Ka-50 Cockpit Systems overhaul Mod (WIP)

Nero.ger

mod has been removed because its no longer maintained and caused problems in newer DCS versions.

Also it included modified LUA-files from ED and sharing those is no longer allowed

--last update:19.01.2017--BETA

What is this MOD all about:

well i think we can all agree that the Ka50's Cockpit systems are a bit outdated by now compared to the A10's for example.

So i decided to give it an overhaul but stay true to realism. I looked at pictures from the different Prototypes and also of the Ka52's Cockpit and decided that replacing the TV-Screen with a modern MFD display would be a realistic option.

The idea was to control most of the systems by the MFD and its 20 Buttons, so instead of remembering what you mapped to your 'Cougars' you actualy can see it on the screen.

this MOD does not replicate an actual model of the Ka50, instead its a modernized version of our model how i see it (and how i was able to code it)

The change of the HUD was more a medical necessity, because the old pitch-ladder always made me nauseating after 30minutes :)

so in a nutshell, the only 'real new thing' is the ability to display a terrain-point in your HUD everything else is just another way to deal with the Ka50 current systems.

UPDATELOG:

so finaly there is an Alpha version of this mod. Since its my first mod to be released my hands are sweaty as hell :)

i decided to release it even without the full manual because i have difficulty writing it because ...english is not my strong language.

anyway, be aware that its alpha and you have to figure out stuff yourself for now (more or less :) )

Google Drive linke below

General question, post here

Bug reports, please send a PM to keep thread clean

Manuel uploaded

Manuel updated (some functions were missing)

feature update (but no new release version yet, still some bugs to fix)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3008127&postcount=64

new release. now considered BETA now and feature complete :)

DL link below. If you installed it and it "worked/did not work" pls send me a quick PM, even if you hate the mod and deinstalled it seconds later :)

a tutorial/explenation video will follow (hopefully this evening).

Hotfix: default.lua for joystick was missing so you could not bind anything other than keyboard keys.

the beta version from 08.01.2017 allready has this fix included.

09.01.2017 Hotfix: bug in HUD only view

using the "Scales reject"-function of the ka50 to hide FPM and Horizonline to clean up hud. MFD box was remove and Shkval is now back at its original place.

there is now a "HUD Only" version available that leaves the Shkval completly original. Of course any function releated to the new MFC-Shkval are not available.

Feature List (stuff will be added as i implement it)

-HUD
*overall cleaned/decluttered to improve overall readability 
 (removed most of the Scales, moved Shkval off-hud-indicator to bottom)
*added Horizonline and larger pitchladder and VVindicator
Flight Vector Marker
ability to display "Point of Interest", this can be a Location,
 NAVTGT or Abrismarker

-Shkval
modern LCD replaced the TV.
removed "light-bleeding" into the HUD with nightvision
20 new buttons to control the MFD and its function

-MFD Functions
easier use of NAVTGT and DATALINK
Display locations/Coords as Markers on the HUD 
Coords can be directly entered (JTAC), copyed from abris or from PVI 
ability to determin if you have LOS to a Marker/point
Database with Missiondate and Custom textpages (set by player or mission designer)

----

[b][u][size=4]----Full Mod ---- BETA release![/size][/u][/b]
--FULL MOD version:15.01.2017--
--HUD Only version: 19.01.2017--

since it replaces many files make sure you make a backup of your ka-50 folder. Manual will also be in the Download-link.(still a bit lacking and outdated ...sorry)

[u]install:[/u]
 unpack the zip file to 'C:\DCS\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\'

[u] uninstall:[/u]
 hopefully you made a backup....

[u]UPDATE from Alphaversion(31.12.2017):
[/u]best way would be to copy the original files back or run a repair of your DCS installation because some files that had change previosly are no longer included in the MOD because of changes in the file structure.
most important would be the Fonts.lua in your scripts folder. if you see strange letters or "(NULL)" everywhere, chances are you are not using the original Fonts.lua (copy from backup or repair DCS)

[u] how to use:[/u]
still working on the manual, but short version:
Bind the new keys to your Cougar (Controlls/MDF) 
Buttonlayout:
[code]
  11   12   13   14   15
1                         6
2                         7
3                         8
4                         9
5                         10
  16   17   18   19   20    

some buttons have a Short press function and a "hold for more than 1 sec"- function(in both cases the function will be called when you release the button)

known issues

the lcd monitor does not react to lighting conditions
no clickability, you have to use the 20 key bindings 

if you find a bug, pls send a PM, its easyier to keep the thread clean.

