmaster Warthog grip, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals - 2484.

The P-47 is in active development right now.

Active or not, How many years has it been in Development? How many Kick starters have already pass waiting to receive what they paid for. Quick question, What other planes have taken this many years in development before being released? Thanks TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

can you PLEASE make the P-47 compatible with the carrier's catapult? after all that is how planes were deliveredin real life, and it would make for a very interesting gameplay.

First we need carrier from ww2 era :) And this is only one way ticket for p-47, it wasnt it's operationa envirmoment so realy no point of implementing this,

We are getting Corsair some day for this purpose.

Beside you can land and t/o any warbird in DCS on carrier right now :) w/o need of wire or catapult.

In case of p-47 it may be a problem it weights almost twice as p-51.

Edited by grafspee

Active or not, How many years has it been in Development? How many Kick starters have already pass waiting to receive what they paid for. Quick question, What other planes have taken this many years in development before being released? Thanks TC

Take it easy TC.

The P-47, 262 and the K-4 were never supposed to be EDs responsibility in the 1st place; Ilya Shevchenko and his team were supposed to be carrying the can on the WW2 content, a can they quite resoundingly dropped and it's only thanks to EDs commitment to honour those who backed the kickstarter - which they were not obliged to - we have any WW2 content beyond the P-51 and the Dora at all.

Luthier made a lot of promises without doing the background checks as to whether the data was there to support their creation, and the Jug is a case in point. None of the factory wind tunnel test data from the era appears to have survived, a fire in the old Republic factory design buildings meaning the only reliable source for these literally went up in smoke. ED have had to go to great expense and take the time in order to use Computational Flow Modelling - a very labour and time-intensive process - in order to provide meaningful and reliable aerodynamic and drag data for the FM.

Now I'm the first to be on EDs case in critiquing some of the decisions that have been made around certain design/chronology/asset decisions, and also at the somewhat glacial rate of development of a lot of these elements, however I also understand that what they do is not simple, that they have a broad base of simulation interests to cover and that software development is particularly prone to set backs from the unexpected.

We have a new DM inbound that promises to be a quantum leap above what is currently available in DCS, looks like AI aircraft have been waiting in the wings on this to be completed; both the Jug and the Mossie look to be not a million miles off and we're expecting a revitalised Normandy map and further asset pack additions in the future also. The 262 might be longer term but that's the way this cookie crumbles.

So I understand your frustration but ED have a lot on their plate; vitriol won't help them get through it any faster.

• ED Team

Not many, there has been a lot of research going into it, and the lack of good documents has put it on the back burner for a lot of the time for other WWII modules. But this has been explained many times. Its only been in game, internally, maybe a year at most, then the external model has already recently been redone, no sense putting out a model that is already aging.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Take it easy TC.

The P-47, 262 and the K-4 were never supposed to be EDs responsibility in the 1st place; Ilya Shevchenko and his team were supposed to be carrying the can on the WW2 content, a can they quite resoundingly dropped and it's only thanks to EDs commitment to honour those who backed the kickstarter - which they were not obliged to - we have any WW2 content beyond the P-51 and the Dora at all.

. . .

So I understand your frustration but ED have a lot on their plate; vitriol won't help them get through it any faster.

Here here! Good sir! Original Kickstarter donator, and as you indicate, very happy that ED picked that particular train wreck up.

We are fortunate they have worked on WWII modules and delivered over time, the pace is accelerating now, and the FM for these new birds should be marvelous! Waiting for both the Jug and the Swallow. :thumbup::thumbup:

The Mossie has the first aircraft module, outside the KS and will be the first multiengine and multicrew WW2 aircraft on DCS. I expect see them after the Jug and previously to the Me262

Surelly with help of TFC (The Fighter Collection) can see more and more modules after the KS has been completed, in fact with the release of the Jug, only missing the Me262 module. Not bad if after them can be a A-20G, Ju-88 and others.

About WW2 assets pack, has some AI units into DCS, no implemented yet, and on Newsletter the number has been inclease. Surelly the list can "overpass" the initial plannings and continue adding more and more unit. Expected see if ED use the "ground crew" technoloty on Supercarrier to improve the WW2 and modern infantry on DCS in a future.

Here here! Good sir! Original Kickstarter donator, and as you indicate, very happy that ED picked that particular train wreck up.

We are fortunate they have worked on WWII modules and delivered over time, the pace is accelerating now, and the FM for these new birds should be marvelous! Waiting for both the Jug and the Swallow. :thumbup::thumbup:

Quoted for truth- same here. Original Kickstarter backer of DCS WWII.

ED Showed great consideration in the way they handled this- it took a bit to find the right formula but they did it.

First we need carrier from ww2 era :) And this is only one way ticket for p-47, it wasnt it's operationa envirmoment so realy no point of implementing this,

We are getting Corsair some day for this purpose.

Beside you can land and t/o any warbird in DCS on carrier right now :) w/o need of wire or catapult.

In case of p-47 it may be a problem it weights almost twice as p-51.

Come on we were landing all kind of planes on carriers for a while now. I am sure the P47 will land on a DCS carrier with or without this feature, so why not make it compatible with a carrier catapult and be done with it? As for WW2 carrier, I am sure it will come at some point. There was some talk about making the F4U and that means an older carrier. WW2 or maybe Korea.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 5820K, 32GB DDR4, 3x250GB SSD RAID0, nVidia GTX 1080, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Virpil WarBird base with Thrustmaster Warthog grip, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals - 2484.

There was some talk about making the F4U and that means an older carrier. WW2 or maybe Korea.

Just becasue a Corsair is in development (by leatherneck simulations - https://www.facebook.com/leatherneck.simulations/photos/a.1603722746517064/2270083499880982/?type=3&theater) does NOT mean that, necessarily, a period carrier is also on the way.

There has not been any statement or comittment from ED or any third party toward the development of a period carrier. - this turns out to be wrong

The safest conclusion is that no such carrier is planned.

Edited by philstyle

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Come on we were landing all kind of planes on carriers for a while now. I am sure the P47 will land on a DCS carrier with or without this feature, so why not make it compatible with a carrier catapult and be done with it?

That is funny, because how can you possible imagine to apply catapult from modern carrier to p-47,This is DCS not fortnite lol. I can tell you for 100% that this will not happen.

And probably p-47 will be able to t/o w/o catapult anyway using full lenth of carrier's airstrip

Edited by grafspee

… There has not been any statement or comittment from ED or any third party toward the development of a period carrier …
I think back in time it was said by Leatherneck a full Iwojima scenery was the idea for the Corsair, which obviously includes a carrier. But I guess right now with the changes in the third party may be it can no longer be assumed that will happen, even though it makes sense for the model.

Anyway I don't see it as a must for the P-47, no matter how they were carried to Europe or not.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice