MFCD for Android tablets (phones)

colo

Hi,

first of all thank you for you purchase !

How many monitors do you have ?

Have you any 4k monitors ?

Also please check if you have latest java installed:

- in windows open command prompt and type: java -version

should be version 8 update 191

New version 1.3 will be released within several days, this version will output debug info from which I can see various variables and config, so it will be easier do debug.

If you send me your monitors specification to appsupport@lumatek.sk I can send monitor profile file, which you can directly copy to DCS folder, so you will not need to configure monitors via GUI.

And of course you can refund purchase any time if you are not satisfied with this product.

Thank you !

colo

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi i have 2 1080p monitors main one is horizontal second in vertical i reinstated java yesterday for newest release.

horizontal ASUS VS248 1920x1080

vertical LG L197W 900x1440

short clip whit issue

JPEG_20181010_183334.thumb.jpg.5c3e0417ac36857b69568249281318b1.jpg

Edited by tees

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

Hi,

nice monitor setup - thank you for feedback and video !

I suppose that you want to display instruments on your second vertical display.

Please just send me email to appsupport@lumatek.sk ( I suposse that you don't want to reveal your email here on forums) and I will reply with monitor config file which you can use without monitor configuration.

Regards,

colo

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

Hi,

new version 1.3 is out:

- added support for up to 3 Android devices simultaneously connected to DCS World

- added screen with "waiting for connection" instead of blurred cdu image

- added debug.txt and error.txt files on server for better bugreport

- fixed crash on start on some older devices

- fixed bug when swipe to Hornet AMPCD was possible from another aircrafts

- minor performance tuning

Notes:

- always make sure that no apps is running on your tablet(s)

- start aInstruments on tablet(s) first - "Waiting for connection" should be displayed

- start aInstruments on Desktop - it will autodiscover all your tablets and connects to them

- please note that if you experience lags it is almost always tablet related (server part use no more that 3 percent CPU on modern rig)

- if you experience lag, try to restart aInstruments on tablet (no need to restart server desktop part once tablet was conneced)

This app is physically tested on tablets with Android 4.4.4 and higher (it doesn't mean that it will not work on 4.1 and higher),

it is possible to lock targets via Mavericks on Hornet or TGP on A-10 in realtime.

Coming soon within several days:

- version 1.4 with Viggen radar and navigation support (most work is already done)

Happy Christmas !

:beer:

Edited by colo

Hi Colo, I'm having the same problem with white box appearing, same as Tees. I'm using my tablet to place the MFD. However, my main viewing setup is 3 27 inch monitors but is set up as one, though my graphics card. MY Java version 1.8.0_192

Hi Colo, I'm having the same problem with white box appearing, same as Tees. I'm using my tablet to place the MFD. However, my main viewing setup is 3 27 inch monitors but is set up as one, though my graphics card. MY Java version 1.8.0_192

Hi Karnij,

thank you for purchasing aInstruments !

Please note, as mentioned in the manual, that only 1 or 2 monitors are supported via GUI config.

Please send me your monitors resolutions

and monitors geometry description - i.e. if you have them placed left to right, or top to bottom (or just photo how DCS looks on your monitors) to appsupport@lumatek.sk and I will send you preconfigured monitor file, which you will just copy to DCS world.

Thank you!

colo

Hi,

new version 1.4 is out

you can download desktop part from here.

you can install tablet part from Google Play (as always it may take some time to be visible on Google play):

- added support for AJS 37 Viggen radar and data panel & navigation instruments (30 buttons mapped)

- rounded MDI displays for F/A-18C Hornet

- updated manual

- fixed bug not updating picture when coming back from Abris to Shkval on Ka-50

- fixed displacement of OSB 9 buttons on left and right MFCDs on A-10C

- fixed error in monitor template

Currently 5 aircrafts and 12 instruments are supported:

- AJS 37 Viggen - radar and data panel with navigation

- F/A-18C Hornet - left & right DDI displays and bottom AMPCD display

- AV-8B Harrier II Night Attack - left & right MPCD display

- A-10C Thunderbolt II - left & right MFCD displays and CDU navigation computer

- Ka-50 Black Shark - Shkval display and ABRIS navigation computer

Any feedback and ideas are welcome.

