[REPORTED] DCS Open Beta A10C Mavericks Suck

lasvideo

Gee,Shadow, lighten up.Have you no sense of humor :megalol:

it's not fair to tell someone else to lighten up.

you reported a problem, and we are trying to figure it out, and when asked for details, you passed jokes instead.

if you cant take your own submitted report seriously, how do you expect to do so?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Yes, it was. Sorry I should have made it more clear by quoting you.

My bad, I meant Medium West Georgia Winter. It's the one in winter, the only one.

The thing is, the problem doesn't occur on every flight for some reason. What I can say on my end is on some flights H model mavs were completely useless and on other flights they worked perfectly fine.

OK. I just did the first targets in Medium West Georgia Winter. (revised by Mad Dog)

WP 2

2 Trucks on X landing strip

Weather - Clear and sunny

Time of day - 15:18

Position of Sun - Flying West - on my left - about 50 degrees above horizon

Winter

Flying at around angels 5

Speed - 200 KTS.

AGM 65 D had no problem locking

AGM 65 H would never get a lock.Was able to get it to force correlate.

Edited by lasvideo

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

TRACKS..

Devs would need to see tracks to accurately re-produce,.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

it's not fair to tell someone else to lighten up.

you reported a problem, and we are trying to figure it out, and when asked for details, you passed jokes instead.

if you cant take your own submitted report seriously, how do you expect to do so?

Actually I provide humor and details - for no extra charge see above. :thumbup:

TRACKS..

Devs would need to see tracks to accurately re-produce,.

Forthcoming. The stats that were requested (you're welcome) will have to do for now....

Leaving VR for reality for a while.

Edited by lasvideo

I don't think he has a worn out button. My stick is in perfect condition and I'm having exactly the same problem as him.

For those who want a track: well you don't need a track for now. Just try the instant action mission mentionned above (Medium West Georgia Winter) and tell me how it works for you. Lasvideo and I have had our AGM-65H consistently not getting a lock on this one.

Then I will provide a track if necessary. Thank you.

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just try the instant action mission mentioned above (Medium West Georgia Winter) and tell me how it works for you. Lasvideo and I have had our AGM-65H consistently not getting a lock on this one.

Not trying to stir things up, I think you guys have been diagnosing your issues well. But I wouldn't think a missile AGM-65H with CCD designed to work in an Desert environment would work well in a winter environment as well, no matter how enhanced the camera system is, the lower temperatures, less light, fog and denser air in general would highly affect it.

Same could be said for the IR AGM-65D in a desert environment with, Heat haze and super hot air and ground would upset it from detecting the actual tanks.

Snipet of info on missiles:

The IIR seeker of the AGM-65D had some problems during Operation Desert Storm, because of thermal clutter in the excessive heat of the desert.

Therefore, the USAF decided to field a Maverick with a modern TV-guidance section using a new CCD seeker. Raytheon developed a CCD seeker to replace the TV or IIR seekers of some existing AGM-65 missiles. The new CCD seeker will give remanufactured missiles higher reliability, higher lock-on range and better low-light performance. However, the CCD seeker is not suitable for night-time use

The designation AGM-65H was assigned to AGM-65B/D missiles upgraded with the new CCD seeker. It was originally planned to convert many old AGM-65Bs and -65Ds to AGM-65H standard, but these plans were apparently cancelled in favour of the AGM-65K.

The AGM-65J designation applies to U.S. Navy AGM-65F missiles rebuilt with the CCD seeker. As such it would be very similar to the USAF's AGM-65K.

The AGM-65J was initially planned to enter service in December 2001, but I don't know whether this has actually happened, and how many AGM-65Fs have already been and/or are going to be converted to AGM-65J standard. The AGM-65K is an AGM-65G upgraded with the CCD seeker. At least 1200, but possibly up to 2500, AGM-65G rounds are planned for conversion to AGM-65K standard. The CATM-65H and CATM-65K are the captive-carry training versions of the AGM-65H/K.

Not saying you guys don't have issues, well with the game anyway, there all always a lot of variable to take into account with DCS if indeed they model the real life stuff.

By the time I get around to testing the mission myself, you lot will have it sorted one way or another. ;-)

All the best with it.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Yes but as said earlier in the thread, we have had issues with it in NTTR as well.

The game doesn't use contrast but basic object detection to lock targets so if nothing is done the bug will remain regardless of the map.

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes but as said earlier in the thread, we have had issues with it in NTTR as well.

The game doesn't use contrast but basic object detection to lock targets so if nothing is done the bug will remain regardless of the map.

As I posted earlier in this thread, after detailed trouble shooting I have the same issues in NTTR 2.5 OB.as I did in Caucuses A2.5 OB with the AGM-65 H.

And as stated earlier, this behavior was not evident in 1.5.

"By the time I get around to testing the mission myself, you lot will have it sorted one way or another."

Please dont assume this to be the case. ;) We appreciate your time and energy helping address this major issue for us Hawg drivers.Im sure ED does as well.

