Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

I have tested today with DCS Open Beta 2.5.3.21153, and the option panel if visible and working fine.

Can you share your full log file please?

I used to have the Tacview item in the DCS options, but I noticed that I no longer have it. Currently running the latest version of DCS Beta. I tried uninstalling Tacview and reinstalling, both in version 1.7.1 and 1.7.2 (final release, not beta). It is exporting the files from DCS, but the menu just is not there.

I did find those lines in the DCS log though:

2018-08-30 00:02:10.446 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Failed to parse manifest: mods/tech/tacview/dcs_manifest.x86_64

2018-08-30 00:02:15.942 INFO Scripting: plugin: SKIPPED 'Tacview by Raia Software': not authorized

Help? :(

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Thank you for the feedback OzDeaDMeaT

I have a hard time to reproduce the issue. I will try something else tomorrow. If I still cannot reproduce it, I may need try to connect to your server to gather more information about the bug.

I used to have the Tacview item in the DCS options, but I noticed that I no longer have it. Currently running the latest version of DCS Beta. I tried uninstalling Tacview and reinstalling, both in version 1.7.1 and 1.7.2 (final release, not beta). It is exporting the files from DCS, but the menu just is not there.

I did find those lines in the DCS log though:

2018-08-30 00:02:10.446 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Failed to parse manifest: mods/tech/tacview/dcs_manifest.x86_64

2018-08-30 00:02:15.942 INFO Scripting: plugin: SKIPPED 'Tacview by Raia Software': not authorized

Help? :(

Terrain textures should look like the following when upacked:

C:\ProgramData\Tacview\Data\Terrain\Textures\N36W117.png

Static objects should look like this:

C:\ProgramData\Tacview\Data\Static Objects\NTTR.xml

Addons will be more intuitive to install in Tacview 2.0.

What is the procedure for installing downloaded add-ons, such as the NTTR VFR ground textures? I have read the documentation, however, it is confusing.

Do add-ons go in the Add-Ons folder or in the Data folder?

Also, there is no Static Objects folder for .xml files. Should I create this folder?

DISREGARD!!!

I found the requested information in your User Guide at your webpage, Q45

-------------------------

I just installed BS 1.0.1c/1.0.2 in an effort to restore one of the missions in the Vergeevs Group campaign. The mission is locked and I can not use the ME to analyze it, but hopefully I can get Tacview to record so I can follow the storyline and see how the AI behaves differently compared to DCSW 1.5.7, if at all different.

Is it still possible to use Tacview with such an ancient game, or do I need some older Tacview version?

The change-log implies BS 1 should be supported.

Thanks

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Fix for Tacview 1.7.2 network connectivity issues

A fix for Tacview 1.7.2 network connectivity been published

Download: HERE

NOTICE: Make sure you have downloaded and installed the new Tacview 1.7.2 package from 2018-09-05 which fixes the 3D models randomly displayed as cubes as well as network connectivity issues.

• Release Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2018

• Operating System: Windows® 32-bit / 64-bit

• File Size: 238.4 MB

The initial release of Tacview 1.7.2 was not able to establish a connection to a remote computer (real-time telemetry, online debriefing, and remote controls). It was because of a very subtle regression in Tacview net code. Thanks to your feedback and the help of the community, I was able to narrow down and fix the issue.

Now you can enjoy anew online debriefings in a comfortable environment!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Two things for today :)

- can you re-introduce the yellow color for universal time ? Or add an option to do that ? It was better to see the clock next to others green characters ;)

- can you explain what can we do with remote control ? What can we control exactly : AI planes ? Other player’s Plane ? Or my own plane ?

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello Spot,

Sure! I didn’t think about that, I will see what I can do for the time for the next update.

