Regarding update to 2.5.6

Rudel_chw

Upgraded external and cockpit textures using PBR (Still WIP)

Does this means that user-made liveries will need to be updated? Or can older liveries still be used?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I imagine they need to be updated, it was the same with the Sabre.

I'm still downloading the 2.5.6, and this is one of the first things I will check :) .. will report here afterwards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

REPORTING A BUG - P-51D

t.16000/TWS: throttle not slaving to TWS throttle. First it did, then I notice the in-cockpit throttle didn't move when I moved the TWS throttle. I went back into controls and "cleared" the selection, then re-selected the TWS throttle (in axis commands). not the throttle doesnt operate at all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh there are no fighter pilots down in hell,

The place is full of queers, navigators, bombardiers,

but there are no fighter pilots down in hell!

REPORTING A BUG - P-51D

t.16000/TWS: throttle not slaving to TWS throttle. First it did, then I notice the in-cockpit throttle didn't move when I moved the TWS throttle. I went back into controls and "cleared" the selection, then re-selected the TWS throttle (in axis commands). not the throttle doesnt operate at all.

Reporting a bug from the P-51 in the C-101 forum?

Might wanna go somewhere else with that.

Yes, it is there. When you tell the ground crew to disconnect power supply, you get a message saying that can't while you are idling.

Thanks - the throttle seems to be working in all planes except the P51??

:(:(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh there are no fighter pilots down in hell,

The place is full of queers, navigators, bombardiers,

but there are no fighter pilots down in hell!

Yes, it is there. When you tell the ground crew to disconnect power supply, you get a message saying that can't while you are idling.

Yep! That´s what I mean! Unfortunately, I couldn´t do anything else, to check if there are some other bugs, because the GPU was attached to the acft.

Sorry but I don't see any issue with GPU disconnection. You can disconnect it with engines on. Please explain better the situation or send a trk.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

I'm still downloading the 2.5.6, and this is one of the first things I will check :) .. will report here afterwards.

OK, here is the promised report:

1) First, the user liveries for the C-101CC seems to work just as they did under 2.5.5:

VFRJrDY.jpg

1gsfuKW.jpg

2) The textures for the C-101EB now show square artifacts, like this:

GQGN9gs.jpg

6aJVnnT.jpg

nFrHjkK.jpg

3) The default liveries provided by Aviodev, not only work with no issues, but they are "shinier" than before .. just a bit too much shine for my taste, but they do look atractive:

CQiCKus.jpg

UsFJ63B.jpg

8nv2OA4.jpg

I will contact @Etten, to see if he can take a look at the situation with the EB liveries that he made.

Question: Is this Template updated to the new standard?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/texture_templates/c-101_template/

Best regards,

Eduardo

Rudel, you are probably using old files, those liveries from Etten are included in our module and working properly, AFAIK.

OK, will double check and then come back to comment :)

I've had the opposite issue, user files for the CC are not picking up their RoughMets correctly, and after a little looking I found that the Chilean Fuselage 1 RoughMet file has seemingly been renamed.

The file that user liveries are referencing is "C-101-fuse-1-CC-CHILE_RoughMet" but in 2.5.6 this has been renamed to "C-101-fuse-1-CHILE_RoughMet".

The Fuselage 2 RoughMet does not seem to have been renamed and works as intended with all old user skins.

If this could be changed back then existing user files would continue to work as normal.

I'd also like to thank AvioDev for their continued efforts on this module, the PBR effects really bring the 101 to life!

Edited by C-TE-B

Latest open beta. Normandy map. Cold start instant action mission. Track attached.

Please make trks in Caucasus. I can't have all modules in all installs that I have, that would require an extremely huge amount of space available in my hard disks. Take into account that I have to work with several DCS versions, at least 3 or 4 different ones.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys, all these issues that you have reported are caused by ED's changes. Like the lights issues is because ED changed some parameters internally without any advice. So please don't think it's us going backwards.

Now this issue with GPU seems to be something related to ED's changes or bugs as well. We didn't make any changes in our software that could cause this issue (same with the landing lights issue). We'll investigate it and hope to get to a solution.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]