General questions belong in the Thread, course they might interest others

Thanks to every other modder out there (yes i looked throu your stuff and learned) and everyone who documented something, no matter how small :)

mod responsible - make Backups!

ka50mod21.thumb.jpg.12e145dff613664cc022e6eab7140aa8.jpg

ka50mod31.thumb.jpg.a163f0c2fb4ebc4b1a6ad9991da24da9.jpg

Edited by Nero.ger
  • Like 1

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks very nice, the Blackshark is one of my favorite modules .. wish you luck with this development :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Will those buttons get usable and will they do something?

Otherwise, good luck and looking nice

if you ask if they will be clickable, maybe.

but there will be 20 new Keys in the controlls so you can bind them to the thrustmaster Cougar Panels for example.

and yes those will do something, like in the a10 mfds :)

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

A little update, hopefully i can get a video going the next days to better show the functionality.

MFD buttons on the right side are linked to the NAVTGTs of the PVI. you can switch throu them and save them with just one click (TGT MEM) or recall them into the Abris/shkval so you can slew you shkval to the TGT.

The small BOX in the HUD shows the position of the NAVTGT, like in the A10c.

Also the MFD tells you what to to when you want to save a point for example. like "Lock target" "uncage shkval" etc.

The HUD is obviously clean up, and it does not change much when switching modes, so you dont loose important information.

The big line represents the horizon like in the M2000 and the little arrows left and right of the CenterMarker move up and down with your Vertical Velcocity.

ka50mod10.thumb.jpg.34e8f3d5f1708b3e8e2e328bc6d7e051.jpg

ka50mod11.thumb.jpg.11e483fad4f666d2b0824d6dcf3f1f50.jpg

awesome !! :)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

ok i managed to make my first youtube video ever :music_whistling:

just a quick show how you can create NAV Targets, cylce throu them and display them in abris/Shkval/Hud using the MFD

Edited by Nero.ger

to be honest i did not tried it yet.

Since it just presents information that is allready available in the Module, i dont see a problem with Integrity. But i aim for "passing integrity check".

Edited by Nero.ger

to be honest i did not tried it yet.

Since it just presents information that is allready available in the Module, i dont see a problem with Integrity. But i aim for "passing integrity check".

Leavu did the same thing, sort of and it doesn't pass the check. It uses information that's already in game, not necessarily what's available in each aircraft. It enhances.

What I should've asked is, will this give the Ka50 things it doesn't normally have? I mean, if it's stuff from a Ka52 I'd assume that's the case. I'm just wondering.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

thats actualy not an easy question to answer, because the original ka50 comes without an MFD for example, so that alone would be something it does not originaly have. The Ka52 was more of an inspiration to start this mod, not an "aim" to implement its systems (i have no idea whats in it anyway).

Nightvision for the Shkval for example, one Model of the Ka50 has it as far as i know, so technicly it would be a reasonably upgrade. And thats my idea, reasonably upgrades to the avionics, like the modern MFD replacing the old Shkval TV instead of just adding features for "MOA POWER".

depending on how things work (and how carried away i get with typing code ;) )out with integrity check,i might split it into 2 versions, one for MP and one for SP

That's very cool. There are some of us who run severs/co ops without IC, so two versions (if it can be done easily enough) would be very nice. Keep going it's looking great so far!

And Sniper tell the BSS next time I fly Pe-2's with the squad in BOS I wont run over half the squad while starting up! ..LOL it was all Mudcats fault! :P

Edited by 20thBG_Blackwolf

BSD Discord , BSD Website

If it doesn't hover, it just sucks and blows

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

showcasing lowlight capabilities of the TV-System:

:thumbup:

Great job.

You may teach me a thing or two with this! :smilewink:

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

using coords from Jtac to mark target and kill it :)

btw, if someone know how to acces "coord.MGRStoLL(table MGRS)" in the Cockpit enviroment let me know. until then, no MGRS :)

• Like 2

Asking this, because I'm curious to know, if this enhancement can directly be used with Helios.

the texts are part of the Shkval-viewport, so they will be exportet to another screen. i am not sure how helios handles the inputs back to DCS, but there are 20 new Keys, so you should be able to link them to helios right?

and thanks everyone for the words of encouragment so far :)