[REPORTED]UN Pilot Mission 3

Madog

• 2 weeks later...

Aha, thanks - I'm relieved to see this thread.

I spent a couple of days struggling to follow the Hinds when they stop to almost a hover, and then rise to go over steep hills. I can slow down, I can rise, but I found it hard to slow/stop and then climb without burning out the engine.

I completed the mission eventually, by staying significantly behind/above the Hinds.

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Hi guys

I have reported this issue.

hopefully we will see a change in this mission in the future, the erratic low flying is annoying :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good to know it isn't just me finding it really hard to follow. I'm somewhat new to helicopter flying in DCS, was actually looking for tips on following erratic wings, but I see this is considered something that needs fixing.

I had to reduce collective and pull up hard so often that eventually I stalled and crashed. But was good practice and I did manage to get 30 minutes into the flight.

Look forward to a future fix for the campaign.

• 1 month later...
Hi guys

I have reported this issue.

hopefully we will see a change in this mission in the future, the erratic low flying is annoying :)

Still not fixed, the flight behaviour of the Hinds is awefull, absolutely unrealistic. That damn Hinds take any damn small hill to nearly slow down to hover just to gain speed and to stop again, its not only hard its absolutely exausting and causing motion sickniss in VR, it would be great if the Hinds would stick to a certain speed and hight that the Huey is able to follow..

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

@MemphisBelle: You can follow the Hinds from a higher altitude. The max distance requirement is only calculated laterally. Makes flying over that hill much easier. Still not easy, but easier.

Yep, it worked out, but on some spots along the waypoints those both damn Hinds kept almost hovering just a few feet above the ground that forced me to hover right above them...however, I finished the Mission successfully on my second attempt today, the rest of the Mission is very fun and sometimes also surprising.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• 1 year later...
This campaign seems really abandoned, still the same problem 1 year and half later :(

its pretty awful, so thats probably for the best. it didnt take me long to want to throw the copilot out his door, that really ruined it for me

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

I ran this 2 days ago and about way point 4 I stated to loose power and could not climb no matter what I did and it was not over torqued

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep same thing here, I ended up cruising far behind and above them and eventually went to 2-4x speed because they were also flying so slow. Really disappointed to find that this bug has been "reported" for more than a year and a half, especially one that makes the mission so much more tiring and lengthy. It also made it pretty difficult to get to "close formation" so the reporter can take pictures etc.

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

• ED Team

Hi all

apologies this issue has been a long standing one and I will try and chase it up.

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all

apologies this issue has been a long standing one and I will try and chase it up.

thank you

Thanks, but remember, it's not a mission bug but an AI bug. It's all about how AI handles helicopters in general.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 2 months later...

Still a horrible mess. I'm starting to really like the huey, but this particular mission is hateful.

The Huey could be one of the jewels in the DCS crown alonside the A-10C if a few things are fixed - especially multi-crew and the lighting.

But seriously, this mission hasn't worked for years, apparently. It was contrived feeling from the start, so if it can't be made to work, at least just remove it from the campaign altogether. Better to have one less mission than keep it as a frustration inducing detriment to the module and the game.

Edited by wowbagger

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
Haven't tried it again yet post DCS 2.5.6.43453 Open Beta patch, but thank you very much for fixing this. This kind of thing is much appreciated!

Thank you for being patient.

I have tested, plays much better now, the flight isnt stop and start all of the time.

• 1 month later...

This campaign actually has another problem. The downed Huey in the Lost Contact mission is in a spot where there is no clearing. It's impossible to land without hitting the trees.

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

• ED Team
This campaign actually has another problem. The downed Huey in the Lost Contact mission is in a spot where there is no clearing. It's impossible to land without hitting the trees.

I have reported this to the team

thank you