Happy new year ! :beer:

colo

radar.jpg.974282877c407db5b4cb776781c5a0e8.jpg

nav.jpg.a5306cac2ae5cc184cfcfd2ecfbb2992.jpg

Edited by colo

Hi Karnij,

thank you for purchasing aInstruments !

Please note, as mentioned in the manual, that only 1 or 2 monitors are supported via GUI config.

Please send me your monitors resolutions

and monitors geometry description - i.e. if you have them placed left to right, or top to bottom (or just photo how DCS looks on your monitors) to appsupport@lumatek.sk and I will send you preconfigured monitor file, which you will just copy to DCS world.

Thank you!

colo

Hi Colo,

I'm having the same issue and I only have 2 monitors. 2 1920 x 1080. Left is main display.

Hi Colo,

I'm having the same issue and I only have 2 monitors. 2 1920 x 1080. Left is main display.

Hi bodecker,

if your monitors is arranged left to right:

please copy file "ainstruments.lua" from attachment to:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup (or modify path if your DCS is installed in another folder) and

In DCS World - Settings - System:

-enter 3840x1080 in Resolution field

-select aInstruments in Monitors field

-check if "Full screen" is unchecked

click OK

Now when you start A-10C or Hornet in DCS World you should see instruments on your second monitor

(if you dont see CDU, Harrier MPCDs or Viggen instruments see figure 3.)

Exit DCS World

run aInstruments server part on Desktop and fill these values line by line

(for LEFT MFCD,RIGHT MFCD, AMPCD, CDU):

1920 0 300 300

1920 301 300 300

1920 601 300 300

1920 901 300 100

click "Save instruments positions"

3. (only if you don't see A10 CDU, AV8 MPCDs or AJS37 ins.):

in aInstruments server part click "Export A10 CDU, AV8 MFCDs, AJS 37.." button and restart DCS World

From this point anytime if you want play DCS, just start aIntsruments on

tablet, then start aInstruments on Desktop and then DCS World.

If you experience lags restart tablet app (restarting desktop app will not help)

Regards,

colo

aInstruments.lua

Hi bodecker,

if your monitors is arranged left to right:

please copy file "ainstruments.lua" from attachment to:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup (or modify path if your DCS is installed in another folder) and

In DCS World - Settings - System:

-enter 3840x1080 in Resolution field

-select aInstruments in Monitors field

-check if "Full screen" is unchecked

click OK

Now when you start A-10C or Hornet in DCS World you should see instruments on your second monitor

(if you dont see CDU, Harrier MPCDs or Viggen instruments see figure 3.)

Exit DCS World

run aInstruments server part on Desktop and fill these values line by line

(for LEFT MFCD,RIGHT MFCD, AMPCD, CDU):

1920 0 300 300

1920 301 300 300

1920 601 300 300

1920 901 300 100

click "Save instruments positions"

3. (only if you don't see A10 CDU, AV8 MPCDs or AJS37 ins.):

in aInstruments server part click "Export A10 CDU, AV8 MFCDs, AJS 37.." button and restart DCS World

From this point anytime if you want play DCS, just start aIntsruments on

tablet, then start aInstruments on Desktop and then DCS World.

If you experience lags restart tablet app (restarting desktop app will not help)

Regards,

colo

Hi Colo, so I've followed your instructions, and everything seems to run. I have a few issues still that I hope you can clarify.

1) The screen doesn't stay active when running the app. ie android kills the screen while the app is running, instead of staying on.

2) I can't seem to control the swipe between panels. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't? is there a specific hotzone for swiping on the screen?

3) the buttons along the side do not work. Is that because that functionality has not been implemented in the app?

Thanks again.