You can use the remote controls to control the local player aircraft, and to trigger several predefined mission events:

• If you connect a remote control to the computer (IP address) of a friend, then you can remote control his/her aircraft. It is also possible to assign HOTAS axis and buttons to each control so you can fly "comfortably".
  • If you connect a remote control to the (IP address of the) host of a mission, or to your own computer when playing solo, then you can do things like pause/resume, and trigger predefined flags in DCS World mission environment. If you connect the flags (1001 to 1008 ) in your mission, then with a single click (corresponding flag set to 1 by Tacview) or a double click (flag set to 2 Tacview), you can script behaviors in your mission, like spawning objects, or making something explode for example.

This feature has been requested by many, including the French Air force ;)

It is currently planned for Tacview 1.7.5+

Hopefully should be a matter of weeks before the first beta of it.

Hi,

I think there is an important feature needed by many of us.

Is it possible to display the mouse coordinates in real time ?

This should facilitate objects creation on the map.

Thank you for this wonderfull application.

Mapview 1.4.1 is now available!

Mapview 1.4.1 is now available!

Download:HERE

Mapview is a third party addon for Tacview developed by Jacques ‘Detox’ Deyrieux.

With just a few clicks you can now automatically download and install terrain tiles for your favorite theater of operation. Mapview will download terrain tiles from one of predefined providers. They are then processed and stored in Tacview custom folder C:\ProgramData\Tacview\Data\Terrain\Textures.

This new release improves a lot ergonomics, performance and error handling.

pic-mapview-141-app.png

pic-mapview-141-skyvector.jpg

pic-mapview-141-openflightmaps.jpg

Release notes:

• added optimization of the algorithm of the manufacture of the tiles when they are made, the consumption of the memory is just that it is necessary. Now there is no more limits to generate in one pass all tiles of the world
  • added new ini file who simplify his modifications. The conversion from your old maps.ini to the new mapvie.ini is automatic when the new .ini file doesn't exists. Sources blocs are been deletes and replaced by internal management. Only maps and global setup is saved into the new .ini file.
  • added an editor of maps is available to change top/left and bottom/right of the map with a simplified syntax
  • added Clean tiles feature delete all files about a tile name before to save the new tile generated.
  • Skyvector server is now tracked by an automatic call to their configurator of web services.
  • fixed the sum and the counter of squares downloaded are the same now
  • added counter of squares skipped when the file already exists in the folder
  • added counter of square in error to download
  • added OpenFlightMaps provider. Please refer to their web site to know what are their maps available (see Switherland in mapsview sample)
  • added exception are now fully managed when parallel task is running
  • added the tiles manufacturer is threated and statistics are added

Edited by Vyrtuoz

Tacview 1.7.3 is now available!

Tacview 1.7.3 is available

NOTICE: Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest package from 2018-09-27 which fixes a crash related to P3D weapons.

• Release Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018
  • File Size: 239.8 MB

Aside numerous fixes, this update mainly brings a brand-new C++ SDK. For support reasons, this SDK is currently available only to Tacview Enterprise users. It may eventually become available to the public, but this will be for a later update.

Now, this also means that the Lua SDK available to everyone has been improved! It offers an extended API so you can draw more things in the 3D view and better analyze the telemetry of active objects.

Don’t forget that you can press CTRL+R to instantaneously reload your Lua scripts. Very handy for quick development!

The documentation available in C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\AddOns\ has been updated. And more samples have been added for Lua as well as for C++ addons. Since the API is identical for both languages, you can grab ideas from any sample and almost just copy/paste the code in your own creation.

If you need more API function, just let me know, I will be glad to add them to the next releases.

To close the loop, Tacview 1.7.4 will finally bring a C# SDK which will offer identical features as the Lua and C++ APIs.

