AGM62 Bomb vs Missile

Swift.

Glide ordinance is it’s own thing, got its own (excellent) brevity code and everything

fox X - AA Missile

Rifle - AG missile

Magnum - anti-radiation

And of course, Pigs away for gliders

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

I would also like to have consistency between the JSOW and the Walleye. Either they are both missiles or they are both bombs.

They called it AGM when they started developing it, then they realized it didn't make sense, but the deed was done. I think they officially refrained from using that designation, though, using "Walleye" (I & II) and "Guided weapon, MK X" instead.

But then they used the same designation again for the AGm-154 JSOW. :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The regular A/B/C models of JSOW that we have, or will have, in-game does not have a rocket boost.

There is a JSOW-ER but that's not something we have the pleasure of getting our dirty mittens on.

Are you sure they don't? Then why they have a small smoke trail when launched and they launch forward?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So they form because of the sudden increase in pressure caused by the wings?

Anyway, off topic. My original point is that the AGM62 and AGM154 should be in the same category of weapon, because they are both glide bombs. Whether ED want that to be missile or bomb is irrelevant, they should be the same.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Condensation trails are caused by condensation of the water in the combustion gas at high altitudes, and also result when pressure drops in the air mass fast enough that it is approximately adiabatic and the local temperature of the air lowers below the dew point.

||i5-9600k||MSI GTX1070Ti Duke||16GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaws V||Gigabyte Aorus B360||X56||

No they should be diffrent because the USA does it that way.

They do what exactly? They're both designated as Air to Ground Missiles (AGM).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Can you shoot the Walleye down with an A/A missile or a SAM? In DCS you can shoot at missilies, but not at bombs.

If it isn't possible because of it's bomb designation it should be moved to the missile category to make it "downshootable" like a JSOW or BK90.