Hi bodecker,

1. if the app don't stay active it means that it crash for some reason, have you try completely restart your tablet and run just aInstruments on it ?

a) which tablet do you have - android version ?

b) can you try it on another tablet or mobile phone - you don't need to buy it again, it is enough if you have your account on another tablet (standard Google Play policy)

2. swipe - there is no limit on screen where to swipe, it should work on any place of tablet, it only depend which aircraft you have selected on aInstruments on desktop:

A10 - swiping from top to bottom, and left to right

F18 - swiping from top to bottom, and left to right

AV8 - only left to right

Ka50 - only top to bottom

AJS37 - only top to bottom

3. have you pressed the "Add keybindings for instruments..." at least once on aInstruments app on Desktop ? You can check if keybindings has been added in DCS World -> Option -> Controls, for example select A10C Sim and find MFCDs mappings - it should be mapped to keys like it is described in manual in appendix section.

Thank you

colo

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Colo !

First, great app, thanks :)

I have DCS beta only, and changed the path in the app. I was able to export the A10C CDU & AV-8 MPCDs. I have 2 monitors.

When I click the button “instrument placement and configuration", I have a white windows. I looked on the "debut.txt" but it was empty.

I do not execute the app in admin mode. When I try, I have a popup error "can't locate jarfile : xxxxx.jar" (forgot the name of the jar file).

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Have a nice day.

image.png

06th Multirole Helicopter Regiment

Bataillon d'appui aérien - Escadrille HOG

Hi MirabelleBenou,

thanks for buying aInstruments and sorry for inconvenieces.

Jar error:

Have you extracted (unzipped) aInstruments.zip for example on your Desktop?

- just double clicking (opening) zip archive and run app from there will not work.

(You sould see aInstruments14 folder on your desktop)

White screen:

It looks like that several people have similar problem - I will try to fix this on next release.

Please send me your monitor resolutions and short description of their arrangement

(e.g. first left main monitor 1920x1080, second 800x600 on the right) to appsupport@lumatek.sk and I will send you pre-configured monitor file whch you will just copy to DCS.

Thank you !

Regards,

colo

Hallo,

you can also start aInstruments manually in admin mode:

- start command prompt as administrator

Then type there commands:

cd YOUR_DESKTOP_PATH\aInstruments14\App

java -jar aInstruments.jar

Hope this helps

Hi,

here are some new features which be implemented within 2 weeks (not exactly in this order) in 3 next versions of aInstruments:

- dual MFCDs / MFDs for A-10C and Harrier in tablet landscape mode (side by side)

- kneeboard (so you can have kneeboard pages really on knees)

- SAMs thread pages with real values tested from DCS World (Soviet/Russian SAMs only)

colo

Hi,

new version 1.5 is out - it may take some time to be visible on Google Play.

- added kneepad support (double tab to show, swipe left/right, then double tap to return)

- improved GUI monitor config with manual monitor input support (by shift clicking on GUI button)

- GUI monitor config now supports 2 monitors up to 4k resolution

- GUI monitor config autoscaling

- updated manual

- fix - white screen instead of detected monitors in GUI monitor config

- fix - coordinates not visible in GUI monitor config on start

- fix - Ka-50 Abris buttons not working

- fix - aInstruments on Desktop not run correctly on another windows drive

- fix - aInstruments crash on swipe to another instrument when not connected

colo

Hi

new version 1.6 is out (can took some time to be visible on Google Play)

- added 50 pixels resizing of playscreen area in GUI monitor config

- added possibility of running GUI monitor config several times

- added version info showing on tablet app on start

- added notice of loading of kneepad pages on tablet

- fix - non working tablet buttons after return from kneepad on tablet

- fix - not switching to actual AC instruments after tablet app restart

It is also important that you have always the same version of desktop app and tablet app.

Thanx

colo

Hello,

yes these are just templates, just put your pages into Kneepad subfolder of aInstruments

Please see more details regarding sizes and formats in manual.

Thank you !

colo

Edited by colo

Hi,

here is preview video of version 1.7 (not yet released)

Added SAMs pages, can be accessed by press gesture on tablet.

Next to each SAM safe altitude, range and speed (if applicable) is displayed - these values are tested from DCS World, fighter size target 7000 m and 800 IAS.

SAMs can be sorted by name, altitude and range.

Details of SAM system can be accessed by clicking on its image - subpage is displayed with typical SAM components and RWR icons.