P-51 wierd thing

grafspee

can anyone explain to me why p-51 at low speed with flaps full down with applied power 35/2700 starts oscilating up/down left/right with nose ?? same thing while gliding with prop stationary

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

yes this one

this effect get my intrest becouse i encountered both almost the same oscilation while engine running and while engine was jammed

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

The effect was something that puzzled me too initialy.

Later I found some pilot notes on it. Unfortunately I didn't save the URL :-/

The other effect, that of the propwash deflection under strong x-wind takeoffs, and it's impact on the takeoff run is also mentioned in a document - techinal / aerodynamics - that I once forwarded to Yo-Yo as a sort of "sorry guy... you were right after all..."

So, overall I tend to accept the way some things are modeled even if I can find that they could probably be fine tuned. But in DCS World it depends a lot in the hardware we use to control our modules.

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

The effect was something that puzzled me too initialy.

Later I found some pilot notes on it. Unfortunately I didn't save the URL :-/

The other effect, that of the propwash deflection under strong x-wind takeoffs, and it's impact on the takeoff run is also mentioned in a document - techinal / aerodynamics - that I once forwarded to Yo-Yo as a sort of "sorry guy... you were right after all..."

So, overall I tend to accept the way some things are modeled even if I can find that they could probably be fine tuned. But in DCS World it depends a lot in the hardware we use to control our modules.

actualy i werent concerned about t/o behavio in any conditions. i was curious about this circural nose swing at low speeds with flaps and power applied and exactly the same behavior with prop stacionary that thing exectly made me think about it. i know that stacionary prop is very much loaded like in power conditions but it is not turning. so this thing will fade away while prop is unloaded right ??