I'm Badly Addicted To This Airplane

Hello. My name is Pooch...and I'm a DCS Spitfire addict.

So, there it is. They say that the first step in solving the problem is admitting you have one.

I'm thrilled to see that the Steam edition was brought up to date. I've been terrorizing airfields and bridges with my bomb laden Spitfires. Fun.

Nice job on this. Since picking up the Spit, Normandy, and WW2 assets, I've been flying this a lot, unfortunately, also when I'm supposed to be doing other things. "One more flight, just one more flight!" Geez, I'm like a little kid!

Okay, that's enough writing....I've gotta take one more flight!

Buy the Epsom campaign. You won’t regret it ;)

Agreed!

It's such an ugly feeling when you start a new mission and invest over an hour, only to get shot out of the sky by AA because you became impatient and decided to strafe a truck convoy in-between waypoints. Thats what I love about this sim, unlike other sims out there you really need to make life decisions, otherwise its just a waste of time. Thats what makes this sim different and fun. :pilotfly:

Edited by CGReload

I am addict as well. No apologies.

Since we got bombs, I have been ground pounding exclusively. One part of flight simming I never bothered with in my life.

I never got too far in the campaign before but now, I think I am ready.

I have to stop being impatient myself.

No sim time yesterday. I'm sshhaakkiinngg all over. Where's my spit?

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

"only to get shot out of the sky by AA because you became impatient and decided to strafe a truck convoy in-between waypoints."

I did worse than that. I didn't even get shot down. I crashed into the trees going after those trucks. Now that we have bombs, I'm going to see if there is a way to add them to the missions.