Dynamic Campaign Engine

MBot

It seems that radio doesn't work anymore in MP missions with DCE :( Channels are good but AWACS, ATC or wingmen doesn't answer nor speak anymore :huh:

Is this SP or MP? For some strange reason, the radio never worked in multiplayer in the Desert Tiger 76 campaign. The same mission in singeplayer was alright though.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason following all the insyructions for guardians of the caucauses, or any of the dce campaigns in the caucauses the mission results wont save and the campaign wont progress. It just keeps going to first mission.

I had the newer dce campaigns working VERY briefly then now when I end a mission i get a pop up error screen.

Same error screen thats been posted before. Can anyone offer advice and also can anyone possibly tell me how i could say switch out the player aircraft. Lets say i want to use an F5 in the last squadron campaign or su33..?

For some reason following all the insyructions for guardians of the caucauses, or any of the dce campaigns in the caucauses the mission results wont save and the campaign wont progress. It just keeps going to first mission.

I had the newer dce campaigns working VERY briefly then now when I end a mission i get a pop up error screen.

The mig-21 caucasus campaign has been incompatible for a while now, and Mbot mentioned that he won't be fixing it anytime soon as he's working on the Nevada version. However, Desert Fishbed doesn't seem to be working as intended as well at the moment, so I'd say stay away from it for now.

Same error screen thats been posted before.

Have you repeated the MissionScripting.lua modification after the latest DCS update? Since each DCS update reverts the file to its original state, that modification has to be repeated each time.

Otherwise I think there were some issues with running your programs not as administrator.

Guys thabks for rhe advice. Yes when i got the caucahses stuff to work it was runnin as admin. Yes i always check thw lua file. Interesringly thw campaign results lua frm guardians wasnt made again aftwr i deleted thw first to restart campaign.

I also run as admin bc that did help. But now nothing helps

I dont have NTTR much to mt chagrin cuz the map is so much better looking and al the new mbot campaigns are going there.

Cud anyone PM me step bt step instructions for like thw cauc. Frogfoot or flanker or eagle campaign.. For idiots. I alrdy know abt the lua edits ib scripting and to run as admin. The dynamic campaigns... Its hard to go back to the scripted ones after.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey MBot, question about your brilliant DCE. All the "uncontrolled" airplanes that spawn on both sides at bases, are they actually from the "pool" so to speak? As in, is it actually affecting available aircraft for RED if I manage to destroy some 10 "uncontrolled" planes parked at a RED Base?

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Hey MBot, question about your brilliant DCE. All the "uncontrolled" airplanes that spawn on both sides at bases, are they actually from the "pool" so to speak? As in, is it actually affecting available aircraft for RED if I manage to destroy some 10 "uncontrolled" planes parked at a RED Base?

Absolutely.

Absolutely.

Awesome! Followup question. I'm currently playing the Nordic Battle Campaign based on your DCE. The Viggen AI isnt all that phenomenal yet so it takes some fiddling. So I noticed theres a script on the "Attack" waypoint after all "Attack Map Object" commands. It seems to store coordinates for the Attack Map Object task or something. What does it do, can it be omitted?

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz

Dear MBot,

Thanks again for creating this awesome engine for DCS World.

Do you have any future plans to add or enhance the engine, or it's pretty much done?

Perhaps 2.5 will bring additional functionality to DCS?

In the past 9 months or so I have have made a number of updates and improvements to DCE and all my campaigns are updated and waiting on my HD. But I will wait with releasing anything until ED at least fixes the SAMs.

I also have a quite extensive Viggen campaign ready (the bulk of it was actually built even before the Viggen was released), but it also is pending release until AI Viggens can take off from small airfields without crashing.

Edited by MBot

Awesome! Followup question. I'm currently playing the Nordic Battle Campaign based on your DCE. The Viggen AI isnt all that phenomenal yet so it takes some fiddling. So I noticed theres a script on the "Attack" waypoint after all "Attack Map Object" commands. It seems to store coordinates for the Attack Map Object task or something. What does it do, can it be omitted?

The attack script is important, the other attack tasks are duds only, merely serving to give a visible marker on all target elements. The attack script allows all (AI) aircraft in a flight to attack multiple static or map objects of a target complex simultaneously. Something which is not possible in default DCS, where the next static or map object is only attacked once the previous was destroyed. So the script allows flights to perform somewhat decent (within the limits of the awful AI in DCS) single pass attacks where every wingman bombs a different target.

In the past 9 months or so I have have made a number of updates and improvements to DCE and all my campaigns are updated and waiting on my HD. But I will wait with releasing anything until ED at least fixes the SAMs.

I also have a quite extensive Viggen campaign ready (the bulk of it was actually built even before the Viggen was released), but it also is pending release until AI Viggens can take off from small airfields without crashing.

Thanks so much!

Sorry to hear that ED is actually the bottleneck here. Hopefully they are aware of the issues you brought up as you were creating DCE, and they will fix them in 2.5

Looking forward to see your updates soon, DCE is really what makes DCS special IMO.

Thanks so much!

Sorry to hear that ED is actually the bottleneck here. Hopefully they are aware of the issues you brought up as you were creating DCE, and they will fix them in 2.5

Looking forward to see your updates soon, DCE is really what makes DCS special IMO.

No possibility to make DCE full part of DCS in futur version, Mbot ? That would be a great progress :thumbup:

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

One more question Mbot about SEAD missions. It seems that the used script is not working for all ARM isn't it ? Is there a way to add more ARM to this script easily ?

If the script is not working I suppose that fired ARM will destroy most of the time enemy radars and that SEAD missions will still be possible (but too effective perharps)...

So it should be possible to use all AV-8B N/A weapons in a Dynamic Campaign soon no ? :music_whistling:

One more question Mbot about SEAD missions. It seems that the used script is not working for all ARM isn't it ? Is there a way to add more ARM to this script easily ?

If the script is not working I suppose that fired ARM will destroy most of the time enemy radars and that SEAD missions will still be possible (but too effective perharps)...

So it should be possible to use all AV-8B N/A weapons in a Dynamic Campaign soon no ? :music_whistling:

The ARM script is generic and not tied to specific missiles if I remember correctly. The problem is that not all ARM are returning a target in the scripting environment. I think at least the HARM was recently updated to return its target, so it should now also be compatible with the script. Not sure about the Russian ARMs though.

No possibility to make DCE full part of DCS in futur version, Mbot ? That would be a great progress :thumbup:

I have no idea how that would be done :) As of now, data needs to be stored and code to be run between missions, which I only see possible outside of DCS.

I have no idea how that would be done :) As of now, data needs to be stored and code to be run between missions, which I only see possible outside of DCS.

I think he's suggesting it should be taken up by ED and be integrated in DCS. :)

ED you should employ this man to make the DCE an integral part of DCS! This is the thing that DCS is missing the most. A DCE.

Well, It seems that SAMs will be fixed soon (it's announced for Beta) so can we have some hopes to see your updates and improvements soon ? :)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I think he's suggesting it should be taken up by ED and be integrated in DCS. :)

ED you should employ this man to make the DCE an integral part of DCS! This is the thing that DCS is missing the most. A DCE.

I agree completely. The DCE for the Tiger is one of the best ways to experience DCS in my opinion. I'd love to see it integrated into DCS and expanded upon.