Thrustmaster Warthog not being recognised in game

lesthegrngo

Guys, I've asked this in the Input / Output forum too, but seem to not be getting anywhere with it

Basically, the joystick is recognised in the control setup, but in game has no function, and renders the game unplayable.

I've reassigned it as primary axis controller, deleted all other inputs for the axes, and gone back and forth through the control setup to ensure nothing else is reporting as the axis, but have got nowhere.

I've restarted the game, the computer, disconnected and reconnected the USB cable, nothing.

Any advice gratefully received

Cheers

Your question in the Input / Output forum war quite different. You didn't mention the four Bodnar BBI64 boards you're using in this post. Maybe ask the board producer (http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=300) because I don't think its a TM Warthog related problem. I'm using a TM Warthog since ages and never had a problem with it.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Yes, you are right, the omission of the Bodnar boards on this thread was actually somewhat of a deliberate omission on the basis that it's in the home cockpit forum. I guessed that people in this forum would be aware that there were probably other changes and would look at the other post - maybe a bit of a cheeky assumption on my part

Nonetheless, nothing I could do could change it and I had to get it working so I tried the DCS install repair function for the first time. It was what I considered the nuclear option as I thought it would wipe all my settings, have to re-install DCS Bios, remap controllers....

Astoundingly it didn't need a reinstall of DCS Bios, but it has reset the default.lua file and wiped the control bindings I had but I'm OK with that as it's restored the joystick function and the control mapping was a WIP anyway due to the need to add two or three more Bodnar boards. I have the modified default.lua files on a USB stick so it's just a question of redoing it once I have all the controls I want in place.

It seems that the constant chopping and changing as I added bits to the sim rig changed something somewhere, and I think the final straw was my cack-handed attempts ad trying to get the toggle switches to work correctly.

Nice to know that the auto repair is not as bad as I imagined, and it is a safety net

Cheers

Les

I'm starting to think that a lot of the problems I'm having have something to do with the game PC that DCS World is running on. After all the weird stuff that has gone on, today's new episode is that the DCS run.exe file has disappeared.

The only way I can get the game to run now is if I use autoupdate.exe, but it doesn't create a new run.exe file. A search showed that this is something that has happened to other people too, this very forum has instances of it, albeit a few years ago.

Has anyone had this recently? If so, how did you resolve it?

Cheers

Les

The only way I can get the game to run now is if I use autoupdate.exe, but it doesn't create a new run.exe file. A search showed that this is something that has happened to other people too, this very forum has instances of it, albeit a few years ago.

Has anyone had this recently? If so, how did you resolve it?

Cheers

Les

I have the same problem, could not fix it so I use autoupdate also, now I'm used to it

Marc..