Apache Mod and Multiplayer

I've followed this link http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98921 and decided to install the AH-64A onto my computer which I have got working fully functionally (yes I used the updated installation instructions for 1.2.4). How ever there is one problem. In the instructions it tells me to go into my C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Weapons and to edit the aircraft_gun_mounts.lua file. Now I did what it said and changed the value of a specific weapon then tried to get my friend to join my server but they just kept getting kicked out and have the message pop up saying "Connection Interrupted". I was lost for a while trying to find out the problem and whilst doing so I tried joining other servers but it refused to let me connect so I knew it was something on my behalf. It took me a while to figure out that it was that file that I had to edit, which was causing this problem. Does anyone know why editing this file has made it unable for me to connect to others and others unable to connect to me? :helpsmilie:

Many servers block users who have modified certain portions of the game since it can allow cheating. Modified weapons would tend to be on the list of things that get checked.

I'm not sure about why your friend could not join yours.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

In the instructions it tells me to go into my C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Weapons and to edit the aircraft_gun_mounts.lua file. Now I did what it said and changed the value of a specific weapon then tried to get my friend to join my server but they just kept getting kicked out and have the message pop up saying "Connection Interrupted".

I ran into the same thing. The second time I installed the mod I did not edit the gun mount file it said to edit and it worked after that. The other problem we had was that it looked like an Apache to me but it looked like a Mi-8 to my buddy. Anybody solved that yet? I just remembered, at the time we tested this out he didn't have FC3 installed, maybe this was the reason for the Mi-8 showing up instead of the Apache?

Edited by Reaper73
Additional Info

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Sabertooth Z97, 4790K @ 4.4Ghz, Corsair H110 CPU Cooler, EVGA 750XR power supply, 2XEVGA 780GTX 6GB, 16GB GSkill DDR3, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD(OS), WD 1 TB SATA (Storage), WD 3 TB SATA (Storage),Win 10 x64, ASUS 27" LED, Planar 24" Touch Screen (Helios Glass Cockpit), TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, Track IR 5

Yes that's exactly what happened to me, I didn't edit the file, my friend joined and he claimed he saw me as an Mi8, not sure why :L Except it doesn't have anything to do with FC3 I'm afraid to say as my friend has it installed...

And how would I do that?

afaik: in scripts/net/default.cfg

server = {

name = "DCS Server",

max_players = 32,

integrity_check = { -- list of dirs/files, which should match the server ones

-- it is advised to use normal slashes - '/' as path separators

-- or, if you insist on using backward ones, use double backslashes '\\'

-- "Config/Weapons",

-- "Scripts/compile.lua",

},

sign-pic4.jpg