Edited by lasvideo

"Maybe a little worn out TMS UP Hotas button? I had this problem with my old HOTAS, but it was on the CMS button. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didnt "

NOT a worn out button. Just a bit of a worn out brain dealing with this dysfunctional behavior with the AGM-65-H :)

Edited by lasvideo

I don't think he has a worn out button. My stick is in perfect condition and I'm having exactly the same problem as him.

For those who want a track: well you don't need a track for now. Just try the instant action mission mentionned above (Medium West Georgia Winter) and tell me how it works for you. Lasvideo and I have had our AGM-65H consistently not getting a lock on this one.

:thumbup:

I just did the Instant Action Medium mission set in the winter, and I was able to attain a lock with the Mav H from 3,9nm(~4ish)

BTW, don't know about you guys, but I can't upload any tracks, as even a track from launching the instant action to firing a maverick at the first targets gets up to 6.4Mbs and is above the 5Mb limit, or at least that is the error I get

All my 2.5 tracks are above 6Mbs even for the smallest recordings.

I have a track which was from 1.5.8 and was a 15 minute track, ILS landings in zero visibility with fog and that is only 2,5Mbs

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Thanks for trying the mission Shadow. I will re-fly it and join a track.

Indeed, track sizes can vary a lot. For example, I had one recently (posted here) of only 28kb whereas the one from the last 104th Red Flag Multiplayer event I took part in was nearly 300mb.

I would recommend using a cloud storage service and putting the download link in your post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As I posted earlier in this thread, after detailed trouble shooting I have the same issues in NTTR 2.5 OB.as I did in Caucuses A2.5 OB with the AGM-65 H.

And as stated earlier, this behavior was not evident in 1.5.

"By the time I get around to testing the mission myself, you lot will have it sorted one way or another."

Please dont assume this to be the case. ;) We appreciate your time and energy helping address this major issue for us Hawg drivers.Im sure ED does as well.

For what it is worth, I had a fly today in the edited version of the winter instant action mentioned using only the AGM-65H.

My results were quite mixed also, some times I could fire at just under 5nm but mostly at 2.5 to 3 nm (Probably depends on attack vector to target), but I could always get a lock eventually, also had the issue of having to relock the target (Shika) with TGP and then slewing maverick onto spi but the point tracking keeps drifting off target and I reposition the TGP and re-slew maverick and end up with no cross hairs at all in the maverick seeker unless I slew it around a bit.

All up I would say it has issues, and if not faulty, utterly frustrating. But I remember it always being this way with the point tracking not staying locked onto target even though you are flying straight at the target with minimal jinking, perfect line of sight with TGP and certainly no violent turning or masking of TGP view.

As for the cross hairs disappearing in the maverick seeker view, that's a new one on me.

Attached is edited mission I flew and the track file of me flying it badly, be kind ;-)

Regards, Ian.

Medium - West Georgia - Winter.miz

Test - A-10c AGM-65H range and lock.trk

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

7. Out of desperation I switch to AGM-65-H so I can at least Force Correlate and hope that factors are in my favor.

This approach has worked well until 2.5. Now they are less reliable and more frustrating realistic.

There, fixed it for you. ;)

To the best of my knowledge, Force Correlate is great against large targets with low contrast, but is faaaaar from the sniper type weapon that people mistake it for in DCS. If this doesn't work any longer, all the better!

I just did the Instant Action Medium mission set in the winter, and I was able to attain a lock with the Mav H from 3,9nm(~4ish)

Thanks to MadDog-IC's track, I flew the mission as well.

I could reliably get a lock with the H-model at exactly 3.0 nm, not an inch more.

The D's would lock at around 7 nm, maybe more.

Both values are fairly consistent with my experiences from 1.5 and 2.0, mostly in regards to the fact that the H-model has always had such low locking ranges for me that I avoid it whenever possible.

[...] even a track from launching the instant action to firing a maverick at the first targets gets up to 6.4Mbs [...]

I saved my tracks, approx 2 MB for launching 2 Mavs in one pass at the first target group.

Looking around a lot with TrackIR used to blow up track sizes, but then I flew the same mission with my TrackClip off (TrackIR was still active, though, there just wasn't any head movement) and the track was only a few KB less in size, still around 2 MB.

Then again, ED said that the whole track and playback system had seen an overhaul in 2.5.

My results were quite mixed also, some times I could fire at just under 5nm but mostly at 2.5 to 3 nm (Probably depends on attack vector to target), [...]

Sounds plausible. As I said above, I could get a lock in this mission at exactly 3 nm, for targets in the first group as well as targets in the second, which was slightly obscured by trees when I approached it.

Thanks for your track!

When I watched it, you got off one 65H, flew out over the water, and during the next ingress I saw your plane crash into the Black Sea. Granted, I did time-accelerate playback. Anyway, so much for my hopes of more reliable track playback. :(

Just tried the mission and my findings were consistent with you guys. I was able to get locks but only from about 3 NM off the target. I don't think a track is necessary anymore as we're getting the same results in the same exact scenario...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]