SU27 + BVR...?

m1tp2king

OK so I was reading a guide on the internet about how to fight BVR with the SU27.

basically the guide said to forget BVR engagement because the SU27 missiles are crap !

how would you recommend me to fight BVR flying the SU27 ?

the guide said I should fly low and use the mountains for cover?

is it true to forget BVR with the SU27 ? Enable ECM? Use radar?

many thanks.

Edited by m1tp2king

I guess it all depends on 1) whether you are flying against the AI or a human opponent. If the former, BVR engagements work fine assuming you know what you're doing. Against a human opponent things are more problematic and, generally, BVR engagements will go less well for a number of reasons. Some of those reasons have to do with the missiles' limitations. Others have to do with how your opponent handles his platform.

ECM has its uses but it's important to know when to and when not to use it. I use it sparingly myself and only turn it one when it serves my purposes.

Use radar when necessary. Leave it off when the situation demands it.

The answers to some of these questions can fill books because the answer always begins: It depends...

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

OK so I was reading a guide on the internet about how to fight BVR with the SU27.

basically the guide said to forget BVR engagement because the SU27 missiles are crap !

how would you recommend me to fight BVR flying the SU27 ?

the guide said I should fly low and use the mountains for cover?

is it true to forget BVR with the SU27 ? Enable ECM? Use radar?

many thanks.

I'm guessing the guide you read was describing how to fight in multiplayer as a lone wolf.

Most servers in mp are more about getting kills rather than controlling airspace.

The best BVR is done the same no matter what aircraft you fly - high and fast. This way you maximise missile range and situational awareness.

Flying around in the valleys will give you a great insight into how effective a Flanker can be but it won't help you understand the BVR fight or how to get the most out of the Flanker.

If you want to BVR in a Flanker online then forget about the kills and concentrate on staying alive and holding ground, practice scanning patterns, long range engagement profiles and learning the cues when your opponents are overrunning you. Understand about F15 TWS shots, when to recognise what your opponent is doing, when you're being outperformed and always prioritise your virtual life.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

That's not high ;)

Put a 2 in front....

Assuming he's talking about 8000 meters and not feet, he was just about there. :)

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

force your opponent to lose his 120s then turn around and he should be closer.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I'm guessing the guide you read was describing how to fight in multiplayer as a lone wolf.

Most servers in mp are more about getting kills rather than controlling airspace.

The best BVR is done the same no matter what aircraft you fly - high and fast. This way you maximise missile range and situational awareness.

Flying around in the valleys will give you a great insight into how effective a Flanker can be but it won't help you understand the BVR fight or how to get the most out of the Flanker.

If you want to BVR in a Flanker online then forget about the kills and concentrate on staying alive and holding ground, practice scanning patterns, long range engagement profiles and learning the cues when your opponents are overrunning you. Understand about F15 TWS shots, when to recognise what your opponent is doing, when you're being outperformed and always prioritise your virtual life.

+1 on what Frostie said. That has been my experience of many years flying the Flanker in a MP environment.

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64