Release notes

FEATURES & CHANGES

• Brand new C++ SDK to create addons for for Tacview Enterprise
  • Added South Africa country definition to DCS World exporter
  • Current UTC time is displayed again in orange in the 3d view
  • Add-ons custom menus are now sorted in alphabetical order
  • Added support for torpedoes
  • Integrated Aegean theater v2.0 for BMS 4.33.5 (terrain and objects database)
  • Improved FSX/P3D/SuperBug support

FIXES

• Fixed a rare crash when merging, one by one, files containing incoherent data
  • Fixed artifacts at the junctions of terrain tiles (Tacview 1.7.2 regression)
  • Fixed altitude in ATC labels was not properly displayed for objects under water level like submarines or torpedoes

Tacview173.png

Tacview cpu load

Does tacview run coincident with DCS ? If so , is there a framerate loss ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Unless you want to playback data in real-time, you should *NOT* run the main Tacview application at the same time as DCS World.

However, there is an exporter module which is running inside DCS World to record any available flight data.

If you are flying in simple missions, especially solo mission, you should not notice any frame rate loss. If you are flying in very complex environment, like 2000 thousand objects in multiplayer session, you may notice, typically, something like 10% frame rate loss. This is because of a performance limitation in DCS World Lua API. (Tacview exporter is written in multithreaded C++, and takes by itself less than 1% CPU).

An estimation of the total CPU cost is written on regular basis in the \Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log by Tacview exporter.

If you think that the loss is too much, then you can still just record your flight after action, while playing back the recorded .trk file. At the possible cost of accuracy since trk files are not 100% reliable.

Some virtual squadrons are also just recording the flights on their server and sharing the corresponding files on a cloud drive. So, each player can enjoy maximum frame rate in VR for example.

Edited by Vyrtuoz

Thanks for the comprehensive answer !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

ok, silly question as new to tacview, it didn't work at first, so deleted, reinstalled added a folder named Tacview in docs, now in the documents it says press the world icon to change files, that's not a list on mine, I had to use the settings icon (cog), no biggie just saying, my problem is I do indeed get a file with every flight, but they are all 0 second long? I have obviously not set something right?

its just for sp so I can see my attack strategies...or not :)

thanks for help

I believe that your export.lua file is corrupted. This would prevent Tacview exporter from running properly.

The simplest solution is to delete your \Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua file

Then reinstall Tacview (no need to uninstall first). Tacview will recreate a clean Export.lua which should properly run the exporter.

Is it possible to get lat/long instead of time? Like in the old days ;)

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Tacview 1.7.4 is available

zn9b1AI.jpg

Tacview 1.7.4 is available

• Release Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018
  • File Size: 262.6 MB

Behold the new trimming tool! With it, you can now select and keep only the most relevant part of your last flight. Share smaller files with your friends and enjoy debriefings which go right to the point!

This version also brings the long-awaited C# SDK for Tacview Enterprise customers. With an API which is virtually identical to the Lua and C++ ones, it is now possible to quickly develop powerful addons for Tacview.

Dedicated to BMS pilots: Thanks to Olivier Beaumont aka “Red Dog”, Tacview now offers by default the maps of the most popular BMS battlefields. No more fussing with download and configuration files, enjoy right away more comfortable debriefings over Korea, ITO, Aegean and the Balkans. To reduce the installer size, I have not included all the possible maps, so just let me know if you think that I have missed an important theater map which should be in Tacview by default.

As usual, this version brings a few fixes as well as some optimizations in the telemetry manager. Check the release notes for more details.

Release notes

FEATURES & CHANGES

• Added brand new C# SDK to develop addons (Tacview Enterprise)
  • Integrated BMS VFR maps from Olivier Beaumont aka Red Dog (http://www.combatsimchecklist.net/)
  • Added a tool to trim telemetry data before and after current point in time
  • It is now possible to remove objects from the telemetry data
  • Optimized the telemetry manager: file loading is now 15% faster

FIXES

• Fixed minor bugs in Lua and C++ APIs
  • Only valid DLL add-ons are now added to the Add-ons menu (secondary DLL are now ignored)
  • Tacview does not crash anymore when trying to load a DLL addon with invalid dependencies

Tacview174.png

Yes, keep the SHIFT key pressed to see the current position.

Is it possible to have that permanently on position so no need to hold down the shift btn

Edited by Skyracer

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView