4 Engines planes in DCS World

tosmonaute

I have read someone say that DCS engine can't model more than a two propulsion engines. So they would need to rewrite the physics engine completely to add more then.

Take it with grain of salt....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I have read someone say that DCS engine can't model more than a two propulsion engines.

Yes, this is my understanding as well. And when you view 4 engine aircraft in F2 view, they only display 2 RPM values.

I would like this limit to be removed someday, but there's nothing indicating that it's a priority in the short term.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

As what Fri13 says.

Though hopefully not to the point of requiring a rewrite though :shocking:

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Why not?

For sure it is an heavy work but DCS is an healthy going business!

I believe it could bring much more people to DCS...

Imagine fly an C5 Galaxy, P3 orion anti sub missions, KC10 or KC135 refueling missions

etc etc...

Economically don't you think it could be worth the work?

This could be a base with new ATC and a new weather system for a DCS 3.0

ED staff have mentioned it's on the cards and are building up to it.

They've been slowly making changes for all the prop birds regarding engine modeling, next thing up will be the flyable Mosquito with 2x prop engines for us to play with.

I'd imagine it'd be the next core feature for engines after that.

Exactly. With the addition of the P-47 ED can now more easily develop the modeling of a radial engine. RAZBAM is also currently working on another Twin prop airplane the Pucara.

I imagine four engine simulation will eventually come. Just that DCS may not be coded to support it at this time. ED might actually already begun working on the coding for when the day comes.

For now we are just going to have to be patient and wait for the things to evolve to it.

49802_1514519982.jpg

Edited by Evoman

a long time ago I had requested at least one modern seaplane for dcs, among other things, with 4 engines.

but 4 engines are already present in DCS in AI bombers.

My guess is that the engines in AI units are simulated with a very basic code so that all 4 engines just appear to be rotating. They don't need individual engine simulation because they are basically just props.

My guess is that the engines in AI units are simulated with a very basic code so that all 4 engines just appear to be rotating. They don't need individual engine simulation because they are basically just props.

Yep, I played with A-50 by shooting at its engines one by one. Only after the last one they go down. No problems flying single engine. Not even small yaw.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria