Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

I'm certainly not demanding you add the Hornet, and please don't! I don't even fly it.

I don't really ever see the server show up in my list though. I've only seen it once I think. Maybe it's a European thing?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Now talking about the server missions:

1) Is there some ground targets outside airbases and FARP areas? Like convoys in highways or infantry platoons stationary in cities? I know that's a dynamic mission now, but is interesting have some ground targets away from this areas for strafing with P-51 and F-86 (and why not with the Mig-15 and his huge 37mm cannons) megalol.gifmegalol.gifmegalol.gif

2)The coming Mig-19 is a "P" version, right? That means is that version purely and solely interceptor capable?

3)Will the C101CC become available for BlueFor? The 101CC can become a good counterpoint to L-39AZ.

Now talking about the server missions:

1) Is there some ground targets outside airbases and FARP areas? Like convoys in highways or infantry platoons stationary in cities? I know that's a dynamic mission now, but is interesting have some ground targets away from this areas for strafing with P-51 and F-86 (and why not with the Mig-15 and his huge 37mm cannons) megalol.gifmegalol.gifmegalol.gif

2)The coming Mig-19 is a "P" version, right? That means is that version purely and solely interceptor capable?

3)Will the C101CC become available for BlueFor? The 101CC can become a good counterpoint to L-39AZ.

1) That's something I'm working on currently. Stations of vital meaning to each coalition.

2) I think so. Just like all the MiG's. Mainly interceptors.

3) Maybe. Haven't thought about it.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...

The 10 missions are back online! Updated, fixed and with some changes:

(The dynamic campaign is off for now)

1- Battle Over Sukhumi City

2- Battle For Maykop

3- Phone Booth

4- Springfield

5- Ossetia

6- Five Points

7- Open Range

8- Whispers & Whistles

9- Supervision

10- Sail Ahoy!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

2- Battle For Maykop

3- Phone Booth

4- Springfield

5- Ossetia

6- Five Points

7- Open Range

8- Whispers & Whistles

9- Supervision

10- Sail Ahoy!

I think I can speak for everyone when saying thanks to Alpenwolf for his contributions to DCS multiplayer. Whether it was the dynamic campaign or the individual missions your work has been greatly appreciated dude! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think I can speak for everyone when saying thanks to Alpenwolf for his contributions to DCS multiplayer. Whether it was the dynamic campaign or the individual missions your work has been greatly appreciated dude! :thumbup:

I know, you love me that much :smilewink:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

2- Battle For Maykop

3- Phone Booth

4- Springfield

5- Ossetia

6- Five Points

7- Open Range

8- Whispers & Whistles

9- Supervision

10- Sail Ahoy!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Good to see the server back online!!!

I was wondering why it was not showing in the list again and troubleshooting the FW and network configs until I saw DCS down :D

2- Battle For Maykop

3- Phone Booth

4- Springfield

5- Ossetia

6- Five Points

7- Open Range

8- Whispers & Whistles

9- Supervision

10- Sail Ahoy!

Didn't expect more than that from a NaCH :megalol:

Hahahaha!

As a suggestion, I will give the opportunity to the GCI to manage a convoy to attack a FARP or manage the defenses in some FARPs.

I think having the possibility to turn off the radars or move them and relocate them is great and make a good challenge between GCI and enemy pilots. Awesome to build SAM / AAA traps.

Also, a light convoy with troops will be great for the choppers to attack

You're talking about the campaign or the missions? The missions have some soft targets as well. Not all, but some do.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I think I can speak for everyone when saying thanks to Alpenwolf for his contributions to DCS multiplayer. Whether it was the dynamic campaign or the individual missions your work has been greatly appreciated dude! thumbup.gif

Totally agree!!!

You're talking about the campaign or the missions? The missions have some soft targets as well. Not all, but some do.

Missions, I think that add a lot.

Edited by NaCH

Unfortunately our F4 vs. MiG23 clashes gonna wait a bit more.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3565572&postcount=114

:(:(:(:(

Yeah, well... At least the MiG-19 is gonna be released this year.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

From 1975 on, it was rather the F14A for the Navy anyways.

So, for classic Cold War scenarios, the Tomcat-A is a realistic adversary for MiG-19/-21/-23 as well.

For balancing, you can still ban the Phoenix from your server and use AWACS types that don’t datalink with the Tomcat.

Of course it‘s sad that the Phantom gets delayed indefinitely, since it has so much appeal to folks from user-nations around the world.

But until then, I consider the F14A as a legit placeholder.

From 1975 on, it was rather the F14A for the Navy anyways.

So, for classic Cold War scenarios, the Tomcat-A is a realistic adversary for MiG-19/-21/-23 as well.

For balancing, you can still ban the Phoenix from your server and use AWACS types that don’t datalink with the Tomcat.

Of course it‘s sad that the Phantom gets delayed indefinitely, since it has so much appeal to folks from user-nations around the world.

But until then, I consider the F14A as a legit placeholder.

Same thing would apply for the MiG-29, Su-27 and some other planes as well.

The Cold War era had seen aircraft from propeller planes to fighter jets. I kinda chose to focus on the MiG-21 and the F-5 as I've mentioned that on many occasions and as many players already know that, while including aircraft of no sophisticated avionics and/or systems that might give a plane a huge advantage over the others, especially in aerial battles (imagine F-15's with AMRAAM's or Su-27's with ER-27R's... plus the better radar systems, EWR's, etc.). The Harrier and the A-10C have such avionics/systems, but without gaining any advantage in dogfights so the main scenario of Fishbeds fighting Tigers is merely affected if at all, even thought they have the Aim-9M.

The F-4 and the MiG-23 are better than the MiG-21 and the F-5 when it comes to what I've mentioned above, but still inferior to other fighters. Therefore adding these modules at some point and in limited numbers will not have a negative impact on the scenario, or so I believe.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

2- Battle For Maykop

3- Phone Booth

4- Springfield

5- Ossetia

6- Five Points

7- Open Range

8- Whispers & Whistles

9- Supervision

10- Sail Ahoy!

Congrats! Thank you for the server and missions quality! It is awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Phone Booth was updated:

- An additional target area was added.

- Less trigger actions.

- Adjusted CTLD payload.

- R-73's for the Su-25T were added to counter the A-10's or the Harrier's Aim-9M's.

Have FUN!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Phone Booth was updated:

- An additional target area was added.

- Less trigger actions.

- Adjusted CTLD payload.

- R-73's for the Su-25T were added to counter the A-10's or the Harrier's Aim-9M's.

Have FUN!

Would not it be better if you removed Aim-9M? That smokeless missile is years ahead of anything that Mig-21 can employ.

Would not it be better if you removed Aim-9M? That smokeless missile is years ahead of anything that Mig-21 can employ.

Point 1: If you're getting fired at in the Mig-21 you already made your first mistake.

Point 2: The aim 9M was in the missions for years any without issue from Mig pilots.

Point 3: The Harrier can only use the aim9M and only in boresight at the moment which limits it furnther than you'd expect.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Since only the Harrier and the A10 have it, i don't see a big problem here because with the MiG-21 you should have a good advantage against those two aircraft. I scored my first multiplayer pvp kills against Harriers in my MiG and i am just a target for most average pilots :)

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

Is the server staying on Live or going to be updated to Beta mate?

Can't believe the last update has also screwed up the missions. It's an endless torture to mission designers, mate. It's a boring thing to do especially when talking about 10 missions. But as always, I do fix them and put them on Beta. Was busy over the last 2-3 days, is all.

Aim-9M stays. We've discussed that many times already and that you know, so no worries.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments