Get no Emails on new Posts in subscribed Threads

Tekkx

Hello, dear Community and Admins.

Maybe it's my own fault, but I'm running out of options.

I received the last notification of new Posts on 1st of Decembre.

I double checked if Subscription is ON. Also I took a look at my Spam-Folder.

Could anyone give some advice?

Thank You.

Manual for my version of RS485-Hardware, contact: tekkx@dresi.de

Please do not PM me with DCS-BIOS-related questions. If the answer might also be useful to someone else, it belongs in a public thread where it can be discovered by everyone using the search function. Thank You.

• 4 weeks later...

After almost one month and about 200 views I think I have to push this thread.

Last weeks I missed some important news cause I received not a single notification last 7 Weeks and so I have to catch up a lot of posts.

Not easy at a foreign language :)

Maybe this time is there someone who reads this and could help me.

Please!

Please do not PM me with DCS-BIOS-related questions. If the answer might also be useful to someone else, it belongs in a public thread where it can be discovered by everyone using the search function. Thank You.

• 6 months later...

I solved it meanwhile :)

Found a post somewhere in this forum that described a similar problem (Sorry. I don't remember the issue).

Changed my e-mail adress. Lucky to have more than one of them :)

Not changed it back yet. Will see, what'll happens than.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem is located somewhere deeper

Latest news in this "Notifications Issue":

As I wrote above, I changed my registered email to another ISP (edit: I mean Web- and Mail-Hoster) and everything worked fine.

Now I canged it back to he original one (was some confusing to get notes from the forum to my business account :))

After changing appeared same behavior as before: No notifications and (even more important) no verification email. That means: "You not may post... (anything)".

After a passionated dialog (very close to harsh language) with my ISP (amendment: Mail- and Web-Hoster) came out, forums.eagle.ru may be on some like a Blacklist.

I wrote some what of "... capacitation ... they wrote: " ... nope ..." and "... we're happy if we can solve this with your help..." Means: Right now I'm doing theire work. Shame.

Dear readers of this post/thread: Is there someone with same or similar issues?

I live in Germany (not my own decission) and my (not working) Mail-Hoster (amended) is strato.de. The working one is 1und1.de.

Please share your experiences.

If there is an Admin reading: Came there some kind of so called "Bounce Mails" in?

I could send a copy of this dialogue, but it's written in german...

Tell me, if you interested anyway.

Please help me (or I will steamroll a little cute dog - your fault!) :closedeyes:

Edited by Tekkx

Hey Tekkx,

I somehow missed this thread and all it's comments until now (dunno why). I'm a 1&1 customer from Germany too. I have subscribed to several threads but I didn't have email notifications enabled, so I can't realy help you now. I changed some of my subscriptions to email notification now to check if that works. When I have some results I will report back here.

Just to be sure: You have not just subscribed to the threads, but also enabled email notification for them?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Dear QuiGon (and others).

You have not just subscribed to the threads, but also enabled email notification for them?

Oh, yes. I checked that uncounted times (not just "double check") :)

To prevent any missunderstanding:

1und1.de works

strato.de don't!

Looking forward to hear about your experiences.

PS: I got notification of your post just in time. (as expected cause I use my alternative adress hosted by 1und1.de ATM)

Edited by Tekkx

Dear QuiGon (and others).

Oh, yes. I checked that uncounted times (not just "double check") :)

To prevent any missunderstanding:

1und1.de works

strato.de don't!

Looking forward to hear about your experiences.

PS: I got notification of your post just in time. (as expected cause I use my alternative adress ATM)

Reporting back: Email notifications work just fine for me (1&1).

Do you use an email client on your PC (Outlook, Thunderbird, ...) or the webinterface of your email provider (gmx, web.de, ...)? If the latter is the case it should work regardless of the internet provider. But even if you're using an email client I can't really think of how the provider should prevent you from recieving certain emails. :huh:

Edit: Now I understand. I just re-read the thread and it seems there was a misconception. You said you changed your ISP, which would be your Internet Service Provider, but what you meant is your email provider. ;)

Now it all makes sense. :)

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

... You said you changed your ISP, which would be your Internet Service Provider, but what you meant is your email provider. ;)

Now it all makes sense. :)

Of course. You are right. I'll amend this in my posts. :music_whistling: